Rovelli to join Cowboys = so much for Travis Burns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
Rovelli to join Cowboys
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24745165-5006066,00.html

NORTH Queensland have signed New Zealand Warriors halfback Grant Rovelli for the next two NRL seasons.
Rovelli fell out of favour with the Warriors this year and, with the club recruiting Stacey Jones and Joel Moon for 2009, he faced a season in reserve grade.

But the Cowboys on Wednesday snapped up the Mackay-born player as an extra attacking option in the halves.

"Grant will give us the depth in the halves we have been looking for,'' Cowboys general manager of football Dean Lance said. "After playing in the last two finals series for the Warriors we have no doubt he will be an asset for us.

"We are delighted to have a North Queensland junior returning home.''
Ha so if they just bought roveli then travis burns whom everyone was up in arms about the loss of him is now where? reserve grade lol or at most on the bench, i find it midly amusing that he left becasue he went looking for a permanent position, in the starting team & in the halves. Now that looks highly unlikly in such a poor perofming team last year.

I admit I was one of those who wanted Burns to get more playing time when he was here and was sad to see him goto the cowgirls, HOW WRONG I WAS!

Yeah doesnt look good for Travis - I have to admit I would have preferred him to be here this year instead of Jeff Robson. 

Travis had plenty of ticker but not much else. I wasn't one that was sad to see him go. The sooner he moves to hooker the sooner he may find a niche of some sorts.

Travis gave away too many penalties, a behaviour he took to the Cowgirls.  And he certainly wasn't worth the money he demanded.  Wolfy should take Rex's warning.

I can see an issue looming for Wolfman and that he starting believing all the publicity around him whether he stays at Manly or not.

The anals of sporting history are full of 'has been wantabees' who have read too many newspapers

Burns and Thurston are not very big fans of each other, Burns never stood a chance once the club sacred cow and golden boy decided to turn against him.

I still think he is a decent player, just went to the wrong culture

Burn's was a tackling machine. I watched him from behind the goalposts against the Titans and he could twist and tackle in one motion. He always struck me as getting flustered when in attack and rushed with some poor options. Then there were the hot-head brain explosions and despite being a fan from when he first arrived I was well over that by the time he left. I only saw one good game from him for Nth Qld this year. They are a team struggling and Wolfie had better think again if he sees them as a stepping stone to anywhere but anonimity.

Are we all coming down of Wolfie a little too quickly perhaps?  Apart from him wanting 200K for sitting on the wing, has he done anything else to incur the ire of us all?  What indication, apart from a bit of lairy stuff, has he given to have us suspect him of ulterior motives..... like leaving?

The Wheel link said:
The anals of sporting history are full of 'has been wantabees' who have read too many newspapers

I have heard that you are an expert in all things anals.  Maybe Manly should just sign players who can't read?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6