Roosters v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles @Allianz Stadium Sunday game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, the correct spin is that we need to improve and do better in many areas.

However I have noticed that Toovey has brought a fresh approach to media duties. He appears (gasp) somewhat candid and open. Maybe the players are influenced by this. In the modern NRL it is obvious that injuries and suspensions have a huge impact on a team's fortunes. I didn't hear Foran's interview but I doubt he meant it as an excuse. It is just a fact of life.

You also got to remember that injuries happen to every team and its the teams who deal with it the best who seem to be there at the end of the year. We have had our fair share but at the end of the day its a squad of 25 or so players who all train together and all know the game plans and the structures and do the video work and so on. Look at the melb storm how if one player goes down another slots in and knows the game plan and just does his job and relies on the rest of the team to do theirs so the plan works, i hope Tooves isnt bringing in too much of a "relaxed" approach because soon players will start clocking off with preparation and good preparation is very important coming into ANY game in the NRL, This is what dessie used to do so well.

You assume Toovey does not know all this? Interesting.

Last year the team's performance was close to the most consistent I can ever recall from a Manly side, even compared with some of the great teams of the past. When we lost it was by very little. However, think back to our performances in 2009 and 2010. We still had the master coach back then but the performances were not of a uniform high standard.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Last year the team's performance was close to the most consistent I can ever recall from a Manly side, even compared with some of the great teams of the past. When we lost it was by very little. However, think back to our performances in 2009 and 2010. We still had the master coach back then but the performances were not of a uniform high standard.

Correct....good years in 2007-08...average years (by the Dogslers standard) in 2009-10, then a great year in 2011.

Apart from the injuries the loss of Hoppa Jnr and especially "Mr Reliable" in Robbo has certainly hurt us this year.

In 2011 we were very consistant, but we aslo had very few injuries, very few suspensions and a VERY talented group of plyers.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Well when you actually think about it 09' wasnt as bad as people say... I think from memory we finished 5th by the end rd 26 (and could have finished top 4 if other results went our way the last couple rds) and we exited the race to B2B titles because we were beaten by a storm team that was found to be cheating AND because para (team 8) beat the dragons (team 1) in that run to the GF, with all the **** that happen the start of the year with snake and the season launch and loosing the first 5 or 6 games i actually think we did O.K.

And season 2010 we were in it for the majority of the season until just before the finals when it felt like we had lost half our team to injury or suspension. I think the master coach did a good job under both curcumstances.

Stevo said:
I love how fans who have nothing to do with the club other than being fans can comment on the attitude of the playing group as though they are somehow well informed on the subject.

What. They can't have an opinion?

Just a thought.

I'm not silly enough to do it myself but it would be really funny if someone could organise to chuck chook eggs into the chook pen every time they celebrate something. That'd mess a few of their days up, which is all they deserve.

Duff said:
Just a thought.

I'm not silly enough to do it myself but it would be really funny if someone could organise to chuck chook eggs into the chook pen every time they celebrate something. That'd mess a few of their days up, which is all they deserve.

All five of them.

Indeed Cam.

So to any young, impressionable scallys out there. You'd be very cool if you did this.

Maybe chuck a rorters supporter into traffic on your way to the ground for a giggle too.

Duff said:
Indeed Cam.

So to any young, impressionable scallys out there. You'd be very cool if you did this.

Maybe chuck a rorters supporter into traffic on your way to the ground for a giggle too.
I wonder who takes up more seats
The chook pen or the Queensland labour opposition.

Cameron said:
Duff said:
Indeed Cam.

I wont bite on that. I think it's great that Qld labor got smashed. Fairness & reason have no place in redneck land. It's all about me me me & my gun up there.

The chook pen is always a strange one. How can so many people of obviously common breeding (and i mean common in the most condescending manner) come from the wealthiest area in the country? Conundrum.

Duff said:
Cameron said:
Duff said:
Indeed Cam.

I wont bite on that. I think it's great that Qld labor got smashed. Fairness & reason have no place in redneck land. It's all about me me me & my gun up there.

The chook pen is always a strange one. How can so many people of obviously common breeding (and i mean common in the most condescending manner) come from the wealthiest area in the country? Conundrum.
I don't think they do mate. My friend Di is a roosters fan and she flys down occasionally for games and most of them in the pen come from central coast, minto, penrith and the shire

They have nothing on the the old Bears. I was once in their underground supporters vault at North Leagues after a game and it was the biggest collection of toothless interbred rabble assembled in one place, rivalling the hills of Alabama :D

This game will be a good test of styles. The roosters have a big strong pack and not much else. They'll try to rumble down the middle all afternoon and hope to get lucky with Pearce's kicks to the corners. It will be interesting to watch Perret and how keen he is to get involved. It may be a good tactic to kick to him often to wear him out.

We've got enough big guys to match them but I'd like to see them shift the ball wide as often as possible. Then turning the runners infield to catch out the tired inside defenders. Probably more than anything else I'd like to see a really good kick chase. If they can pin them deep in their own end and force their forwards to turn and get back onside time and again, it should open up gaps everywhere.

Go Manly!

To say we are terribly out of form is a little harsh. Last week we were under the pump and down 12 nil, and in typical Manly style came roaring back with three tries in no time against the best defense in the league - it was a little disappointing how we gave up the lead and also not to continue down the left Edge were Foran was causing havoc, we only went there again late in the match and went into a bit of a shell in that second half. Foran is right, how can you build combinations when you cant field a full strength side, especially in the halves. Did you note he mentioned that himself, Glen and Rex hadn't played together since rd 1.... I think they have done well with the loss of the super stars on the sidelines, and Foran acknowledged the team has a LOT of improvement left in the them and knows with some hard work and luck with injuries they'll be a real force come finals time. This Manly side would never be complacent and are as professional outfit as any and i think we have a great chance to go back to back. To good thing is we still have half the season to go and are no were near our best, the goal now is to finish in the top 4 and once the finals start it's a whole new game. Whoever can go into August with a full strength side and momentum will make it to September. Massive game tomorrow with our best player Gifty out, but i think we'll get home in a close one! Big game from choc and foran

I would love this to finally be the week the boys break out and win by 20+ - but I'll happily take a 1-point win on the stroke of full-time ...

We need a score and a good one. It's looking like for and against could well decide positions on the ladder and we need as many big wins as possible.

(I did my ladder predictor, and has us, Brisbane and the Dogs ALL finishing on 38 points - having an 80 points worse differential at the moment means we finished 4th)

Some of us are meeting for pre match drinks at the Bavarian Bier Cafe in fox studios tomorrow at around 12.15 for anyone interested in joining us.

Love those massive beers at the Bavarian Bier Cafe.....got myself rightly pissed there before the Brisbane semi game last year.

Have a great day guys

Manlybacker I always found the Bears supporters to be a bunch (small) of leather elbowed, boat shoe wearing poseurs. They've all (never many), drifted across to the 'Tahs' bench.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2