Rose On Way Out Of Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he goes it will be the choice of management, salary cap is not always too blame but a palatable excuse
Georgie would not be commanding big money. The salary cap from what I understand has not even being fully confirmed for 2014.
Hopefully he will stay. He is certainly handy at the moment.

It's very unfortunate to say the least but I suspect, Toovey never had any intention of resigning him. The fact they signed Starling means they had some money for a prop.... just not George.

Disappointing.... I think we'll miss him next year.

If the vision is to have the fastest & most durable team in the NRL in a couple of years from now then these are the sorts of changes you should expect.

Wolfpack said:
King
Lawrence
Fa'aoso
Sao
Starling

At the very least we have those players in the front row for next year. Rose signed his current deal when he was playing outstanding & being talked about as a possible NSW player so it's likely quite a bit higher than what he would actually get on the open market.

It'd be nice to keep Rose but we can't. It's really not the end of the world.

Add Tyson Andrews from the Mackay Cutters to that list.

bones said:
Wolfpack said:
King
Lawrence
Fa'aoso
Sao
Starling

At the very least we have those players in the front row for next year. Rose signed his current deal when he was playing outstanding & being talked about as a possible NSW player so it's likely quite a bit higher than what he would actually get on the open market.

It'd be nice to keep Rose but we can't. It's really not the end of the world.

Add Tyson Andrews from the Mackay Cutters to that list.
From what i have seen of Iron Mike Tyson Andrews he will make a Dynamic starting prop along with Lawrence .Add King, Fa'aoso, Starling, Sao and we are looking good feathered friends .

Sheikheagle said:
I think horo is keen to stay

i hope he does stay, but i believe he only signed a 1 year deal in the hope of earning a better deal the next year. so if true his price will increase also.

IMO King needs to retire to the courtroom for the good of the club, 3 years and 3 season ending injuries, on the good for King side he wouldn't want to risk a brain injury with the future he's making for himself,might need a shoulder tapping

I have a lot of faith in Sao and Trobjevic stepping up.

Look, i love Rose but its time for a bit of rejuvenation in the forwards

swoop said:
We will be going through a rebuilding period over the next few seasons but why should any of us complain. We've been spoilt and have had a dominant team for a decade.

So if we lose a few players so be it. I think we have a professional recruitment and retention team that will keep us as a top 8 team.

We've been rebuilding since BK left. Each year has bought it's cries of 'where will the next [insert top player leaving] come from'.

Kennedy, Hicks, Monaghan, Orford, Perry, Menzies, Robertson, as well as a host of solid first graders leaving, means we've had a regular turnover of 4-5 first grade players per year since the rebuild saw results.

That we still continue to play finals is a testament to the manner in which we've rebuilt each time to remain competitive, and not fallen to the depths that the likes of the Dogs, Roosters, Parra, Broncos and Dragons have over the last decade, in the shadow of a premiership or successful period.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6