1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Master's Commission

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DSM5, Dec 4, 2010.

1. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Have a laugh at this old fuquit's choices in today's Herald.  All old geezers, no women, no youth and most of them are inelligible to stand.  He's a complete idiot.     

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Likes a tipple old Roy, maybe had one too many before he penned his article.

3. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I think a few of us should put our hands up for the Commission - e could hardly be worse than most of the hysterical old queens and trollops that have been mooted.

Manly's nomination was a good one, though apparently he is ineligible.  Geoff Bellew.

4. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Got to ask who has he nominated?

5. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Did he nominate you, DSM ?

6. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    MICHAEL SEARLE, the architect of rugby league's independent commission - of which the constitution is expected to be signed off on on Tuesday - said it was impossible to grant NRL board director Katie Page an exemption to include her as one of the code's eight commissioners.

more @ http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ic-reception-page-excluded-20101204-18knh.html

A PROFESSIONAL recruitment firm will become involved in the selection of candidates for rugby league's inaugural independent commission, NRL clubs were told at this week's conference in Byron Bay.

more, including some big names to be excluded @ http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/outside-help-for-arl-on-new-role-call-20101203-18jsw.html

Unfortunately I can't find Roy's list online to put up.

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    My old Year 7 Geography teacher has finally shown that it is time for him to retire. Good coach in his day but we need visionaries, not dinosaurs for the future development of this game.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Roy's list

Barry O'Brien - Media buyer, endorsed by Canterbury
    John Brown - ex desk rooting federal Minister for Sport
    John Quayle - ex RL administrator
    Mark Coyne - ex NRMA, current director of NSW PCYC
    Geoff Bellew - our candidate
    Kevin Neil - ex Raiders CEO
    Ron McNeily- Blue Scope Steel executive
    Alan Jones - public toilet frequenter
    Geoff Dixon - ex Qantas boss
    Don Argus - ex NAB and BHP Billiton exec
    Gary Pemberton - ex Qantas, TAB and Brambles
    Gail Kelly - number one Dragon Lady
    Tony Joseph - Chairman of Brisbane Markets
    John Fahey - ex Premier, current WADA boss
    John Grant - ex rep player and successful IT businessman
    Adrian Bouris - brother of Mark. B(W)anker / Lawyer

9. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    It says it all that Michael Searle is seen as a certainty.  This is the clown who has overseen a building debacle on the GC with their academy that is stalled and has cost the Titans millions.  I am so tired of the game being weighed down by the dead weight of RL dinosaurs. 

10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Sorry Matabele but how is Searle a certainty?  I would have thought he would be inelgible for numerous reasons?  I can't stand the bloke to be honest and think his main interest in pushing for the IC is because he thinks it will mean more money for the clubs, thats not a bad thing, but he is also one of the Titans main shareholders so he is the defintion of a conflict of interests.

11. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Sorry Matabele but how is Searle a certainty?  I would have thought he would be inelgible for numerous reasons?  I can't stand the bloke to be honest and think his main interest in pushing for the IC is because he thinks it will mean more money for the clubs, thats not a bad thing, but he is also one of the Titans main shareholders so he is the defintion of a conflict of interests.
    [/quote]

Searle would be ineligible,some people just pop up to talk about things they know little about

12. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    I though Roy Masters would have been fossilised by now.

13. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Whatever he is drinking apparently has preservative Qualities :)

14. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    hmmm, me thinks he's into the SangSom (Thai Whisky) that comes with an extra dash of formaldehyde included in the bottle :)