Round One news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Our Sunday papers have a fair bit of information on Canberra in them for some reason.

Seems as though they've been hammered with injury already. Kris Kahler went in for an operation last week and won't be seen for the first six weeks of the season. One of their other backrowers (can't remember which one) is also cactus for several weeks.

Essentially they are threadbare in the backrow department and they've also lost O'Hara and Cross up front. There is talk that they're going to sign Manu for cover.

I'd reckon we'd have to be looking at beating this mob convincingly if we're to be taken seriously this year. Complacency won't be an option though - Canberra always start the season before fading away.

Canberra for the wooden spoon this year. Manly to win Round One by 20+.

We generally start the season well also, I very confidnet about this game especially playing at home.

Jason Smith is their key control him and they are gooorrrnnne.

I tipped Canberra for the wooden spoon long before the last season finished. Which is a shame really. Canberra are one of those clubs who don't really get up any ones nose. The poor buggers just don't have much of a playing roster. There are plenty of other teams i would rather see get the spoon than the raiders.

Who can forget how Beaver battered Smith at Brookvale last year?

I'd love to see the Raiders with the spoon. 3 years of life in Canberra gave me a sneering disdain for the green machine.

Who can forget how Beaver battered Smith at Brookvale last year?

I'd love to see the Raiders with the spoon. 3 years of life in Canberra gave me a sneering disdain for the green machine.

I live in Canberra. I absolutly hate with a passion the green machine. I loved it when we beat them down here last year, especially bagging my sisters fiance who supports them.

Manly arent playing down here this year. Where is that crying smilie? One less time I will get to see us play.

I don't think we should underestimate them. Remember, they tend to start well too. I just don't want to see us throwing it around wildly too soon in the game. They must dominate up front first.

I'm with Mata and Ads. I was in Canberra for fours years and the Raiders were tools who thought they ran the town. You should've seen some of their form at the nightclubs I worked at- some of the most well know players are the most poorly behaved! There was one guy (who is still kicking around now) who was in blues most weeks (which he started) they weren't putting them in the paper because they were a protected species back then. By the way these fights weren't provoked - usually just because someone looked twice at them or they wanted to show how tough they were. I'd be happy to see the Raiders loose every game :)

dont forget ,alot of pundits tipped the tigers for the spoon last year pre-season..

yep a fair bit- box head was a bit of a tool but had nothing on the likes of toots, a lanky fullback, a big centre, a cocky halfback and a few nevilles who thought they were somebody...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2