Rumours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

The election date will be Nov 3. This is based upon the bookings made with Australia Post for mass mailots by the coalition - including in Bennelong. The Coalition recently cancelled their November mailouts and have maintained October ones.

For years, Andrew Johns has been a regular at his racing mate's "finest short stay boutique hotel" in Sydney's Camperdown. Regular group bookings for NRL players are commonplace - same go's for the jockeys - they like to book out the whole top floor. I know this because my ex girlfriend worked there and has shagged them all!

Everyone has known about Joey forever. There has been a complete ban by both taxis and hirecars in Newcastle on picking up Joey for years. It was even hinted at a few years back in one of the Sunday paper which ran an article on the luckiest cabbie in Sydney - who was sent to Newy to pick Joey up for the Footy Show, but they didn't explain why he couldn't get in a Newcastle taxi. He has also been banned from over half the nightspots in Newcastle for more than five years.

Could it be that the one ecstacy tablet found on Joey Johns in London is a publicity stunt for the impending biography to be released in November. A "tell all" or a "furphy."

From the crikey website.

I have wondered about the publicity stunt angle with Joey's E. What are the chances of the London police finding a stray tablet in his pocket?

Regards the election date, I'm hearing from a current Federal MP in the Nats that December 8 is the most likely big day.

Wednesday September 5, 03:19 PM
Punters continue to back Nov 10 election

Punters continue to put their money on a November 10 federal election date, but the odds have also narrowed for a late October poll, Sportingbet Australia said.

One whopping bet of $100,000 was also put on Labor to win the election at odds of $1.48, it said.

Sportingbet Australia CEO Michael Sullivan says punters are convinced Australia is heading to the ballot boxes the Saturday after the Melbourne Cup, at odds of $4.00.

"November 10 is the date the punters have come for," Mr Sullivan said.

"A late October election is a distinct possibility too, which would schedule voting just before the Reserve Bank's (November) announcement about interest rates."

The Reserve Bank of Australia's November 6 meeting would be its first gathering after key inflation figures on October 24.

Odds on a October 27 poll are $4.25, having come in from $6.50 just over a week ago.

There has also been strong support for November 17, currently the third pick in the betting at a $4.50 chance.

"I'd say even the prime minister hasn't decided which date is best just yet, but the punters are confident," Mr Sullivan said.

Labor's odds to win the election have now narrowed to $1.45 since Wednesday morning's $100,000 bet.

The odds of John Howard and the coalition making it five straight terms are now a distant $2.70.

"The punters appear to have written Mr Howard off. A bet of $100,000 is as big as they come on elections and we're expecting more for the ALP in the lead-up to election day," Mr Sullivan said.

"It doesn't appear that APEC will give the PM the platform we were expecting for a smooth election campaign and yesterday's damning opinion polls have stimulated a wave of betting against him."

Tuesday's Newspoll put Labor well ahead at 59 per cent to 41 on a two-party preferred basis - easily enough for the opposition to win the 16 seats it needs to win office.

Sportingbet Australia Prices

October 13th 6.00
October 20th 4.75
October 27th 4.25
November 3rd 7.50
November 10th 4.00
November 17th 4.50
November 24th 6.50
December 1st 8.50
December 8th 11.00
December 15th 16.00
December 22nd 41.00
December 29th 26.00

Nov 3 sounds a good chance. Labor will still find it hard to win as swings on non marginal seats will be big. The incumbency and the large number of seats - 16 needed will make this one a close call.

The libs only need 48% of the two party vote to hold on as well. Currently they only have 41% though so they are miles behind.

So if the ALP is to win it will need to be in a landslide.

Two party preferred is just guess work. The most important figure is the Primary vote and on that score the Colonition are in deep.

Agreed but the point is that a lot of 'marginals' now have big buffer zones. There will need to be an extra big swing for these margins to be covered.

If the ALP gets 42-43% primary vote I dont see them losing. At the moment they are polling 46-50 so they are miles ahead.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6