Roudn 3: IS this game at Gosford?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
K

Knights97

Does anyone know if the round 3 game between Manly and Knights is at Gosford or at Brookvale?

Thank You

Matabele link said:
We can thank the Football Club for the lack of Brookvale games until deep into April!

That is crap Andrew and you know it, the decisions on where games are played are made by the the privatley owned company that runs the franchise and not the football club.

Ho hum….Great to see you back Mata and that you have not lost your ability to stir the pot....

It is of course your right to post, however as a moderator it would be nice if you could post facts rather than incorrect scurrilous statements designed to discredit the Football Club…(yet again…)

Granted I may be wrong and happy to be corrected so here is your opportunity to back up your claims and as such add credibility to your post

Some questions for you…..

1. The first 2 games are away to the Tigers and Parra…the rounds are decided by the NRL…what influence do the Football Club have over the NRL to dictate this? (And of course to further dictate that we play round 4 in New Zealand at Easter)

2. The third round game is against the Knights which will likely be at Gosford - What benefits financial or otherwise are there for the Football Club for home games to be played away from Brookvale? (ie why would they want that to happen?)

3. When the club was privatised it was fought for (and won) by the Football club that an agreement was in place to state SPECIFICALLY that no more than 2 games could be played away from Brookvale each season (and bear in mind there was a contractual agreement in place between the club and Bluetongue that we HAD to play 2 games there)

- How does this support your claim that the Football Club is responsible for games away from Brookie?

4. The first game at Brookie is the weekend after Easter - what coincidence might this have with the plans to commence re-development work (or at least do some) on Brookie Oval?

5. You’re actually a Football Club member…why do you keep sniping publicly at the club and seem to want to discredit it?

I guess you may do this in jest and enjoy the backlash but deary me…how about getting on board and helping instead of keep being silly?

Over to you Matabele….

vidmar link said:
4. The first game at Brookie is the weekend after Easter - what coincidence might this have with the plans to commence re-development work (or at least do some) on Brookie Oval?

Changing the subject slightly - is there any schedule of work in place for the work that is going to be undertaken (if any) over the summer?

Going past Brookie on the bus every day there does not seem to be any work underway at the moment.

Just interested to know what we can expect in terms of better facilities in 2010.

PS Notice Cr Deluca in todays Manly daily (letters to the editor) encouraging people to write to WSC re any development plans for Brookie & somewhere else in Freshwater

Wheel...I've asked the question to get an update on any schedule of work and will update as soon as I hear.
Saw the letter in the Daily....Hmmm, gee...I wonder if they might be getting a load of their supporters to be writing letters to councillors?

So we dont know for sure that this game wont be at brookie, as this knights fan has asked?

Not as yet Dan...for the 2009 season the actual dates/venues were released on Jan 15 with the first 5 rounds confirmed so am guessing it will be similar early next year...

Mind you saying that, the Knights game is the only Manly Home fixture that has been slated as Brookie or Bluetongue (all the other home games say Brooky) so I'd say it would be a very good bet that it will be Blutongue as it has for the last few seasons as that is invariably an earner for the Eagles.

I'm guessing both clubs will be pushing for a weekend game rather than a Friday night so wouldn't bet the farm on which day it may be as yet (Please not a Friday, Please not a Friday...)

(if you look at some fo the other clubs they are in a similar situation with Wests listed as Leichhardt or Campbelltown (no Homebush funnily?) and the Dragons at Kogarah or WIN)

The Easter fixture between the Storm and Dragons is listed as either Ettihad or the Rectangular

Matabele link said:
We can thank the Football Club for the lack of Brookvale games until deep into April!

I followed up on this and have been told that an official request was put to the NRL by the Sea Eagles some considerable months ago to play the early 2010 season games away from Brookvale as it was expected that work may be under way.

This of course can't now be changed but means we have 2 home games and the bye back to back in May

re work at the Oval, apparently a number of projects have been put to council and the club is waiting final approval (But I'm told the projects are not related to new stands or major construction work)

Thanks for the help Vidmar.

I actually know the Knights fan who requested this and we are all planning a full weekend footy trip down there, everyone had Brookvale on the list of fields they wanted to visit, so we may need to look at another weekend to come down, because Bluetongue is on no-ones list!

Dan,
I've just herd back that the Bluetongue games decision is scheduled to be finalised at this weeks Sea Eagles board meeting so look out for a confirmation hopefully by the end of the week?

I did hear that there was an agreement in place that if we had the Knights as a home game and the club scheduled a game at Blutongue then the Knights had to be one of them and that the other had to be a Sydney team but as we played the Cowboys up there in 2008 not sure how true that is....

Will update you when I hear anything if it hasn't hit the press in the next few days?

Cheers
Vid

Cheers mate. I might hit up mark for help on getting a bus full of guys around. I will be the only manly supporter though :(

We plan on hitting a game every day through monday

I don't know, but I kinda feel my season ticket is holding less, and less value every year. Whatever though. I'll still renew.

does that mean you will come to some of the games with us when we are down there?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6