Round 5 tickets and Supporters Bus/Transport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Leichhardt Oval is looking like it will be heading towards a sellout this Sunday.

There will be a few Manly fans towards the North-West area of the ground. In either the away Supporters Bay, or directly behind it on the hill.

Tickets: https://www.proticket.com.au/Events/Details/3015

Supporters Bus departs the Leagues Club at 1pm sharp. The usual $20 for Members and $25 for the General Public. Need at least 20 passengers for the bus to run.

Bookings: https://secure.ticketdesq.com/book/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&TicketDesqID=1367&OrgID=15975

Other Transport:

A few of us are using the Light Rail from Central to the new Leichhardt North Stop, roughly a 5-10 minute walk from the ground. Trams depart every 15 minutes.

Is light rail or bus the best option from Central Station to Leichardt? This is my first time @ Leichardt and was going to drive but was told parking is terrible in the area.

I'll be driving down from Newcastle to Hornsby..

(edit)

Actually, I quite enjoy driving, incl. through Sydney, think I've changed my mind & gonna drive to the Rozelle/Lilyfield area, hopefully find some suitable parking spot, then head to a pub before walking to the ground etc.

Will have 2 MWSE car flags on, so more opportunity to fly them through the 'burbs!

EagleRock40 said:
Is light rail or bus the best option from Central Station to Leichardt? This is my first time @ Leichardt and was going to drive but was told parking is terrible in the area.

Leichhardt North stop - north side exit is James St, becomes Mary Street which is the Oval.

Parking along Balmain Road or surrounds, its a longer walk but under 20 minutes.

We're having brunch in Norton Street and walk and down. Just hope that the rain holds off :)

Don't forget that daylight savings ends, so the clocks roll back an hour.

ssar said:
I'll be driving down from Newcastle to Hornsby that morning, then:
- train to Central,
- pub,
- then tram to Leichardt North stop,
- pub,
- ground,
- Cheer & Fly MWSE Flag,
- (hopefully) enjoy good injury-free win to Manly.

2 pub stops sound good to me. This is the best option so far :)

If you want to park anywhere near ground I would suggest getting there early. Lots of permit holder parking and limited time parking. Get public transport if you can. From central station you can catch the 440 which drops you just up the road from the ground

EagleRock40 said:
ssar said:
I'll be driving down from Newcastle to Hornsby that morning, then:
- train to Central,
- pub,
- then tram to Leichardt North stop,
- pub,
- ground,
- Cheer & Fly MWSE Flag,
- (hopefully) enjoy good injury-free win to Manly.

2 pub stops sound good to me. This is the best option so far :)

Unfortunately I don't think there are any pubs near Leichardt North station, I have looked. If anyone knows of any please advise. If so my plans will be bus to Central, then follow ssar.

Brookie4eva said:
Unfortunately I don't think there are any pubs near Leichardt North station, I have looked. If anyone knows of any please advise. If so my plans will be bus to Central, then follow ssar.

Woo Hoo, I just found Orange Grove Hotel on Balmain Rd, will likely be chockers but worth a look.

Brookie4eva said:
Brookie4eva said:

Woo Hoo, I just found Orange Grove Hotel on Balmain Rd, will likely be chockers but worth a look.

Lets all get there and make it chockers with maroon and white ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8