Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CAMBO said:
If we play the roosters. We must start with Lawrence coming off the bench and big g starting.
I've watched Lawrence closely in the finals and he's not very effective in his first spell. But in his second stint he is very effective. George is our only prop who sticks his nose thru the line every hit up.

No way, if it ain't broke don't fix it

CAMBO said:
If we play the roosters. We must start with Lawrence coming off the bench and big g starting.
I've watched Lawrence closely in the finals and he's not very effective in his first spell. But in his second stint he is very effective. George is our only prop who sticks his nose thru the line every hit up.

Lawrence's 1st 20 v Cronulla was outstanding, and we can't afford to lose George's impact off the bench, especially if Fa'aoso is no good

Lawerence ran for 146meters and 37 tackles last night. I want him on as long as possible. If we get another injury early like Richie last night Brenton and Kite can play 30 mins straight if needed.

From Phil Rothfield:

MANLY have made few mistakes since Geoff Toovey took over from Des Hasler as the Sea Eagles coach.

The one blunder is not signing cult-hero front-rower George Rose on a new contract.

Like at all clubs, salary cap pressure left the Sea Eagles in an impossible position to keep the jolly giant at Brookvale.

His finals form has been outstanding and his explosive charges will be missed in 2014.

Melbourne Storm have got a great buy.

Always been a Rose fan & s##t he killed it when we needed go toward last Friday....
But cant agree at all about a mistake that has not happened yet.
Heres the thing, next season he could easily go to Storm & not play his best footy, we have Jake & Sao in the starting 17 & everyone is shocked at the amazing potential with young Jake being touted as a representative chance for City origin.
Yes would love big G staying but don't want to hide a 2nd book to do it & have to agree with Tooves & staffs tough decision to look after these young guns.

It is absurd to say it is a blunder to not re-sign George. Who would we lose if we kept him is more to the point. The day we start taking recruitment advice from this genius is the day our fortunes start to wane.

The sad fact is we have to start rebuilding the team pending the retirements of our playing group (Choc, Stewarts, Lyon etc). Kitey and George have suffered as a result - we don't want to end up like the Aust cricket team when all the greats retire at once and a massive hole is left that takes years to fill.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
. Who would we lose if we kept him is more to the point.

Id say we would have lost Kingy whose on much higher salary and doesn't come close to Roses impact. Especially not his last couple of seasons.

you watch him have the game of his life this sunday night,he,ll leave nothing in the tank,and watch MARIA Hargreaves single him out,do so at your own peril Maria,George will be even more pumped

Dee Why Eagle said:
From Phil Rothfield:

MANLY have made few mistakes since Geoff Toovey took over from Des Hasler as the Sea Eagles coach.

The one blunder is not signing cult-hero front-rower George Rose on a new contract.

Like at all clubs, salary cap pressure left the Sea Eagles in an impossible position to keep the jolly giant at Brookvale.

His finals form has been outstanding and his explosive charges will be missed in 2014.

Melbourne Storm have got a great buy.

Says it's a blunder by Manly to let Rose go then states then in the next paragraph states that it would be impossible for Manly to actually keep him.

Oh Rothfool, never change please retire.

Sweet smell of success so close for Rose
October 3, 2013 Daniel Lane

George Rose speaks about his part in the Manly Sea Eagles and what he expects in the upcoming finals clash with the Sydney Roosters.

On Sunday morning George Rose III will wake late, eat a breakfast befitting a king and rest before fuelling up on sweet potato and chicken to prepare himself - spare tyre, love handles and all - for a red, white and blue barricade of muscle.

As Melbourne-bound Rose's farewell game for his beloved Sea Eagles, it's expected he'll fulfil his vow to leave the stadium spent of all energy when he's sent out to create havoc.

''The Roosters are a great team, they deserve the minor premiership,'' he said. ''They're going to put up a massive fight … they showed that in the first semi against us [the Roosters won 4-0] when we couldn't break their line.

''All I've got to do is come on the field for 20 minutes or so and empty out my tank; run hard, tackle hard and try and bring a bit of energy to the team. I try to spark the team when I get on and try and keep the momentum going.''

South Sydney superstar Greg Inglis, who couldn't help but laugh when he denied big George from scoring a try in last week's preliminary final, credited their friendship as the reason he'll support Manly on Sunday. ''He's a hard bloke to tackle, definitely,'' Inglis said. ''For a big bloke he has amazing ball skills. I think his going to Melbourne under [coach] Craig Bellamy will do him the world of good.''

Rose isn't the stereotypical footballer. He studies commerce at university; topped the state in a mathematics test; he's a host on the indigenous television program Barefoot; an ambassador for indigenous programs, while his bloodlines are steeped in folklore. His grandfather, George I, left an indelible footprint in the 1960s when, along with football star turned activist Charles Perkins and others, he protested about not being able to drink at Walgett's Returned Servicemen's Leagues Club despite his military service because of the racial divide in the frontier town.

On his mother's side, his great-great-great-great grandfather James ''Charles'' Whalan was credited as the first European to sight the Jenolan Caves while he tracked the bushranger James McKeown. He has relatives throughout outback NSW making their mark, including cousin Mandy George, who, at 25, is coach of Australia's national under-17 hockey team. His brothers Matthew, who organises Aboriginal league tournaments, and Trent - both halves - and cousins play bush footy.

He's familiar with tragedy, too. When he was 10 his father, George II, nicknamed ''Pepe'' because his lush moustache made him look more Mexican than Aborigine, died of a heart attack four minutes into a touch footy game. His grandmother and grandfather on his mum's side died within the next 20 months while the family's house was destroyed by fire and then flood. Pepe, a second-rower who played in Walgett, Dubbo and Bathurst until his mid-30s, was an achiever: the first Aborigine on the Narrabri Council and the first to run a CES office, but dead at 40. Sometimes the resemblance her son bears to him can make match day a struggle for his mum, Cherie.

''His father played the game very hard too,'' she said. ''It brings a tear to my eye because I know he'd be proud to see George.''

His uncle Royce George, who stood with another uncle Craig in the guard of honour formed by the fathers of the players when the Sea Eagles ran out to play a few seasons ago because of their impact on George III's life, said the prop rose to the top despite the odds.

''Always going to do something with his life,'' Royce said. ''He held the 100 metre record at Kelso High and was an absolute brainwave. My mother thought everything came too easily to George and he could get bored too quick. He did all the advanced subjects at school, and if it wasn't sport he'd do well in other fields.''

Cherie agreed things do come easily to her boy, including the time he broke a record for the shot put but it didn't count because it was a warm-up throw.

''George never over-exerted himself. He's done things because he's liked doing them and it's the same with rugby league,'' she said. ''I'm proud but, yes, I think he could achieve more [in footy]. He takes life at his own pace but has so much natural ability, he's lucky.

''People talk about his size but they're not out there doing what he is. It can be upsetting. I bite my tongue, but not all the time … As the mother of someone playing in the NRL you have to expect it.

''In his final match at Brookvale the crowd started chanting 'Georgie, Georgie' and I was emotional, because it was nice and I thought he deserved that.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sweet-smell-of-success-so-close-for-rose-20131002-2usvz.html#ixzz2gaxddYJn

Push It Up and get that bling Gorgeous! - you will always be loved at Brookie :angel::heart:

Give me GRIII over RGIII any day!

robert-griffin-iii-op5n-2925-rawcovfinal.jpg

Pity the players who have to chair him around for the lap of honour....Tuff gig after a hard Grand Final win.

I see Rose is good at school and studying commerce at uni. Don't King and Lawrence also have degrees? We have a very educated front row, bookends indeed.

Rose, Lawrence and king are a bloody disgrace. Should be kicked out of the front rowers union.
Imagine props having a degree that's outrageous.

Seriously he's a great guy and has deserved his cult following at manly. He showed so much courage to come back from that broken leg.

HappilyManly said:

George Rose speaks about his part in the Manly Sea Eagles and what he expects in the upcoming finals clash with the Sydney Roosters.

On Sunday morning George Rose III will wake late, eat a breakfast befitting a king and rest before fuelling up on sweet potato and chicken to prepare himself - spare tyre, love handles and all - for a red, white and blue barricade of muscle.

As Melbourne-bound Rose's farewell game for his beloved Sea Eagles, it's expected he'll fulfil his vow to leave the stadium spent of all energy when he's sent out to create havoc.

''The Roosters are a great team, they deserve the minor premiership,'' he said. ''They're going to put up a massive fight … they showed that in the first semi against us [the Roosters won 4-0] when we couldn't break their line.

''All I've got to do is come on the field for 20 minutes or so and empty out my tank; run hard, tackle hard and try and bring a bit of energy to the team. I try to spark the team when I get on and try and keep the momentum going.''

South Sydney superstar Greg Inglis, who couldn't help but laugh when he denied big George from scoring a try in last week's preliminary final, credited their friendship as the reason he'll support Manly on Sunday. ''He's a hard bloke to tackle, definitely,'' Inglis said. ''For a big bloke he has amazing ball skills. I think his going to Melbourne under [coach] Craig Bellamy will do him the world of good.''

Rose isn't the stereotypical footballer. He studies commerce at university; topped the state in a mathematics test; he's a host on the indigenous television program Barefoot; an ambassador for indigenous programs, while his bloodlines are steeped in folklore. His grandfather, George I, left an indelible footprint in the 1960s when, along with football star turned activist Charles Perkins and others, he protested about not being able to drink at Walgett's Returned Servicemen's Leagues Club despite his military service because of the racial divide in the frontier town.

On his mother's side, his great-great-great-great grandfather James ''Charles'' Whalan was credited as the first European to sight the Jenolan Caves while he tracked the bushranger James McKeown. He has relatives throughout outback NSW making their mark, including cousin Mandy George, who, at 25, is coach of Australia's national under-17 hockey team. His brothers Matthew, who organises Aboriginal league tournaments, and Trent - both halves - and cousins play bush footy.

He's familiar with tragedy, too. When he was 10 his father, George II, nicknamed ''Pepe'' because his lush moustache made him look more Mexican than Aborigine, died of a heart attack four minutes into a touch footy game. His grandmother and grandfather on his mum's side died within the next 20 months while the family's house was destroyed by fire and then flood. Pepe, a second-rower who played in Walgett, Dubbo and Bathurst until his mid-30s, was an achiever: the first Aborigine on the Narrabri Council and the first to run a CES office, but dead at 40. Sometimes the resemblance her son bears to him can make match day a struggle for his mum, Cherie.

''His father played the game very hard too,'' she said. ''It brings a tear to my eye because I know he'd be proud to see George.''

His uncle Royce George, who stood with another uncle Craig in the guard of honour formed by the fathers of the players when the Sea Eagles ran out to play a few seasons ago because of their impact on George III's life, said the prop rose to the top despite the odds.

''Always going to do something with his life,'' Royce said. ''He held the 100 metre record at Kelso High and was an absolute brainwave. My mother thought everything came too easily to George and he could get bored too quick. He did all the advanced subjects at school, and if it wasn't sport he'd do well in other fields.''

Cherie agreed things do come easily to her boy, including the time he broke a record for the shot put but it didn't count because it was a warm-up throw.

''George never over-exerted himself. He's done things because he's liked doing them and it's the same with rugby league,'' she said. ''I'm proud but, yes, I think he could achieve more [in footy]. He takes life at his own pace but has so much natural ability, he's lucky.

''People talk about his size but they're not out there doing what he is. It can be upsetting. I bite my tongue, but not all the time … As the mother of someone playing in the NRL you have to expect it.

''In his final match at Brookvale the crowd started chanting 'Georgie, Georgie' and I was emotional, because it was nice and I thought he deserved that.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sweet-smell-of-success-so-close-for-rose-20131002-2usvz.html#ixzz2gaxddYJn

Push It Up and get that bling Gorgeous! - you will always be loved at Brookie :angel::heart:

Stuff me- I got a tear in my eye.
Go whack em big fella and show money bill and maria what tough really means

Go manly said:
HappilyManly said:

Stuff me- I got a tear in my eye.
Go whack em big fella and show money bill and maria what tough really means

You are not alone there

George Rose the Manly Sea Eagle who shows a lot of guts

Grantlee Kieza The Courier-Mail

ALL morning the 116kg of compressed flesh squeezed into George Rose's pants was bursting to be free.

With a harsh ripping sound it finally escaped inside the church at the wedding of his Manly teammate Anthony Watmough.

Rose has made his name as an impact player but his tightly packed trousers just could not couldn’t handle all that stress on Watmough’s wedding day this year and they finally ruptured at the seam down the backside.

He tells the story without a hint of embarrassment.

Splits in the trousers can be something of a hazard when you live life on the wide side and there was “Gorgeous George’’ again last weekend pushing the stretched fabric of his shorts to the outer limits of their endurance as he barged toward the Souths line like Moby Dick on the rampage.

Desperately, the Rabbitohs defence flipped Rose on to onto his back and as the Manly prop went big belly-up belly up you half expected Greg Inglis to call out: “Come on guys, help us get him back in the water.’’

Rose has become a fan favourite because, amid a sea of buff bodies fuelled by hours and hours of weight training, kilolitres of protein shakes and whatever else is floating around rugby league these days, he proves that a bloke with love handles and a spare tyre can still reach the top.

League has had portly players before – Glenn Lazarus, Mark Tookey, Owen Craigie and Mark Riddell among them – and from the time Arthur Beetson came on for half a game against England in 1966 he never went hungry.

When dual international Ken “Killer’’ Kearney was on the 1952 Kangaroo tour to England, teammates were gobsmacked as the fat, slow hooker regularly waddled down to the Ilkley hotel’s kitchen, took a loaf of unsliced bread, ripped out its guts, filled the crater with condensed milk and wolfed down the lot.

Rose is built along the same lines as another heavy hitter, Babe Ruth.

“The Babe’’ would breakfast on bourbon and ginger ale and once downed 12 hot dogs and eight bottles of soft drink in between a double-header. It was rocket fuel for him though, as he hit a baseball harder, higher and further than anyone ever.

Weight has not been an anchor for many sporting greats.

Before cricketer Shane Warne discovered fake hair, a smile so white it can blind the unwary and a waistline, his fondness for baked beans and pizza prompted fears from medical experts his diet could cause brain malfunctions and scurvy. He took 708 Test wickets, though.

Warnie’s teammate, Merv Hughes, was also a big fat nightmare for batsmen around the world and England’s big-bellied “Ollie” Milburn scored 180 in a single session at the Gabba playing for Western Australia against Queensland in 1968-69.

Ian Botham, Colin Cowdrey, “Fat Cat’’ Ritchie, David Boon, Rodney Marsh, Arjuna Ranatunga and Bermuda’s Dwayne “Sluggo’’ Leverock all excelled at the buffet.

Australia’s Warwick Armstrong weighed 63kg when he made his Test debut in 1902 and 140kg when he retired two decades later.

The 152kg William Perry, aka “The Refrigerator’’, made a sudden impact in American football in the 1980s on a seafood diet — the more you see the more you eat — while South Australian tuna fisherman Dean Lukin went the other way, shedding 60kg from the huge body that won weightlifting gold at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games.

In golf, John Daly won a couple of majors on cheeseburgers. Craig Stadler wasn’t called “The Walrus’’ for washboard abs.

Tim Cahill and David Beckham became the templates for the modern world game soccer player but more than a century ago 150kg goalkeeper Fatty Foulke led Sheffield United to three English FA Cup finals.

He was a lightweight compared to the 270kg sumo star Konishiki Yasokichi but about the same weight as American boxer Eric Esch, who had a “flab-ulous’’ career under the fighting name “Butterbean’’.

He This wobbling, walloping tub of lard went the distance with all-time great Larry Holmes but was not as good as the best fat fighter of all time, “Two Ton’’ Tony Galento, a beer keg on legs.

Fat Tony played a heavy in the Marlon Brando movie On The Waterfront and decked world champ Joe Louis at Yankee Stadium in 1939.

He smoked and drank during training and refused to shower in the weeks before a fight, believing his toxic body odour was as dangerous as a left hook loaded with 110kg.

Among the players in Sunday’s grand final hungry for success, George Rose obviously takes the cake — and I’m tipping the sausage rolls and vanilla slices as well.

In Rose’s case, he will farewell Manly after the game, bound for the patisseries and pie shops of Melbourne’s Chapel St.

He wants to leave Brookvale Oval with a bang, saying with a laugh, that he might even score a length of the field try against the Sydney Roosters.

Whatever happens he will remain something of a cult hero for his ton of guts and for giving every bloke reluctant to take off his shirt at the beach someone to cheer.

“I never claimed to be an athlete,’’ George Rose says, patting himself on the stomach, “I’m a footballer.’’

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/george-rose-the-manly-sea-eagle-who-shows-a-lot-of-guts/story-e6frf3ou-1226732100590#ixzz2ggr4dfAt

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4