Round 7 Late Mail - Brett out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan said:
Garts said:
Mini was not as effective on the wing, he ended up back there anyway. From memory he was moved to the Wing as the super coach thought Carney would thrive there. Complete waste playing Stewart on the wing. He is a world class fullback so he should play there.

So was Mini, and I'm sure he wasn't put there, as that would be where he was most effective. He was put there to get game time, and games under his belt without breaking down.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Don't you guys want to be assured Brett will be around for a long time? We won't have other fullback options after this season, so we need to ensure his health.

Minichiello started his NRL career as a winger. Played 2 or 3 seasons there before being moved to fullback. Bit different to Brett who has always been a fullback.

Darren said:
or playing 5 minutes and limping off,
a question to all those hounds, if Brett is injury plagued in 2011 (his 3rd year in a row) what would you do about his heavily loaded 400 k contract? Sensible discussion, not theatrics and abuse please. The highest paid player not performing for 3 seasons. What does Lowey and Des do for the future? And b4 people jump down my throat for asking a question which I am sure Lowey and Des ask when planning down the track, I want Brett to stay if he can get back, if not, I'm afraid he may have to go (on record)

Of course Des will consider this with another contract. He won't get the same coin. Yes he is on big $ now but when the contract was signed he was worth every cent ffs. How do you predict injuries. He was never injury prone beforehand.

Did we sign him for how long? this is pretty big to be honest as this is his 3rd injured season and highest paid player. Here's hopimng for a miraculous recovery.

Darren said:
Did we sign him for how long? this is pretty big to be honest as this is his 3rd injured season and highest paid player. Here's hopimng for a miraculous recovery.

Is he really our highest paid player? I thought that was Lyon??

Lol Ryan you think we've already lost Hopoate,his contract will be announced in the coming weeks i hope.....But G Lowe at the helm is still a bigger worry than any loss could be on the field

Darren said:
a question to all those hounds, if Brett is injury plagued in 2011 (his 3rd year in a row) what would you do about his heavily loaded 400 k contract? Sensible discussion, not theatrics and abuse please. The highest paid player not performing for 3 seasons. What does Lowey and Des do for the future? And b4 people jump down my throat for asking a question which I am sure Lowey and Des ask when planning down the track, I want Brett to stay if he can get back, if not, I'm afraid he may have to go (on record)

Darren, and that is where these boards fail mate. You mate an accurate assessment, and get pumped for it, so feel obliged to ask that people reply without abuse.

Apart from DSM5, no-one deserves that.

I agree though, time for Brett to consider hanging up the boots for the good of his health, and the good of the team.

Also, don't bring him back through reggies guys, that would be insulting. Bring him back on the wing.

The Eagle said:
Lol Ryan you think we've already lost Hopoate,his contract will be announced in the coming weeks i hope.....But G Lowe at the helm is still a bigger worry than any loss could be on the field

Yes and No.
:D:D:D

Hopoate and Stewart are going nowhere. Both will feature in our next grand final team. Might not be too far away either.

Valid point Darren.
I heard Zorba say that Jamie Lyon's hamstring tear from earlier this season, was about 10cm long and took 2-3 weeks to fully heal.
In comparison, Snakes hamstring tear was only 3 cm but has taken more time and he's still not quite right.

Brett's legs and body have taken such a beating over the years that perhaps he now struggles to recover from injuries?

Ryan said:
Darren said:

Darren, and that is where these boards fail mate. You mate an accurate assessment, and get pumped for it, so feel obliged to ask that people reply without abuse.

Apart from DSM5, no-one deserves that.

I agree though, time for Brett to consider hanging up the boots for the good of his health, and the good of the team.

Also, don't bring him back through reggies guys, that would be insulting. Bring him back on the wing.

The Eagle said:

Yes and No.
:D:D:D

I think the reason people don't like talk of getting rid of Snake is because we are not the experts, we don't know exactly what is going on and im sure Des knows what he is doing. The same people wanting Snake gone were furious over us not signing any big guns last year when we actually had plans in place with our young guns. Im also sure they will be the same people that will praise Snake when he is back to his best winning another premiership for us.

If, and its a big if, and Snakes injuries are bad enough for us to release him at the end of his contract im sure Des will make the right decision and perhaps Snake will stay at the club in a consulting role?

Hanging up his boots ? Surely I haven't just read that. Will book into opsm now coz that can't have been written

If Brett can get full fitness back we are big time in winning in 2011!! Look at our team, going great and that defence is the cornerstone. Remember in 2010 at the 60th minute, we would collapse, much different this year. A couple of kids injecting fresh enthusiasm foran and dce, hoppa and oldfield. Joe leading the pack, matai hitting sizzling form. To think we haven't really missed Brett, Wolfie and Rodney, all 3 rep players

Matabele said:
I expect Brett will repay our loyalty in full.

Smartest thing you have posted for awhile 1000% accurate too.

Ryan please tell me you are drunk suggesting Brett retires I just can't believe you would post something so retarded buddy.

Ryan said:

Spoken like a true Norths supporter.

Defeated way, way before the contest is decided.

Rex said:
Ryan said:
Well said Rex
Spoken like a true Norths supporter.

Defeated way, way before the contest is decided.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6