Rumoured Signings 2008/2009

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I noticed in Big League last week that Cherry-Evans has made 5 40/20 kicks this season which I'm pretty sure would be the most in any grade. He definitely has the kicking and leadership skill, just needs to keep toughening up physically.

eagle_predator link said:
I heard that Joe Moon (Broncos), and Sia Soliola (Roosters) maybe both at the Sharks in 2009 ?.

Its a bit hard when Joel Moon has already signed with the Warriors for next year.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10517637
The Warriors continue to plunder the Broncos' top young talent with the signing of highly promising 20-year-old Joel Moon for next season, just a couple of weeks after snaring winger Denan Kemp.

Moon has been playing mainly in the centres but sees his future in the halves.

He scored a try for the Broncos last night in the win over the Tigers, having stepped into the halfback role.

There is talk Moon was the target of a number of clubs including St George-Illawarra, where Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett will be next year.

- NEWSTALK ZB

And Soliola is signed until the end of 2009 at the Roosters.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/movement/roosters.php

Hope that clears those two up.

Scuba link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=176969.msg188368#msg188368 date=1214896365]
I heard that Joe Moon (Broncos), and Sia Soliola (Roosters) maybe both at the Sharks in 2009 ?.

Its a bit hard when Joel Moon has already signed with the Warriors for next year.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10517637
The Warriors continue to plunder the Broncos' top young talent with the signing of highly promising 20-year-old Joel Moon for next season, just a couple of weeks after snaring winger Denan Kemp.

Moon has been playing mainly in the centres but sees his future in the halves.

He scored a try for the Broncos last night in the win over the Tigers, having stepped into the halfback role.

There is talk Moon was the target of a number of clubs including St George-Illawarra, where Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett will be next year.

- NEWSTALK ZB

And Soliola is signed until the end of 2009 at the Roosters.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/movement/roosters.php

Hope that clears those two up.
[/quote]

Thanks for the correction Scuba cheers mate.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Reports (weeping) from eels fans that we are chasing Trent Hodkinson, halfback from eels TC squad.

Hi all,

Not sure if it's general knowledge yet but trent Hodkinson has signed with Manly. I have seen this kid for a few years what a loss. More importantly Im sure Eels fans will be wondering how the hell Manly afford there kids.

also this

Trent Hokko To Manly
Guys my mail is very very good to say the least !!! - If its not true Ill never post again, Id put my house on it. Its a done deal

guys, can we keep this section to Manly signings!!! I'm not interested in other teams, I can look at them on league unlimited

I know I don't post much due to my lack of pc savvy  :-X but I check the site everyday and just thought you guys might find this interesting.

Elsewhere, Penrith are set to lose the fifth member of their 2003 premiership-winning side in the space of months, with back-rower Shane Rodney close to signing with Manly.

The Sea Eagles have offered Rodney a four-year deal - remarkable considering he has played just 16 matches in the past three seasons due to shoulder and neck problems.

Rodney attracted interest from the Bulldogs and St George Illawarra, who both offered three-year deals, but the extra season has swayed the 25-year-old. The deal is believed to be heavily back-ended, with Rodney earning most of his money in the third and fourth years.

hmmm I wonder why we would be interested in Rodney, especially for 4 years, he must be pushing on now?

Geyer on the Roast said that there is another high profile player there who wants out and will likely walk in the next few weeks. I wonder if it was Rodney or someone else. I have a feeling Petrol may be on the way out

Dan link said:
hmmm I wonder why we would be interested in Rodney, especially for 4 years, he must be pushing on now?

Geyer on the Roast said that there is another high profile player there who wants out and will likely walk in the next few weeks. I wonder if it was Rodney or someone else. I have a feeling Petrol may be on the way out

Rodney's  DOB 15/8/83 that makes him 25 this year

MG said that the big name that wanted out wasn't Pritchard, it was someone else

Not many big names in there, Sammut can't be classed as that, Lewis recommited to them so unlikely to be him, Puletua already leaving, Wesser leaving, Rooney leaving, doesn;t leave a lot of people it could be

Could be one of their younger stars - Jennings, Coote or Graham would all be massive losses. Petero as well. But that's pure speculation, I've got no reason to believe any of those four want out.

Just read on a Penrith forum that a bloke reckons that he spoke to Rodney who confirmed he is coming here for 4 years

Kiwi Eagle link said:
MG said that the big name that wanted out wasn't Pritchard, it was someone else

Not many big names in there, Sammut can't be classed as that, Lewis recommited to them so unlikely to be him, Puletua already leaving, Wesser leaving, Rooney leaving, doesn;t leave a lot of people it could be

I wouldn't classify Shane Rodney as a big name

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4