Rose, Mauro and Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tonight it was a blessing in disguise with Choc getting injured and leaving Rose out as we had cover for Choc in Mauro. Plays his heart out and does the hard metres with a lot of tackling.

Lussick is a bit more expansive in his play and Rose is just hard metres. It just really depends on what kind of makeup Toovs wants on his bench, but I can understand why Rose was rested tonight. I think the bench looks a lot more balanced with Mauro in the side.

The question for mine is do you go with raw metres and less minutes with Rose or go with more style and aggression in Lussick.

Chip and Chase said:
Did we ever get a reason as to why George was on the outer at the start of the season and spent all that time in reggies. Was it a fitness thing or attitude/discipline reason ?

Pretty sure George did a interview mid year and said that Tooves wanted him to work on his fitness in the lower grades to start the season. At first he was pretty pissed off, but he took it on the chin and knew he would fight his way back. For mine he gets a bench spot, and flip a coin each week for Mauro and Lussick

Darcy can be a liabilty too often for mine.

Vic all the way, especially in the finals.
I think Des and the Dogs would prefer Darcy play. Ennis would be licking his lips at the prospect of niggling him all game.

Missing out on a "real" ring last year may be the inpsiration Lussick needs to put togther a big finals campaign. He sure isn't going to see one at Parra for a while.

a fresh George against the dogs is what we need, he's good mates with Barba so he'll have a good fire in the belly to really put in, so hopefully it was a rest with that in mind. Mauro has earned himself a spot the last fortnight, Lussick has stepped up as well, but for mine, he's the one to miss out.

Vic and rose are pretty balanced bench. We wouldn't lose much with Lussick but I think his best is a few years off-except he is off to Parra so he may never reach his best.

seaeagledave said:
I rate Mauro above both Rose and Lussick. Very rare for him to miss a tackle or give away a penalty.
I rate Mauro as well but unlike Rose and Lussick its also very rare for Mauro to come up with a big play

We've got Killer, Snake, Foran, DCE, Gift, Matai, Choc, T-Rex, JT, Ballin, Kite and Buhrer to look after the big plays,. How many do we need ???I'm happy to take Mauro on the basis of making tackles and making metres.

1. Mauro = first choice for machine like reliability.
2. Lussick = for fitness and like breaking ability.

For me its Lussick and Rose. Mauro doesn't offer us enough carrying the ball and is too easily dominated, those sorts of runs can have flow on effects on the rest of the set of six. Lussick and Rose are much better ball carriers and are better at getting us out of trouble and laying a foundation for the next play the ball.

Lussick has also really tightened up his game of late, very few errors and he hits like a truck and is more versatile than Mauro. If King or Kite were to go down Lussick is a much better proposition to take over than Mauro.

No one can doubt Mauro's effort but in terms of quality he is below the other 2 imo.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Being big doesn't mean you are unfit

He played 60mins easily when needed to 2 weeks back

I never said he was too big. He used to be a favourite of mine KE. I watch him closely during games and he struggles to get back into the line quickly enough. I love big boppers like him so long as they can back it up in defence.

Also, I doubt he could play 60 minutes "easily". He may have done it because he had to but I'm sure if you asked him he wouldn't say it was easy!

Kiwi Eagle said:
He wouldn't have said it was easy coz he did it with a broken snorkel ;)

Maybe the pain of the broken snoz masked the fact that he was buggered at the time. Could be on to something there. Smash his nose every time he plays!

I'm wondering if the broken nose was the reason he didn't play on Saturday.

Masked Eagle said:
For me its Lussick and Rose. Mauro doesn't offer us enough carrying the ball and is too easily dominated, those sorts of runs can have flow on effects on the rest of the set of six. Lussick and Rose are much better ball carriers and are better at getting us out of trouble and laying a foundation for the next play the ball.

Lussick has also really tightened up his game of late, very few errors and he hits like a truck and is more versatile than Mauro. If King or Kite were to go down Lussick is a much better proposition to take over than Mauro.

No one can doubt Mauro's effort but in terms of quality he is below the other 2 imo.

Agree!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8