• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ruthless, utterly ruthless.
One thing is for sure, everyone who ends up on our NRL playing roster this year will be under no illusions as to what is expected of them. The dramatic roster overhaul and the ever-continuing 'fluidity' of our squad is indicative of the life-long approach of you-know-who. Namely, we are here to win, and friends you make along the way are merely a bonus.

There have been tears, there will be more, but as a mere fan I must say I am expecting a seriously competitive team next year, which pleases me quite a lot as I do enjoy watching Manly win footy games.

In recent times the loyalty & honour at Manly has been the benchmark in rugby league.
That wont stop, thing is we needed changes to an aging & wounded roster & the fresh faces will be fan favourites by round 5, as they embrace the culture.
Time means change & very happy with the quality of the signings & have young guns like Trjobovic bros, Demitriou, Knight to mix in also.
All those complaining need to accept change & appreciate the great squad that gives us a team everyone hates again.

Manly fans demand sucess every year so lets hope that the culling results in a premiership contending team in 2016

Ruthless, utterly ruthless.
One thing is for sure, everyone who ends up on our NRL playing roster this year will be under no illusions as to what is expected of them. The dramatic roster overhaul and the ever-continuing 'fluidity' of our squad is indicative of the life-long approach of you-know-who. Namely, we are here to win, and friends you make along the way are merely a bonus.

There have been tears, there will be more, but as a mere fan I must say I am expecting a seriously competitive team next year, which pleases me quite a lot as I do enjoy watching Manly win footy games.
Yep, no more room for pleasantries. Players should not run teams. The boss is the boss! About time

As long as we compete in every game,then I'm sure that most of us fans will be happy,I'm expecting with the team that's being assembled that will happen,and with that comes success.

Next year the MMMAAAANNNNNLLLLYYYYY chant will be replaced by Marooooon And whiiiiiiitte.

Last year Manly wouldn't release Matai to the Warriors when he asked (apparently to make massive coin) This year we sign players & turn around & punt them seemingly in the same breath.Is this the so called "Culture" we always hear about or is it dead ??

There's a difference between culture & charity....the players are judged harshly, coaches even more so.
Barrett is assembling the best team that suits his footy style with his head on the block.
I respect he is making some big calls & most importantly its making the players accountable for their futures at Manly.
Those who WANT to be part of the culture WILL be by showing it.
Not Barrett's fault players have had major injuries, are getting on OR the side is stronger replacing them.
I'm sure the same ppl questioning these calls today will be all smiles when this footy side challenges for the title.

Being "ruthless" is all well and good, but what kind of message is it sending to the current plating group? If the club doesn't give a stuff about them or their mates then why should they show any loyalty to the club in the future? So when Foran goes to Parramatta or the Roosters come after Liam Knight or the Bulldogs throw huge money at Jake and Tommy T, we should all expect them to act with ruthless self interest too.

On paper this team that could be assembled barring a minimal injury list could and should be serious contenders . In 40 years of following the boys I don't think I've been more excited about an up and coming season.

What will be interesting though is with all these mew players coming on board, with the possible addition of Walker also, how long will it take for the team to gel and the newbies adopting the Manly culture, considering a number of the old brigade are gone with a few more to leave at seasons end.

Honestly @SeaEagleRock8 , it's both for me (unfortunately).

I get and understand that change needed to happen, and in fact, I'm really excited by it.

At the same time, I hate seeing the players I've become attached to leaving.

The club's been ruthless, that's for sure - but it had to happen, and that's as much as I'm going top hate seeing it happen.

What will be interesting though is with all these mew players coming on board, with the possible addition of Walker also, how long will it take for the team to gel and the newbies adopting the Manly culture, considering a number of the old brigade are gone with a few more to leave at seasons end.

I just hope there is enough "Manly Culture" left to adopt. Too many have tried to destroy it of late and there is only a few left to reinforce it into the Newbies.

You know the old adage, champion team will beat a team of champions. You need that little bit of something extra, that undefineable quality that gives a team it's mojo. Changing the team roster is one thing, my fear is that they change the team culture to one of self interest and distrust. Management philosphy of no friends and ruthlessness won't work for an NRL team. Barrett will have his work cut out to build a bond between a whole new group and it will be a good test of his man management skills.

Last year Manly wouldn't release Matai to the Warriors when he asked (apparently to make massive coin) This year we sign players & turn around & punt them seemingly in the same breath.Is this the so called "Culture" we always hear about or is it dead ??
Matai should have been released last year. The club was not run properly and dumb decsions were being made. Hence the clean out required this year

Manly's culture doesn't belong to any player(s) who come and go. It is ingrained in the history and places like Brookie oval and new players soon learn the culture.

You know the old adage, champion team will beat a team of champions. You need that little bit of something extra, that undefineable quality that gives a team it's mojo. Changing the team roster is one thing, my fear is that they change the team culture to one of self interest and distrust. Management philosphy of no friends and ruthlessness won't work for an NRL team. Barrett will have his work cut out to build a bond between a whole new group and it will be a good test of his man management skills.
I'd prefer that culture to a culture of division from a couple of players who think they run the club.

I simply could not be happier with the way we are building for next season. There are PLENTY of people around who hold that Manly culture and will impart it with their attitude and action.

I'd prefer that culture to a culture of division from a couple of players who think they run the club.

I simply could not be happier with the way we are building for next season. There are PLENTY of people around who hold that Manly culture and will impart it with their attitude and action.
Im happy also @Ralphie , just hope you are right with the PLENTY bit but I also worry that the newbies might be trying to invent their own culture. Time will tell I guess, but 2016 is certainly looking up

If we get Walker on top of the confirmed signing of Myles, Brown and Taupau, that would make 4 internationals in one swoop, plus a few other handy types. This may not be unprecedented but I can't recall Manly ever doing that before. Maybe no club has?

Im happy also @Ralphie , just hope you are right with the PLENTY bit but I also worry that the newbies might be trying to invent their own culture. Time will tell I guess, but 2016 is certainly looking up
We had huge cleanouts on many occasions and the culture not only survived but thrived. In the playing ranks we will have Snake, Killer, Skivvy, DCE, Tafua, Hiku, Lawrence, Starling, Lussick and others who all understand the Manly culture. Beaver will be involved and of course there's Bozo. I'm comfortable the culture is safe.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4