Round 25 2010 Vs Roosters - When the wheels fell off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Remember that game; we were smashing them!  Leading 14 nil, should have been 20 nil in the 38th minute.

Phil Gould saying "its men V boys".  Such a dominant display against the eventual grand finalists.

Then you could actually see the wheels fall off: Kite smashed and concussed, Choc injured, Jason King did his ankle and Matai had another bout with his shoulder.

Kenny Dowell awarded an 8 point run away try against the run of play.

G Stewart elbowed Anasta in the second half and he was gone for the season as well.

Talk about how things can go bad very quickly, I was thinking after 30 minutes that this was the start of the run at the premiership; but the remaining 50 minutes consigned us to the scrap heap for 2010.

Exactly Clit. If everything goes right for us we can beat anyone. The occupants of the squad are not really an issue. We just need to be able to get our best players on the field at one time.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300318205[/time]

I firmly believe that when that happens we will have a big win.

Trolley jack & wheelbrace at the ready, in other words we fans can help put the wheels back on by getting out there Sunday

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
Remember that game; we were smashing them!  Leading 14 nil, should have been 20 nil in the 38th minute.

Phil Gould saying \"its men V boys\".  Such a dominant display against the eventual grand finalists.

Then you could actually see the wheels fall off: Kite smashed and concussed, Choc injured, Jason King did his ankle and Matai had another bout with his shoulder.

Kenny Dowell awarded an 8 point run away try against the run of play.

This is all spot on. The only extra Clit was Matai taken out when Kenny Dowall gets runaway try. That was really a 14 point try. The Stewart high shot was frustration at \"how the hell did this game get away from us\" like a massive snowball effect of bad!!

G Stewart elbowed Anasta in the second half and he was gone for the season as well.

Talk about how things can go bad very quickly, I was thinking after 30 minutes that this was the start of the run at the premiership; but the remaining 50 minutes consigned us to the scrap heap for 2010.

Can I make a suggestion.

If we lose, everyone give the forum a break for a few days.

Because if you think this weeks been bad, wait until next week if we get thrashed.

Fair dinkum it's enough to make a grown man cry!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Can I make a suggestion.

If we lose, everyone give the forum a break for a few days.

Because if you think this weeks been bad, wait until next week if we get thrashed.

Fair dinkum it's enough to make a grown man cry!!

People on here not talk negative... Geez Mark what are you thinking.

Give ya self an uppercut. haha

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I have Pat I have...BUT you have to admit that it does wear a bit thin at times.

Definately agree with you Mark, it wears very thin especially after the first game of the season.

Wasn't there a rule on here, that we were allowed to whinge up until Wednesday, then we could only speak on the week ahead?
That's a good idea in my opinion.

Stevie Wonder, Blind Fred and the 3 blind mice were all howling about Stevie Matai being tackled without the ball to allow the Roosters to score what was eventually an 8 point try - shame the touchy who was 5 feet from play didn't see the same thing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7atLVZZ__o
(2 min 15 sec in)

Jeez, I was dirty at that game...

I just don't think we got any 'rub of the green' last season with any referee.  They hated us all season. 

Some people didn't play 'We'll never walk alone" enough in the week preceding that Round 25 game, that's why the wheels fell off.

I've played it atleast 7 times this week and I'm ****en pumped. We'll win by 20.

Well what about 2008, round 20 Vs Roosters at the SFS. Beaten 34-12 I thought that was the end of our year.

And then 2 weeks later the Storm beat us at Brookie, followed by round 23 Bunnies putting 40 on us.

3 losses in four weeks. A grim time indeed.

6 straight wins from that point and we were premiers.

Great memories.

Volley link said:
Some people didn't play 'We'll never walk alone\" enough in the week preceding that Round 25 game, that's why the wheels fell off.

I've played it atleast 7 times this week and I'm f**ken pumped. We'll win by 20.

Psst..Volley - It's "You'll never walk alone" but gotta love your dedication to helping the team win...keep up the good work  ;)

vidmar link said:
Stevie Wonder, Blind Fred and the 3 blind mice were all howling about Stevie Matai being tackled without the ball to allow the Roosters to score what was eventually an 8 point try - shame the touchy who was 5 feet from play didn't see the same thing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7atLVZZ__o
(2 min 15 sec in)

Jeez, I was dirty at that game...

Immediately followed by the softest 8 point try in rugby league history...

There's NOTHING in sporting folklore like "You'll never walk alone"...Vidmar could explain (as he would have been there at some point) but if you have never seen it, just Google it, turn up the sound and imagine what it would be like to be in the crowd....there's always "we are the champions" (and that's stirring as well) but nothing beats this!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6