• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This Hadley stuff is unbearable. I dont really know if there is a force in the world that can negate Vossy's 'Vossness' but man he is bad.

Like he is explaining rugby league to invading aliens... Or Victorians who just know it as RUgby.

I have called channel nine a couple of times and the poor intern is at her wit's end with complaints. She hadn't even heard of Vossy until tonight. But there have been a few complaints.

The best was the start of the rabs broncs game where Hadley took the advice of not over calling it on board and said nothing.

Lockyer terrible also.

Yeah he belongs on radio i think, just doesn't sound good for tv at all. Talks like he's at the racetrack instead of the footy park

It makes you wonder about the days when I listened to his calls pre- foxtel/austar I just heard him call a player through a gap who basically stepped the marker.

There is no involvement from other commentators when you would expect it. Like a one man show. It's just poor. So ducking poor.

Vossy should never have said that JUnee Rabs statue was sh...

Top End Eagle people in the northern hemisphere actually refer to league as rugby as well even where they invented the game.

So it's just victorians under a delusion they are in England

Like Eddie macguire calls it.

65:57 'He's away they won't catch him'

Seven yellow broncos around a half break rabbit.

Bolts people can see what you are calling.

Changes everything.

When I listen to Hadley I actually miss Voss. Thats a huge statement but the truth. He goes for patches where nothing is said. He is describing the game as if I cant see whats happening, there is no discussion on the football. And you can tell who he is barracking to win.

He is terrible, I would complain to NBN but I deal with complaints at my Job and I promised myself I would never be one of those people.

It makes voss look like a genius.

I liked boots and all and the roast was he'd and shoulders above the Sunday footy show but Hadley is posted with wally and locky who are like chuch mice. Loved how he cut Tim Gilbert off when he was speaking to Elias.

But the most embarrassing part is when he calls a player 'past the forty' when the footage shows him tackled five metres befote that indicative line.

Parra PAnthers on now (thanks Imparja) Sterling such a pro.

Not sure why people are anti Voss. I like the way he calls games. Brings in his co-commentators well and doesn't seem to make the real obvious mistakes some other commentators make.

Yes, I prefer Vossy.
One thing I object to is Channel Nein thinking if you are a good footballer or cricketer you make a good commentator. Lockyer is hopeless; I would have thought that an important requisite to commentating was to have a voice, not a rasp. Andrew Johns is also hopeless. In the cricket Mark Taylor is ordinary, and Tony Greig has always been hopeless.
These guys are doing professionals out of work.

The Eagle said:
I DESPISE VOSS,anything is an improvement

Wish we could get James Earl Jones to do the calling

This.

JEJ is too old but man he would sound good.

^^ lol.

Kerry packer once said, don't describe what the people can already see.

Maybe hadley should listen to that advice and tone it down a bit.

I dunno, I'm obv not the oracle of game calling but:

Hadley I thought was good on radio.
I didn't mind vossy (but I may be biased as he always responds to my emails.)

Even the rabs v gus is ok, but gus is plugging penriff stuff too much(ff).

As long as it's not vautin yelling qld'er every 30 secs I'm pretty happy.

Though as I said before, I usually mentally tune the commentary out.

Peace, and lollypops to you all.

Hadley is so frigging annoying, I have to mute the TV. Please get rid of him, worst commentator ever.

Hadley calls it like he is on radio, trying to inject excitement in every play and naming every player involved. I wouldn't have a problem with that if it was on radio. But it ain't.

At the beginning of the match he sounded like he was screeching about Gillard in one of his far-right-wing rants but it was actually about whether the video ref was going to give a try. I started to seethe, but he actually toned it down after that. He needs to modify the whole way he presents a tv game.

I like Hadley on the radio but tv is just not his medium.
I don't mind Voss. What's the G-O?
What happened to him?
Why isn't he on anymore?

Hadley blew up about Vossy's comments on the RAy warren statue. It came out that Hadley was still seething Voss left 2ue to call tv games for nine possibly jealousy at the time but nine would not have wanted Hadley and rabs two established callers seemingly competing for games.

Rabs is getting on a bit now so maybe think Hadley has popularity due to his radio show and could slip into the role. Voss has possibly pigeon holed himself as a second fiddle.

Problem for nine is Hadley doesn't go to air in QLD in the mornings and the pensioners who listen to his show in Sydney are all asleep by the time the second game comes around.

Top End Eagle said:
Problem for nine is Hadley doesn't go to air in QLD in the mornings and the pensioners who listen to his show in Sydney are all asleep by the time the second game comes around.

How can they sleep with that racket coming from the tv?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4