Rudd Pledges $10 million for Brookvale Upgrade.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Volley said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
LOL Rudd follows me on twitter
i Sent a this tweet to Abbott 22 hours ago

Hey @TonyAbbottMHR if you promise to upgrade @manlyseaeagles homeground Brookie oval that will get you a lot of votes #OutwithLabor

Well with an average crowd figure of 16k at Brookie (give or take a couple of k), I don't think Tone will be too worried about this pledge. Tone could say he's going to tear Brookie down and replace it with a Church or two and he'd probably increase his majority.
What you talkin bout willis? Brookvale is a church for the brothers and sisters of sea eaglism :)

We need about double that and more given contractors charge like wounded bulls.
Abbott needs to step up today if his is gair dinkum rudd all bells and whistles.

I know 10 mil might not go too far these days, but a bit of a tidy up around the ground would be great. (If it ever happens)

If only they spent it on some bigger speakers, and a subwoofer, to blast out Eagle Rock a bit louder!

I reckon $15M would do a great job.

Parra Stadium got $20M just to add an extra 3,000 seats and 1 corporate facility. Waste of money right there.

Oneyeagle said:
Ha. I wouldn't believe anything K Rudd said. His an opportunist. He has nothing to gain giving money to a blue ribbon Liberal Electorate.

What polies arn't opportunist?

I wouldn't think either party could be relied on to deliver this.

Manly should ask for it in their bank account before the election!

tomorrow shall be fine.

But as someone else said.

Even if the money is there....what's the damn plan manly council??

Is Rudd going to turn brookvale oval into a detention centre? At least it would increase our average crowd figures.

As Abbott is going to roll back the carbon tax, mining tax, FBT changes and give everyone a tax cut he won't have any money to give to brookie oval.

globaleagle said:
I wouldn't think either party could be relied on to deliver this.

Manly should ask for it in their bank account before the election!

tomorrow shall be fine.

But as someone else said.

Even if the money is there....what's the damn plan manly council??

It's Warringah Council you have to worry about GE. Manly Council would spend the money on Manly Oval...

Rudd can promise what he likes because he's not going to win. And even if he did, he'd backflip like a gymnast before he wasted money in a Liberal seat.

He is a fool of the highest order.

Amazing that Brookie is seen as such a carrot :)

Must have made Greenturd's day to see the elevation of Manly Fans' comfort to National import :p

bones said:
Rudd could promise Brookie $100mil, and my vote would still go to the Libs.
If Rudd gets in we will all lose our jobs and have no money to attend games at Brookie . Rudd and the Red head have made a mockery of the Labor Party and our economy .
Uncle Abbott will look after us feathered friends :D

Good

I could never in good conscious vote for an imbecile the ilk of Tony Abbott,his plan for an NBN is idiotic and just a waste,i would NEVER EVER use ****ing Wifi internet as it doesnt nearly fill my requirements of STABLE internet

Anyone who NEEDS a stable connection for working through to gaming would never use WIFI if making an educated decision

WIFI is the Bear Grylls of internet connections,instead of drinking its own urine however it disconnects when X happens

How can any politician deliver on a promise if they are not in government? It's yet another hollow promise.
If the Labor government is serious then use the $10-m now, before the election.
Funny how this promise comes just before an election when they have had six years doing nothing for Brookvale.

WESTIE said:
If the Labor promise is correct , and is NOT dependant on them winning government, does this now mean Albanese's ar$e doesn't point down anymore ???
Albanese is trying to save his fat ass by making false promises . He has no chance of getting Labor to win the election . If Labor wins the election I will run naked on Brookvale oval balls and all !!! :p

LOL@The terrorgraph,preaching to the dumb to oust labor whilst no worthy successor is running the other team

I guess Liberals are their target audience,I'll vote labor til Abbott is removed as head of liberal,if i had to i'd have re elected Gillard before putting an imbecile in control of my country,she was terrible but she had a brain

cherry_poppins said:
LOL@The terrorgraph,preaching to the dumb to oust labor whilst no worthy successor is running the other team

I guess Liberals are their target audience,I'll vote labor til Abbott is removed as head of liberal,if i had to i'd have re elected Gillard before putting an imbecile in control of my country,she was terrible but she had a brain

I agree about Abbott. Have never voted Liberal but would do so if Turnbull was in charge. He seems to be about the only politician I have any respect for.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6