Round 5 team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Being big does not have to mean that you are not fast though. Both seem fine in open pasture to me, 1 of my favourite memories is still Big George going 30m to score against the chooks LOL

Just don't over rate the speed v size factor is the point I am trying to get at I suppose. Guys like Thaiday, Taylor, Weyman and co are a big part of their sides being up the top of the ladder

I think our centre pairing will change.

The team I think will run out

B. Stewart
M. Robertson
J. Lyon
S. Neumann
M. Bani
C. Bailey
M. Orford
J. King
M. Ballin
B. Kite
G. Hall
A. Watmough
G. Stewart

H. Le'Strange
J. Perry
A. Cuthbertson
S. Rodney

I think sadly enough we'll see Neumann thrown to the lambs again.

I'd go with rodney over rose... Tigers have two many zippy blokes Farah, Marshall, Morris, Halatau and their new fullback.... need more mobility.

I'm gonna give us another chance this week. Manly will win 19-18

I don't care who runs out in the end. I just want them to dig deep and give it a shot, especially in defence. A few less penalties, stupid mistakes and some grunt and go would be nice.

Lyon has to go to 5/8 at some stage this season for his kicking game alone

The Wheel link said:
Lyon has to go to 5/8 at some stage this season for his kicking game alone

From your lips to God's ears ....please...I know he is a great, international centre, but in this team he is needed at this position.
Look I don't hate Orford, but he is an emotional player and Jamie not only grounds him but helps direct play....

If Lyon is out we will still struggle I reckon, despite Brett's return. No Lyon, no Matai leaves us with what in the centres ? Not much.

In that case than Des has to make changes one way or the other i would have Tony Williams and assuming he will be playing ? in the centres with L'Estrange

Bench

King
JWH
Cuthbertson / Rodney
Trent Hodkinson

I'd like to see Cuthbo run straight up the middle more.  The other day i saw him go sideways looking to pass when we were inside our 50 and he was one of only two props on the field (i may be wrong there).  Then again if he passed and we scored he'd be a genius!

I'll just leave it up to Des and the players and hope they don't give me anymore gray hairs this weekend

Here is a little bit from an article today, it'll get posted in the news section soon no doubt :

Stewart's return could be tempered by Manly's increasing injury toll.

Orford (groin), Steve Matai (neck), Jamie Lyon (knee), Michael Robertson (leg) and David Williams (shoulder) are all in doubt for the match.

If Orford doesn't play - Daly Evans?
If Orford does play - short kicks, kicks out on the full, ineffective grubbers and 0 conversions?

eggson link said:
Here is a little bit from an article today, it'll get posted in the news section soon no doubt :

Stewart's return could be tempered by Manly's increasing injury toll.

Orford (groin), Steve Matai (neck), Jamie Lyon (knee), Michael Robertson (leg) and David Williams (shoulder) are all in doubt for the match.

If Orford doesn't play - Daly Evans?
If Orford does play - short kicks, kicks out on the full, ineffective grubbers and 0 conversions?

Trent H - I'd think

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8