• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Yet another boring display of nothingness.

You think one of the teams would let the other score a try to give the fans something to cheer about? :sleep:

U Orstrayans amuse me with your perception that rugby is about running with a ball. You now have 4 more years to absorb the fact that the rest of the world have no reason to change the way the game is played, nor do they want to.

If you want to watch lots of running and knock-ons, then stick with AFL.

That was a brilliant final full of aggression, passion and tenseness. The sort of drama and history that League can only dream about.

And isn't it only one week since the Worlds Number 2 League side hosted the top side and got lashed 0-58?

Give me 15-6 anyday.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Only saw about 10mins of it, and am glad that was all i saw tbh, flicked onto other things at that point. All Golds was a far better spectacle

Well Done anyway mata.

Just on your point about drama and history league can only dream about, i thought the 2006 Tri Nations League Final beats the RWC Final in every department

I feel dirty as I was actually cheering the scum from SA, wont happen again anytime soon.

Game was ok, had some nice shots in it but I think something needs to be done to reward attacking Rugby, more short arm penalties or less points for penalties and field goals etc.

If you reduce the number of points for penalties all that will result will be a hell of a lot of cynical killing the ball at the breakdown.

The kiwis might even be a chance of winning the World cup if that happens.

Mata, i think it has been confirmed that from next year teams must have 10/15 coloured players in the starting lineup, and a coloured coach as well, am i correct ?

If that is the case, how far back will SA rugby fall ?

Rugby will always fight with the perception that the ref has the ability to affect the result way too much. To hear the English bleating about an Aussie ref confirms this way too much. The set pieces, time off for injury and ability to slow the game down is to the detriment. The stellenbosch laws may iimprove the game if the Coats in the UK can be convinced to let go of their tight control over the game.

Mata, i think it has been confirmed that from next year teams must have 10/15 coloured players in the starting lineup, and a coloured coach as well, am i correct ?

If that is the case, how far back will SA rugby fall ?

I don't think the quota thing is definite. It's a bit of a game of stand-off at the moment.

If it does happen there will be a noticeable decline in standards initially and an exodus of white players to English club rugby. No doubt the Wobblies and Blacks will pick up a few dissaffecteds as well.

There are a lot of very handy black players coming through and in 20 years time it is conceivable that they could field a competitive squad with 10 black players starting that could win a Cup.

But the quota will set rugby back by at least 10 years and have quite severe ramifications for the Super 14 and Tri Series.

Yeah that is what i thought from the outside looking at it, without knowing the inner workings of SA rugby.

The Black guys are really showing through in the backs, but there don't seem to be a lot of them in the forwards, and rugby is still a game won in the forwards.

On SA sport in general, i can understand the need for the quota when they were readmitted to sport, but these days there seem to be enough of the black guys who can make the cricket and rugby sides on merti, and the quota thing can take a shine off their acheivments at times, particularly that case in the cricket a few years back when Prince was picked over Rudolph in 1 of the tests in Australia

The cricket side are struggling to field a black player after Ntini.

Reality is most of the black guys would prefer to play soccer!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4