Round 12 Double Header

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shane link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186366.msg314222#msg314222 date=1296801707]
Gosford is an awful place to get to from Sydney. And the locals are either Tigers or Souffs fans, so there's no advantage monetarily or fan wise imo.  PNG is rugby league mad.  There's little union played.  Go where there's a fan base and collect the money.   

Fact - Manly V Tigers was a sellout during halftime in the toyota cup
Fact - The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles have never lost at bluetongue stadium
Fact - Bluetongue stadium while having a menu of the most disgusting food i have ever encountered cooks a mean Mars Bar and brews a top Coke
Fact - Alot of grounds would do well to have a close to the action feel of Bluetongue,even behind the goal post wasnt awful,WIN stadium on the other hand while being a "suburban" ground has the most awful hill in the history of stadia with Hills

[/quote]

Leagues club serves up a mean meal as well.

Should take our home game vs Broncos to Skilled Park and our home game vs Titans or Cowboys to Suncorp.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Ryan

Suncorp holds no fears for the Eagles, we have won there every game for the last 4 years.

It's a bonus (huge) for the clubin a financial sense...worth about 3 home games, and also gives the many SEQ members an opportunity for a \"home\" game up here and the unique opportunity's to promote membership and the brand whilst there are doing it.

You can blame me for this if you wish I have been on the CEO's backs (Mayer as well) and the Football clubs back to do this very thing for years.

I spoke to Lowe in NZ last year and he actually listened, I also spoke to Des and whilst he wasn't that happy he agreed that Suncorp is a happy hunting ground at present.

This could have happened in 2009 BUT I couldn't quite get Grant across the line at the time, we talked (for some time) and he even rang me at home one night for a lengthy conversation about it but it wasn't to be.

Whilst it is one less game in Sydney, it will do far more good than bad and will just be for a one off time I feel.
hey mark just to pull you up there on your grant comment they were locked in to an agreement with blue tongue and I do believe the consitituion only allows for 2 games to be moved away from brookvale matie

I don't understand how this could be financially beneficial to the club. Suncorp holds 50,000 fans, but because it is a double header the gate is split between the 2 "home" teams, one of whom is us. Take out the travel & accommodation costs and I don't see how it would be any better than a near full house at Brookie.

Ralphie link said:
I don't understand how this could be financially beneficial to the club. Suncorp holds 50,000 fans, but because it is a double header the gate is split between the 2 \"home\" teams, one of whom is us. Take out the travel & accommodation costs and I don't see how it would be any better than a near full house at Brookie.

Because we don't have to take the full brunt of the costs to hold it there by ourselves, the Bulldogs get this as well. On top of that, a game at Brookie or Gosford would give us 20000 tops and, for a Brisbane game it would be half of this. Therefore, we are talking about 10000 at $30 at Brookie ($300,000) compared to 25000 x $30 at Brisbane ($750,000) We're talking about 2.5 times the profit for a game at Suncorp compared to the same game at Brookie or Gosford.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=186366.msg314192#msg314192 date=1296784850]
Ryan

Suncorp holds no fears for the Eagles, we have won there every game for the last 4 years.

It's a bonus (huge) for the clubin a financial sense...worth about 3 home games, and also gives the many SEQ members an opportunity for a \"home\" game up here and the unique opportunity's to promote membership and the brand whilst there are doing it.

You can blame me for this if you wish I have been on the CEO's backs (Mayer as well) and the Football clubs back to do this very thing for years.

I spoke to Lowe in NZ last year and he actually listened, I also spoke to Des and whilst he wasn't that happy he agreed that Suncorp is a happy hunting ground at present.

This could have happened in 2009 BUT I couldn't quite get Grant across the line at the time, we talked (for some time) and he even rang me at home one night for a lengthy conversation about it but it wasn't to be.

Whilst it is one less game in Sydney, it will do far more good than bad and will just be for a one off time I feel.
hey mark just to pull you up there on your grant comment they were locked in to an agreement with blue tongue and I do believe the consitituion only allows for 2 games to be moved away from brookvale matie
[/quote]

Was aware of that Cam, it wasn't actually for the period that they had signed for BT, it was after that...Grant, and more so Des were against moving a game to Suncorp, financial reasons have changed that view I'd guess.

I think it's a great idea, they'll get more money and a bigger crowd, plus it actually guarantees us a live Friday night match.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2