Rothfield at it again on the Telegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Top 50 NRL Players according to Phil Rothfield   

50. Blake Ferguson
49. Alan Tongue
48. Ben Hornby
47. John Sutton
46. David Stagg
45. Roy Asotasi
44. Jamie Lyon
43. Josh Dugan
42. Chris Lawrence
41. Luke Lewis
40. Manu Vatuvei
39. Daniel Mortimer
38. Jarrod Mullen
37. Luke O'Donnell
36. Adam Blair
35. Dave Taylor
34. Terry Campese
33. Todd Carney
32. Jamie Soward
31. Steve Price
30. Greg Bird
29. Justin Hodges
28. Petero Civoniceva
27. Michael Ennis
26. Israel Folau
25. Brett Stewart
24. Ben Hannant
23. Ben Creagh
22. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
21. Cooper Cronk
20. Brett Morris
19. Brett Kmmorley
18. Josh Morris
17. Feleti Mateo
16. Sam Burgess
15. Beniji Marshall
14. Kurt Gidley
13. Darren Lockyer
12. Robbie Farah
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
10. Fuifui Moimoi
9. Michael Jennings
8. Paul Gallen
7. Scott Prince
6. Anthony Watmough
5. Cameron Smith
4. Johnathan Thurston
3. Jarryd Hayne
2. Billy Slater
1. Greg Inglis

16 hasnt played a game
22 agree LOL
33 hasnt played a game in two years
42, 43, 50 - Phil is smoking drugs

The top seven are probably the right guys, not so sure about the order.
Put Stewy in there & make it 8 and that would be right.

JWH is the second best player in the Manly '09 team??????  :eek:.

This bloke is a farken numpty.

Gday Phil I was looking forward to seeing your top 25 and I picked the top 6, however in my opinion you are judging Brett Stewart on his off field problem because he is much better than 25th position. Love the blog though.

Cheers,
Dave

Dave of Geelong (Reply)
Tue 02 Mar 10 (12:52am) 
I’ve got a feeling that what’s happened off the field has hurt his confidence which is only natural. 

Phil Rothfield
Tue 02 Mar 10 (09:01am

Funny how Gallen had a shocker and had both on field ond off field incidents.

burgess will be a great if he stays injury free

He works for a tabloid - by definition he needs to be controversial

If Blake Ferguson, Ben Hornby and Glenn Stewart were up for grabs, I know where the big money would be offered. Glenn Stewart is a disgraceful omission from the top 50 players and Brett was regarded as the best fullback in the world until his injury last season.

TWO DOGS (Reply)
Tue 02 Mar 10 (08:47am) Sharon replied to TWO DOGS
Tue 02 Mar 10 (09:26am)
Ben Hornby is a far better player than Glen Stewart

Dave replied to TWO DOGS
Tue 02 Mar 10 (09:38am)
You & your fellow Manly supporters might have regarded Brett Stewart as the best fullback. But pretty much the rest of the world knew that Slater was always better.

Glenn Stewart had a very ordinary year in 2009 and got dropped from the rep sides. He wopuld be the first to admit his form was way down on the previous year.

Phil Rothfield
Tue 02 Mar 10 (08:53am

Everyone should agree that Slater is a better fullback than Stewart. but that doesn't take away just how great Brett actually is.

It's a close run thing when each are at their best.

Anyone who made an Aussie or Origin team last year should be in that top 50, otherwise we are not picking the best teams

Waerea-Hargreaves, Mateo and Gidley ahead of Stewart?? That's just insane, especially JWH, which might be the worst call of all time.

eagles2win it is current players. I would certainly have him in my top 10 players currently playing in the NRL. He was on fire last year and no-one can deny that

When I saw JWH at 22 ahead of every current Manly player but Choc I nearly lost my false teeth. There are only 2 Manly players in the top 50 against 7 Dogs and many more in most teams. I just hope that flying under the radar is good for us this year. This bloke is a joke.

Dan link said:
eagles2win it is current players. I would certainly have him in my top 10 players currently playing in the NRL. He was on fire last year and no-one can deny that

Yes I would have him in my top 25 but not in the top 10 I won't deny that, but watch him in the 4 Nations and Allstars game where he struggled.

Dan link said:
Didn't know Todd Carney was a current NRL player.

eagles2win link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=182523.msg252955#msg252955 date=1267508677]

Yes I would have him in my top 25 but not in the top 10 I won't deny that, but watch him in the 4 Nations and Allstars game where he struggled.

[/quote] Not to mention the Grand Final.  I wouldn't have him in my Top 25.  The stupidity of the list shows with only 2 forwards in the top 9, and number 10 is a guy who like Hayne had several good games at the back end of last season.  Moi Moi will go backwards this year with the way they've changed the rules.

The fans poll today has Hayne as the best player in the league, so it looks like most people agree.

Hayne is one of my favourite players too watch and can do some freakish stuff.

Based on the last few games he played in NRL he was easily in the top 10 players.

In fact he would be one of my first picked in NSW

Hayne didnt struggle in those games, he just didnt do anything brilliant which people are now expecting from him every game which is unreasonable.

Hayne rarely makes an error and would be a certain top 10 player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4