Round 23 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just a side note, here is an example of how utterly stupid the programmers are over at Channel Nein.....

On Nein, last nights Footy Show started at 11:35pm in Adelaide. Nothing unusual there, but here is where it gets stupid. Starting at 11:50pm on GEM was the Vermin vs Donkeys game.

So if you're a league fan here in Adelaide and you enjoy watching games and The Footy Show despite them being on at an ungodly hour, you either had to watch one and record the other, or watch one and miss the other because they had them on last night at the same bloody time.

Personally, since I knew the result and didn't want to watch the game or listen to the Souffs love orgy happening in the commentary box, I watched TFS (where my other half thinks Fatty has had a facelift. Is she right? She might be from the look of him).

Proponents of the major stadia policy have never driven to Olympic Park. My first time by car tonight, not a bad game Eel v Dog, but the main entertainment was watching the car park chaos after the match. The person responsible for designing the car park exits should be sued for professional misconduct. A good business idea would be to have sales persons patrolling the car park after matches. Selling coffee, hot dogs, anger management courses.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Proponents of the major stadia policy have never driven to Olympic Park. My first time by car tonight, not a bad game Eel v Dog, but the main entertainment was watching the car park chaos after the match. The person responsible for designing the car park exits should be sued for professional misconduct. A good business idea would be to have sales persons patrolling the car park after matches. Selling coffee, hot dogs, anger management courses.

Anger management courses.....their first customer should be Josh Reynolds lol (I hear that the change room chairs at Suncorp are pushing for a restraining order against him).

Just out of curiosity.....who played tonight's game? Was it the Scumdogs and Eels, or was it just Souffs?

Seriously, when the Nein commentary team weren't drooling over Jarryd Hayne, they were forever crapping on with "Souffs this" and "Greg Inglis that".

It seemed the game itself was incidental to the fact that Souffs are their current darlings.

And as for this 40/20 stuff.....Parramatta were robbed there tonight IMO. To pull up the play simply because the ball boy didn't put the ball down on the ground and instead passed it to the Eels player....what an absolute joke. Who the living f**k makes these rules? Can you imagine what would happen if a team scored the winning try in the GF after a 40/20 only for the refs to call it back because the ball boy didn't put the ball on the line? As Gus said, its not the ball boys fault, its the way the rule now is.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

You should try gettin' out of the MCG precinct mate (especially after a 70k-plus crowd's there, as was for the recent Hawthorn v Sydney game).

We were there crawling and bumper to bumper for an hour!

Anyways, today I've tipped the Raiders to quell the Drags in Canberra, just for fun.

The Scum unfortunately should dispose of the Sharks in VIC.

So I'm hoping like hell the big upset comes from the Tigs against the Rorters at Leichhardt!

If the Dogs and Scum squeeze into the final 8, just MAYBE the Rorters can be squeezed out!

(YES, I know that's highly unlikely Roger!)

The final make up of the 8 is still a VERY big unknown....we could finish 1st, 4th or even further down.

The Rorters may not make it.

Penrith could be minor Premiers

BUT as we know (thanks to @mickqld ) its now the,

National Rabbitohs League

So its all ordained, why the other 15 sides are bothering to turn up is beyond me!!

torana355 said:
hmmm Raiders or Dragons?? I think the Raiders might win this.

What a dreary non event game. I'm considering watching cupcake wars instead.

torana355 said:
mickqld said:
torana355 said:
hmmm Raiders or Dragons?? I think the Raiders might win this.

What a dreary non event game. I'm considering watching cupcake wars instead.

True but i like to have a punt.

I like a quality cupcake, or muffin too, to be fair...

I also admit I'll be watching as much (or more) of the Swans/St.Kilda game now.

Wait in' for the Bledisloe tonight, and our best chance of an upset...the Tigs taking on the Chooks, at Leichhardt.

Alrighty, who's ready for the non Manly game of the round? The Mighty Capra's up against the slimy dolphins.

Kick off at 6pm. Go the Capra's!! I'm heading in soon to see our fearless $180k team give it to their $1.3million pack of cats.

Then, I'll either be getting happy drunk, or drowning my sorrows. I'm not sure yet. Nah, just kidding. We're too tough to feel sorry for ourselves :D :p

Is it me? Or is anyone else sick of refs blowing the whistle and changing the momentum of the games? Best thing about the 2nd half of last nights game, was the refs didn't even blow their whistles.

mozgrame said:
Alrighty, who's ready for the non Manly game of the round? The Mighty Capra's up against the slimy dolphins.

Kick off at 6pm. Go the Capra's!! I'm heading in soon to see our fearless $180k team give it to their $1.3million pack of cats.

Then, I'll either be getting happy drunk, or drowning my sorrows. I'm not sure yet. Nah, just kidding. We're too tough to feel sorry for ourselves :D :p

And how are the odds shapin' for Mrs.Moz to have a good night, old mate?

Probly better than the Capra's, and the Gummies (against the Scum right now) I'd bet!

Sharks are pitiful. Jeez hold the ball and complete a set.

Akkkkkkk - cant watch any more of this. Sharks are dreadful.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6