Rudd pledges $20 million for Souffs centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
Just heard on the radio that Rudd has pledged $20 million for a centre of excellence for Souths at Maroubra.
FMD, they spent $20 million on Redfern Oval, but apparently that's not suitable for them now.
We are given a paltry $10 million and that makes front page news,it was just a publicity stunt, Bulldogs were probably given twice as much just for a training facility and it didn't even make the news.

RE: Rudd pledges $20 million for Souffs center of excellence

Wow what a joke. Why do they need to fund a centre of excellence? Brookie needs an upgrade more than a centre of excellence for lol@Souffs.

They are not even excellent.

RE: Rudd pledges $20 million for Souffs center of excellence

We already have our centre of excellence - Jamie Lyon :)

Dear old Uncle Albo was interviewed by Grant Goldman this morning and explained that the $20-M was not to Souffs but "to the community".
He said all the politically correct things about Manly, but didn't explain why the pledge to redevelop Brookie was only $10m when at least $30m is needed.

Let's please keep this thread on topic and not a political slanging match. :)

I'm curious about the origin of the expression 'slanging match'. Is it slang for bun fight?

Rudd obviously hates us because he is an idiotic, redneck, inbred, six toed Queenslander! WHO'S WITH ME??

The Who said:
Dear old Uncle Albo was interviewed by Grant Goldman this morning and explained that the $20-M was not to Souffs but "to the community".
He said all the politically correct things about Manly, but didn't explain why the pledge to redevelop Brookie was only $10m when at least $30m is needed.
Of course he's going to say that's it's for the community, we didn't expect him to say " I'm handing over $20 million to two very wealthy men, for their football teams facilities, they won't be used by the public at all, did I forget to mention that I'm a long time Souffs supporter who has just been made a life member".

Interesting.........I didn't know the opposition could pledge funds.

Peter C said:
The Who said:
Of course he's going to say that's it's for the community, we didn't expect him to say " I'm handing over $20 million to two very wealthy men, for their football teams facilities, they won't be used by the public at all, did I forget to mention that I'm a long time Souffs supporter who has just been made a life member".
Don't think for one minute I'm defending Albo, the people's friend. He did say he was a Souffs support and corrected Goldie about the venue for the upcoming Manly-Souffs clash. What Albo is is a very clever politician. He was not blessed with looks nor a good speaking voice but he has rat cunning. Every time the Labor Party feels the heat he brings up the red herring about a second Sydney airport. It's been a topic for 60 years and will still be raised in 60 years time.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2