• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Probably crap and highly unlikely, but will share what I have heard from a bloke at work

Lowe is said to be targeting Kevin Locke from the Warriors. I can't see him leaving Auckland, but would be a massive signing if true, the kid has freakish ability, has only played wing in the NRL so far, but fullback is his position and he is said to be pushing McKinnon out of the side this season. The interesting part is Lowe has been on record for 2 years saying he would throw him into the halves because he would be dynamic there

If Lowe is indeed going after him, then that could add to the rumours that Foran is gone and we would be looking at him as a half

Good to get on the front foot in looking for talent.  Is this a tick for Lowe?  Looking to NZ is not such a bad thing.  Better Locke than Pearce.     

Mata, I've also heard that rumour about Rennie. Apparently he's been training the house down and is exected to turn out for the Sunshine Coast this season. Keep it under wraps though, don't want to put too much pressure on the kid.

From the little I've seen, Locke is at least as good as Foran and probably better (can also kick goals I think). Nice rumour.......

If Lowe is getting into recruitment what does Crusher think about this?  He also talked up Kevin Iro in his time as coach........

i like how people want to bag lowes time as coach.
Manly had a shocking year in 89 under Thompson how came in and bought players like ridge, roberts and bella and saw us become a force again yea 92 was ordinary but in 90 and 91 under lowe we were a really good side.

It was only the rd 21 season ending injuries to Roberts and Hasler that stop us from having a serious shot at the title in 91

At the time I thought Alan Thompson was white anted by Daley and Fulton.  Thompson had a brain and was a terrific 5/8th.

Canteen, I just didn't think he was given a fair go.  To many fingers in the pie at that time.  And besides, Fittler has the brain of a cow.

Canteen Worker link said:
Many a good player is not a good coach. Brad Fittler is an example.

I always thought that he was over rated as a player as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2