1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rothtossers Rant this week

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Cameron, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35

1) any of the ladies who post her go to function and know what was said rothfield has been gunning for tinker because his mates with perry and rothfields deeply in the Greek whiteants corner

2) I smell a massive rat here. Bulldog said it was London Irish now rothfield is saying it Toulon. The other thing that's funny is they are trying to say Mather is he manager because Mimis is suspended but mimis was in England and peters even mentioned it in his podcast. It's very obvious that they are leveraging to get manly to increase their offer.

3) More bull**** and muckraking reading between the lines they are obviously gunning for bob r or tinker.

2. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    Amazingly good news for Snake- in the space of a couple of days (and without passing a ball in anger) he has successfully upped his salary from $850k per year to $1 million- and he now will be based in the French Riviera. If he shows some patience, I hear Roman Abramovic may make a $2 million per month offer for him to play soccer at Chelsea...

3. Dan79

Dan79 Active Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    i hear exactly the same rumour. Expect an announcement on Friday

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    That is GOLD. But remember, John Terry gets a certain % over whatever the highest paid player is, no matter !!

How's THAT for a contract.

"My salary is 5% higher, than whoever the highest paid player (beside myself is) on the team at any given time."

Wish I could wrangle that one at The Bank !

5. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,250 / 131
    It is the second week in a row they have mentioned a massive blow up in the Manly board room shortly.

Anyone have any idea what is happening? Did someone stuff up on the order for free sandwiches?

6. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,808 / 53
    Blow up? I hope al queda is not involved.

7. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    They're just guessing, based on history they will eventually be right

8. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,808 / 53
    Slow news day? Surely he could have made up one more story about Manly?

9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    A massive blow up ?

Maybe a doll for zorba, in his size range

10. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  11. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Just with this uk rugby thing I think it's a smoother, remember when rothtool interviewed Brett prior to soo1 brett was quoted as saying he will take a paycut to stay at manly Its also funny how this revelation has only reached the ears of news ltd. it's nothing but a powerplay from mimis to milk more for Brett it's no different to orr asking the club to release Dce.

12. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Let the truth begin
    tweets
    @wendy_harmer Rothfield in today’s Gossip newspaper says that GUESTS at Manly’s Eagles Angels luncheon on Friday to celebrate the (cont)
    @wendy_harmer Women in League round were shocked by a vulgar comment made by the MC, Manly board member Darrell Williams Any truth ?

Response

@berkeley_eagle Nah. load of rubbish!

@wendy_harmer @berkeley_eagle It's usually ME that shocks everyone, apparently.

From @sharonlk65 
    @wendy_harmer @berkeley_eagle Wendy you were fantastic, i had the best afternoon. Cant wait for the next one.

@sharonlk65 @berkeley_eagle We always have fun, and appreciated Darrell's efforts for the daunting task of attempting to herd we seagulls.

From @seaeaglenut
    @berkeley_eagle @wendy_harmer I was there and NOONE said anything offensive. The entire function was a blast and enjoyed by everyone.
    Me
    @lynshields @wendy_harmer was Zorba & His puppy Ritchie there #Twoandtwo

@berkeley_eagle @lynshields @wendy_harmer i saw Zorba, didn't see the other one.

From @lynsheilds
    @sharonlk65 @berkeley_eagle @wendy_harmer Ah Sharon, there's the source......

13. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    @Cambo96: @Danny_Weidler Do you think all this Europe rugby talk in the telegraph is just SFX trying to get Brett more money off manly?

His reply.

@Danny_Weidler: @Cambo96 the offer would be real - I think Brett would like to stay but he wants four years

• Like Like x 1
  14. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Just on the ESL thing it's a definite possibility but it's more to do with clubs getting sick of paying overs for Aussie imports only to bolt home when the going gets tough.

But another comp is possibly going to emerge (might have some element truth to the Snake to France rumor) with some of the big French union teams (think Toulon etc)starting a RL team (somewhat ironic given what happened during WW2).
    The French will have a possible Summer and Winter comp.

15. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,834 / 31
    They made a mistake originally saying the london irish, now they realised the public arent fools its changed now to french clubs. Absolute rubbish and very poor execution of this tactic.

16. lovefooty

lovefooty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 16
    Zorba is back on the war path.
    He is loading Ritchie and rothfeild with crap about Williams. Perry, Reilly.
    He is doing this to help his Family get control of the Eagles.

He cant have a go him self as it will cost him his payout.
    Any thing they write is loaded by him.
    He needs to be run out of this club. He is the biggest trouble maker this club has ever seen.
    When he runs out of money ,who will look after him? His family the Penn's.

17. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    You spilling the deans there lovefooty?

18. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    You could say we are feeling Zorbas Roth...

19. lovefooty

lovefooty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 16
    I hope that the Telcrap gets rid of these hacks when they clean some staff out. The Telecrap has destroyed to many good people to help look after there mates. This is no matter if there mates are wrong they just do it to get square.

20. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    And what's the grubby little innuendo about Delmege catching the bus? So what? What's so wrong about catching public transport? If more people did it it ould be a better world. Just more rubbish from a rubbish journalist.