Sack Geoff for stupidity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tooves should stand down now a new voice is needed the management need to grow some balls if they have no faith in toovey for next season why are they letting us down excepting this mediocrity?. I'm not saying a new coach will do miracles but a new voice may save us from the spoon. 1999 0-7 start Bozo steps down the worse coach in the history of the game Sharp takes over we win 3 in a row. It certainly couldn't hurt 3 wins in a row I'd take that.
maybe bozo can convince Sharpey to come back

Sadly I think the time has come
2V's needs to step down
He has lost the playing group none of them want to play for him any more

The boys have lost pride in there Jersey and have turned this club in one year from going within one game of being minor premiers to contenders for the spoon.

This is hurting more than the northern eagles days when we had a s$$t roster.

Last edited:
I still maintain this is a hatchet job on Toovey, and I reckon if they think Barrett is going to change anything then just keep on dreaming. Swapping winning coaches for untried hail mary newbies is a recipe for disaster, Just ask Parramatta. Not everyone gets a Trent Robinson most of the time you end up with Stephen Kearneys and Jason Taylors. This playing group are the ones causing this ****e. And pathetic management at the top in our club has caused this crap, nothing else but pisss weak useless Owners with ego's and a score to settle. that goes for both sets of Owners. Bunch of F'ing childish sooks have destroyed the club through constant bickering and infighting. I'm not going to blame Toovey the rot started at the day we let Des walk because we couldn't get our act together. Keep Toovey Punt Penn!!

I still maintain this is a hatchet job on Toovey, and I reckon if they think Barrett is going to change anything then just keep on dreaming. Swapping winning coaches for untried hail mary newbies is a recipe for disaster, Just ask Parramatta. Not everyone gets a Trent Robinson most of the time you end up with Stephen Kearneys and Jason Taylors. This playing group are the ones causing this ****e. And pathetic management at the top in our club has caused this crap, nothing else but pisss weak useless Owners with ego's and a score to settle. that goes for both sets of Owners. Bunch of F'ing childish sooks have destroyed the club through constant bickering and infighting. I'm not going to blame Toovey the rot started at the day we let Des walk because we couldn't get our act together. Keep Toovey Punt Penn!!

Great post @conanu.....!!

It has been a hatchet job on Tooves for sure and some of the senior players need a good kick up the ass. As for Penn well I just don't know if he actually gives a **** about what is best for the club or if he is more concerned about some petty ego centric agenda.

This year has been a joke and it really disappoints me beyond words to see the club I love treated this way and to be in the position we are currently in.

Ironically for all of those who think Bozo is a great judge of coaches. He chose Sharpe as his successor when he retired. Barrett won't do as well as Sharpey at least he somehow managed to avoid the spoon.

Sharp at the time had an impeccable resume he had coached and won premierships with the Knights junior teams (up to presidents cup) if you speak to the johns boy's at the time and still today they say sharp is the best coach they ever had. Sharp had also been successful as a junior Australian coach so he had coached teams on his own he just didn't cut it as first grade.

Let's not rewrite history Sharp was a dud coach but let's not forget he took over after 7 games in 1999 a broke club that was then shunted into the Northern Eagles. No 1 could have been successful as the coach of that entity because we hated Norths they hated us. When we become Manly solely again we still had no money and a dud team so to judge Sharp on that is unfair. I don't rate sharp as a coach but Toovey has had an easier ride as coach and even this season has a superior roster than Sharp ever had and he never delivered us a spoon as Toovey will with out a miracle.

So if you think Bozo stuffed up on that occasion fine but I'd say he still has plenty of credits in the bank.

You give Tooves the cattle we need up front inxtead of this sorry excuse of a forward pack and he'll get results. Lack of forward power is what it all comes down to. With Myles, Lussick etc coming on board next year, this will hopefully lift us out of the mire but it will all be attributed to Barrett who'll be labelled a genius coach and the Penns will take credit. Joke.

The offseason can not come soon enough, to say Manly need to get their **** together and get back to basics is an understatement. Maybe a new coach is needed to turn things around, just look at what a good coach like Wayne bennent has done for the broncos in a short time.

I think what should happen is they will give Toovey until we are mathematically no chance of making the semis..Once we are no longer a chance, Barrett will come in and start preparing for next year. That would be the fairest outcome for all involved.

The elephant in the room is that players leave because of him or stay because he's going.

Betting on a newbie is about new beginnings. Yep, it's a gamble but when the stakes are this low anything seems like hope.

Toovey should announce he's leaving season end and then the club doesn't have to play through this wooden spoon scenario to keep the faithful onside.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4