Rugby clubs throw millions at Inglis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Courier Mail – January 23, 2015

South Sydney superstar Greg Inglis has been tabled two multi-million dollar European rugby deals to join powerful English club Bath and French Top 14 outfit Toulon at the end of the NRL season.
Despite being under contract until the end of 2017 with premiers South Sydney, the cashed-up European clubs have thrown the cheque book at the champion NRL fullback.
As the saying goes, money talks all languages.
But as tempting as the offers were, Sport Confidential has been told Inglis loves life with his young family in Sydney and has issued a firm thanks, but no thanks.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-clubs-throw-millions-at-inglis-16216/#ixzz3PbLYrIQK

RU couldn't offer Greg any more than Russ can. Hollywood stars, holidays, brown paper bags...

The last thing I listed is a huge assumption on my part and my part alone. ;)

Cant spend those thousands worth of Harvey Norman vouchers over there. They do have Harvey Norman in Ireland though. Maybe he is going to Leinster with Teo.

Funny how the Tele just says he isn't leaving and is happy so don't worry. Yet Brett Stewart who is also under contract to the same time, was a done deal with Canberra and was reportedly training at Bruce Stadium, without even asking for a release.

The position of 'captain' has just been diminished by that appointment I feel.

Watch the NRL bend over backwards and give Souths extra cap room because he's supposedly had offers from french rugby clubs.

Why don't we tell the NRL that DCE and Foran have also been offered big dollars from rugby?

Could just be his manager trying to get the NRL to foot a chunk of his contract outside of soufs salaray cap.

TBH he would kill it in rugby at outside centre, plenty of rest breaks and league players defence is much better than union.

This is my issue with David Smiths 'discretionary powers' to get or keep superstars. This is a prime example where you can see it could be used.

And unfortunately abused.

I said originally when all of this talk of discretionary power started that if I was DCE's manager I would be drumming up interest from Japanese or French Rugby (don't tell me they wouldn't be interested) and get a multimillion dollar offer, then get the NRL to step in and use 'the power'.

Sure this is about as cynical as it gets, but given the media job managers do at the moment to get their clients top dollar, I don't think this is unrealistic where managers have the star players like Inglis, DCE, Smith. Hayne etc. (please note these are the players I believe the NRL see as the top and also the faces of the game....or were in Haynes case)

Watch the NRL bend over backwards and give Souths extra cap room because he's supposedly had offers from french rugby clubs.

Why don't we tell the NRL that DCE and Foran have also been offered big dollars from rugby?

Because the NRL are too busy organising money for dce to help him move from Manly to the titans.

Greg is about the cash and always has been. He will go to french rugby, if he does go. I hope he does. Love to see the wallabies change their selection policy and select him to play for them from the french comp. He'd kill it at outside centre, as already said

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4