• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pete, I thought your post was a classic. I enjoy waiting for your alternate views on our alternate view site :)

Don't worry about Dan (it's that time of the month for him) ;)

This site has never been about conformity and posters should feel happy to disagree.

Thing about here is that whingeing is permiitted but please don't colour the whole site or categorise every poster as being the same. I often disagree with others (as seen in this thread) but respect peoples right to opinion. Pete's post does sound annoyed in this case. I have no problem with that and would be disappointed if your contribution was to end - however that is your right.

I have no problems with people out west.

My girlfriend is from Liverpool. My post as you will notice takes no sdes, and has nothing to do with whether I like roy masters. You may call me a bigot if you wish. However my post was simply pointing out that you take every opportunity to disagree to any little trivial thing you can. On would think you would relax more. I would also think that if you were in such disagreemnt with everything, you would not enjoy posting here.

In other words all you do is post to disagree or be-little other posters, its fairly transparent mate.
I dont need conformity either. But put simply I wonder why you bother when all you do is disagree. I have yet to see a post that I can remember where you simply put in your 2 cents, or even put in your 2 cents in a positive way.

Just because you are sticking up for someone does not mean that you are being positive.
Now run a long you are displaying a lot of the characteristics i hav described of others in another post!

Also your last post shows how very little you understand. Through all your wordiness, you have show you have the comprehension skills of 2 other noted posters of this site

:blah: :bdh: :stupid: :blaugh:

yeah byso well done. Pete actually needed to read that mate.

The first post was referencing the rockers the second was refernceing you. Well done looks like you have been trying to learn some new skills. If only Pete can learn them now. He seems to think that every response, is about the thread he comes up with rather than some being a comment on just their posts or attitude displyed within!

allgold-figjam_175_114.jpeg

Don't stress Dan, it's only a website ;)

Pete,
Masters started the rubbish and continued on with it for years and then into decades. Some folks like the thought that we are THE hated team of comp, the old every fan supports two teams each weekend etc :blah: :blah:, however the whole issue firstly blown up by a desperate coach and then a hack attempting to live on an aging byline just leaves me cold. Stuff him.

should get a can of peaches for youhuh byso.

BEing called a Bigot and unjustly is far worst than anything you have been called on here! Pete is close to insighting a war!

In no place did i represent any remarks that would label me a Bigot....I expect a retraction!

yes he has a right to disagree but his manner in the original was the same as usual and playing the man in sense

Im sure Corso sees himself as a freedom fighter for the cause.
It must suck being holed up in those caves in Afganistan,with nothing
but a video camera & AK47 to keep you company.Sooner or later a
bunker buster will get him & then we wont hear his constant dribble..

Why the antagonism towards Masters? I am obviously missing the point. I find Masters to be an above average journalist and commentator. Surely the anti Masters feelings here cannot be attributed towards his comments about Manly. He is a journalist and is expected to have a view, you don’t have to agree with his comments but they hardly makes him public enemy number one.

This very internet site owes its name to Masters. He christened Manly “The Silvertails” and his battling Magpies “The Fibro’s” We loved it, as a Northern Beaches resident we knew we were superior to those battlers in the Western Suburbs that sprawled further than any self respecting Northern Beaches boy would ever dare venture. Masters just brought the worlds attention to it.

We knew of these “Fibro’s” we just called them Westies though. They spewed off the Manly Ferry every Sunday in their flannelette shirts (even in summer) and the chicks that they dragged along simply lacked the class of our Northern Beaches girls. The only time I ever ventured to these “Western Suburbs” was the occasional trip to Canberra. As we passed through suburbs like Wentworthville and Liverpool I was astounded by the poor quality of the housing and the shapeless blocks of 4 storey flats. It was only then that I truly understood the difference between living on the beaches and the ugly sprawl of this \"fibro country\"

It amazes that the supposed “intelligent” Manly Supporters site can be critical of journalist simply because of a perceived bias against Manly. In fairness there is some support of Masters in this thread, I admit that I not the sharpest tool in the shed, but the criticisms of Masters, and at times other journalists, on this and others forums for no other reason other than their article did not support Manly simply pisses me off.

Wow Never expected such a Derogatory Post Like that From you Pete , one hopes you are only taking the Piss ,
but then again after my Visit to Gosford last week , Looks like all the So Called Westies have moved to the Central Coast ;)

The bottom line with this heated spat is at least we are talking about football instead of some little catfight about who is the Truest supporter!!!

Talk the footy, agree to disagree and on Monday hopefully there will lots to discuss as related to OUR team!!!

Yeha but dont unjustly call people bigots because you didnt understand the post or know a way to deal with it.

pete shows him self as more and more the fool who is a the proud owner of a dictionary!

lol fluff. it is actually quite telling. He has herd the word lately and been dying for a chance to use it. It may have served him better to read and understand the post first!

Cmon guys - don't take it too seriously and don't play the man and not the ball.

Pete's post seems out of character to me (in its tone) but I enjoy what he has to say.

Some here need to take our own advice - have fun, don't take anything too seriously and lighten up. All are entitled to opinions!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6