1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rudd pledges $20 million for Souffs centre of excellence

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Peter C, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +741 / 16
    Just heard on the radio that Rudd has pledged $20 million for a centre of excellence for Souths at Maroubra.
    FMD, they spent $20 million on Redfern Oval, but apparently that's not suitable for them now.
    We are given a paltry $10 million and that makes front page news,it was just a publicity stunt, Bulldogs were probably given twice as much just for a training facility and it didn't even make the news.

2. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    RE: Rudd pledges $20 million for Souffs center of excellence

Wow what a joke. Why do they need to fund a centre of excellence? Brookie needs an upgrade more than a centre of excellence for lol@Souffs.

They are not even excellent.

3. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 35

We already have our centre of excellence - Jamie Lyon :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32

Parliament House, The Centre Of Bull****.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Dear old Uncle Albo was interviewed by Grant Goldman this morning and explained that the $20-M was not to Souffs but "to the community".
    He said all the politically correct things about Manly, but didn't explain why the pledge to redevelop Brookie was only $10m when at least $30m is needed.

6. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Let's please keep this thread on topic and not a political slanging match. :)

7. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    I'm curious about the origin of the expression 'slanging match'. Is it slang for bun fight?

8. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Actually we have 3

9. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Rudd obviously hates us because he is an idiotic, redneck, inbred, six toed Queenslander! WHO'S WITH ME??

10. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +741 / 16
    Of course he's going to say that's it's for the community, we didn't expect him to say " I'm handing over $20 million to two very wealthy men, for their football teams facilities, they won't be used by the public at all, did I forget to mention that I'm a long time Souffs supporter who has just been made a life member".

11. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,073 / 26
    Interesting.........I didn't know the opposition could pledge funds.

12. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Don't think for one minute I'm defending Albo, the people's friend. He did say he was a Souffs support and corrected Goldie about the venue for the upcoming Manly-Souffs clash. What Albo is is a very clever politician. He was not blessed with looks nor a good speaking voice but he has rat cunning. Every time the Labor Party feels the heat he brings up the red herring about a second Sydney airport. It's been a topic for 60 years and will still be raised in 60 years time.