Rudd Pledges $10 million for Brookvale Upgrade.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How about the scheduling problems already being experienced with 'the main stadiums' just how is that going to improve by forcing all the Sydney teams to play most of their games out of already booked stadiums. the anz stadium double booking is a prime example of a dud plan by the idiot in charge of the stadium policy and proves that grounds like Brookie are necessary in Sydney

So, if Rudd gives 10 mill , regardless of outcome, why doesnt Tony match it or better it, and then we are well on our way to the 30 mill required...state govt / council any hope ?? maybe the builder may choose to cough up the cash , with naming rights for a period of 5 years ?/

CAMBO said:
cherry_poppins said:
Good

I could never in good conscious vote for an imbecile the ilk of Tony Abbott,his plan for an NBN is idiotic and just a waste,i would NEVER EVER use f**king Wifi internet as it doesnt nearly fill my requirements of STABLE internet

Anyone who NEEDS a stable connection for working through to gaming would never use WIFI if making an educated decision

WIFI is the Bear Grylls of internet connections,instead of drinking its own urine however it disconnects when X happens
Kudos to you for another post that totally lacks logic or any sort of analytical thought.
It's people like yourself that have kept these economical illiterate clowns in power for the last 6 distructive years.

How does it have no logic? Because it doesnt agree with you hard right rob the poor to give to the rich ways?

Without quoting the DT tell me how we have had 6 destructive years? Was it:
A. Having the number 1 economy in the western world post GFC up from number 6 prior when things were easy
B. Having record low unemployment
C. Having record low interest rates
D. Having the 3rd lowest debt of any developed country

Not sure how any of you Abbort likers can be posting voting on policies, he has none.

SeaEagle21 said:
I heard David Perry on the Big Sports Breakfast yesterday morning saying that they expected an announcement on the $10M funding in the near future. Didn't realise it would be as soon as today. He said the main aim was to increase the membership sales and in order to do that would be to add more undercover seats. $10M is no where near enough to fix all the issues but if you can increase membership by another 4K then it is a step in the right direction for the club. Wet Weather has a big effect on the attendance = drop in revenue so they have highlighted the extra undercover seats as a priority even though short term. But i have heard all this stuff before so until it's built it's just talk...

I understand the need for extra undercover seating, so why not an extra deck or two on the existing stands? We may be able to achieve that for $10-m rather than waiting to be funded $30-M for a large eastern grandstand.

Hamster Huey said:
It's the use of terms like 'redneck', simply because you don't agree with what a large chunk of people vote for, that gets my goat. It's like the Right calling opposition voters 'leftard'.

We are a great country because we grew up without getting personal about the opinions of others. How does not wanting an ETS make somebody a 'redneck'? How does wanting to find a more compassionate way to process those claiming asylum make you a 'leftard'.

Labelling, all the way up the pole to senior MPs from both sides, is why politics has become poisoned and the crux of details are ignored during debate.

My apologies for the use of the term "redneck". Although it seems appropriate for a lot of people I've argued with on this topic (not on this forum) - it's not smart for me to generalise.

Other than that I stick with what I said. That goat you talk of - I thought Des took it with him when he left.

The Who said:
Frank said:
The Who said:
Frank said:
cherry_poppins said:
LOL@The terrorgraph,preaching to the dumb to oust labor whilst no worthy successor is running the other team

I guess Liberals are their target audience,I'll vote labor til Abbott is removed as head of liberal,if i had to i'd have re elected Gillard before putting an imbecile in control of my country,she was terrible but she had a brain

I agree about Abbott. Have never voted Liberal but would do so if Turnbull was in charge. He seems to be about the only politician I have any respect for.

Don't you realise that you are NOT voting for a person, you are voting for a party, unless you are in Rudd or Abbott's electorate! Forget the figureheads - look at the party policies. We have gone done the US route of voting in a media performer/actor rather than a party that will govern professionally.

Of course I realise I'm voting for a party. I just don't want to vote for a party lead by Abbott. I don't believe a party lead by Abbott would govern professionally.

Obviously I have a different opinion on Turnbull.

It would be the same party under Turnbull. The leader is just a figurehead.

You're not very politically savvy are you? I am having been involved in various occupations and associated functions with political involvement.

Of course a leader has a strong influence on policy. What have we just been witnessing with Rudd and Gillard. The leader of a party affects the tone of party politics. They are supported within by those who got them into power. Political parties have many power blocks and each are vying for their representative to hold power. Abbott is right wing and he has supporters on the right and extreme right and I suggest you check what that means before you vote for him. He is even further right than Howard. Turnbull represents the centre right factions often called small liberals. His policies seem closer to Labor policies because they are.

The equal example were the Labor governments in NSW over the past decade. They were 'right' wing and had little difference with Liberal policies. In fact the present NSW Liberal Party is probably in many way more to the left than the Labor party was before it was expelled. Now that they have been defeated, many of the centre left are now in power in NSW Labor.

Julia Gillard was more left than most of Labor's previous PMs. She was a reformer and did a surprisingly lot of positive things while in office, forcing through necessary changes affecting the disadvantaged in this country. But she was politically naive and didnt know how to sell herself. Rudd on the other hand is a fine public speaker who can out debate anyone but Turnbull in the Liberals. But his policies were too often with foundations of sand despite their positive intent. Besides that he is a bully. He has a different agenda to Julia and only got the job because people are enamoured by his talk and ill considered thoughts of fair play.

If Rudd loses Shorten will take over just as Turnbull will take over if Abbott loses. And again the policies will change in both parties because a new 'figurehead' with their supporters will be in power.

Hamster Huey said:
It's the use of terms like 'redneck', simply because you don't agree with what a large chunk of people vote for, that gets my goat. It's like the Right calling opposition voters 'leftard'.

We are a great country because we grew up without getting personal about the opinions of others. How does not wanting an ETS make somebody a 'redneck'? How does wanting to find a more compassionate way to process those claiming asylum make you a 'leftard'.

Labelling, all the way up the pole to senior MPs from both sides, is why politics has become poisoned and the crux of details are ignored during debate.

I am surprised that you are offended by the term redneck HH when you have previously posted things like:

The NT NEWS!!! It's influence is limited to barely 100,000 and their abilities to tell the truth always questioned. It is a hick paper in a hick town read by hick readers.

I am struggling to find the difference TBH.

mickqld said:
Ohhh good, a political discussion..... Goodbye. :)
Lol Mick. As Adam Hills said, I don't care if Kevin Abbott or Tony Rudd wins the election.
Wherever any money for Brookie comes from it's good news for the Sea Eagles.

The Who said:
SeaEagle21 said:
I heard David Perry on the Big Sports Breakfast yesterday morning saying that they expected an announcement on the $10M funding in the near future. Didn't realise it would be as soon as today. He said the main aim was to increase the membership sales and in order to do that would be to add more undercover seats. $10M is no where near enough to fix all the issues but if you can increase membership by another 4K then it is a step in the right direction for the club. Wet Weather has a big effect on the attendance = drop in revenue so they have highlighted the extra undercover seats as a priority even though short term. But i have heard all this stuff before so until it's built it's just talk...

I understand the need for extra undercover seating, so why not an extra deck or two on the existing stands? We may be able to achieve that for $10-m rather than waiting to be funded $30-M for a large eastern grandstand.

I may be wrong but I would think that building an extra tier on the Jane try stand would be just as expensive given the shape it's currently in...

Money attracts money. In my line of work I allocate grants and once one tier of gov puts $$ in the others usually follow. No one wants to be first, but no one wants to miss out on the glory either. Now that Commonwealth has pledged, look for NSW Gov and the council and private partners to follow. Councils can get interest free loans these days too via this fund - Warringah would be mad to let their asset fade any more than they already have. C'mon Warringah, easy money available!
http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/dlg_generalindex.asp?sectionid=1&mi=6&ml=22&AreaIndex=LIRS

Dave Perry mentioned St. Augustines School getting involved so they might cough up some more money to help fund it.

It shouldn't be up to a federal government to fund a local council operated building. Funding should be primarily coming from the council and state governments, but there is clearly going to be none of that anytime soon. I will happily take the $10m thank you very much.

MWSE I am sure Baird was saying there will be money (without saying how much) coming if he was in power just prior to the next election so hopefully Shoe1 is right and this is the kick up the butt he needs to remember that.

It mentions building on the eastern hill, does anyone know what it will look like or is this the plan that Warringah Council bandied about a few years ago?

I think this thread has gone off topic. Just call me captain obvious?

BTW Who gives a flying f... where the money's coming from. 10mil will help.

swoop said:
I think this thread has gone off topic. Just call me captain obvious?

BTW Who gives a flying f... where the money's coming from. 10mil will help.

Well said Swoop. If it means we are staying at Brookie, nothing else matters. Finally, we get more funds and they are going to uograde. Great news no matter what.

Daddycool08 said:
Both sides seem to use the truth with great economy.

There will be no carbon tax.

And for the other side, GST is dead and buried as a political issue. Do you remember who said that? It was Lazarus with a triple by-pass.

The big difference is that Lazarus went to an election before he brought the GST in. He gave the people the opportunity to judge him on his backflip. The people didn't like the GST and he suffered a swing against him, but in the end the people didn't think it was bad enough to see him lose government.

Julia on the other hand simply broke her promise so she could cling on to power arising from an election that she didn't even win. It didn't matter what the people thought about it because they didn't get the chance to judge her at an election. And they never will thanks to Labor's revolving door leader policy, which enjoyed enormous success over the Obeid years and is now the means by which Labor runs the country.

p.s. I don't know why you call him Lazarus. I think Kim Beazley looked more like Glenn Lazarus than Johnny.... :p

Daddycool08 said:
And to Abbott was your last promise to refit Brookvale to the tune of $29 or $30 million in 2007. was it a 'core' or a 'non-core' promise.

I guess we'll never know because the majority of voters were in love with Kevin 07 at that time. Back then it seemed everybody loved Kevin. Now it's more like everybody loves Kevin except for anyone who has met him. Oddly he remains popular with the electorate even though his own party despises him. To me it doesn't seem to be a very strong foundation for a good government though. Surely even the most devout of Labor followers must be at least slightly concerned about that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6