Roosters Spoke to Beaver During the Week???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

paski_10

I heard something quite disturbing. During the week the Roosters apparently approached Beaver and had a chat to him about playing with them next season.

I heard he responded how we'd all expect - that he could never play against the maroon and white - which is good to hear.

My concern is, however, if Menzies is adament about playing next year, I would hate if we pissed Beaver off enough, that he may think or say, "well I really want to play, if you (Manly) aren't going to sign me I will sign at a rival club. I'd hate to see him put on another jersey. Not probable but possible.

I think he has earned the right for Manly to accomodate him or at least try to as best as possible. He showed total loyalty by re-signing with Manly when he was fielding bigger offers from Parra and the Roosters earlier in his career. If he really wants to play, I know its easier said than done, but we have to repay that loyalty.

Thoughts?

I agree he's earnt another year if we can afford him, I have 100% faith in the fact he wouldn't ask for another year if he didnt think he had it in him.

His last game of professional rugby league should be for Manly. Not over in the old dart. Bring him home.

I always felt a bit uncomfortable that Des finished his career at the Magpies, but that would be nothing compared to Beaver finishing his career at the Roosters!

First question:

How the **** are you fitting such a strong roster under the cap next season? And then try add bever.

GET HIM BACK !!!!! at least his professionalism and experience is more valuable than some of the crap that was dished out this year....

I'm sure Beaver would accept $150k for another season..somehow we need to offload 1 or 2 certain players and so we can fit Beaver under the cap...makes me wonder where our $300k for a long serving player is going next year??

MadMarcus link said:
I always felt a bit uncomfortable that Des finished his career at the Magpies, but that would be nothing compared to Beaver finishing his career at the Roosters!
He came back to Manly after that and was on the bench in the 96 Grand Final if my memory was right.

Flip link said:
First question:

How the f**k are you fitting such a strong roster under the cap next season? And then try add bever.

Coz the Roosters don't really have a cap and neither to St George and the Bulldogs

eelcatcher link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=185265.msg293473#msg293473 date=1284263832]
First question:

How the f**k are you fitting such a strong roster under the cap next season? And then try add bever.

Coz the Roosters don't really have a cap and neither to St George and the Bulldogs
[/quote]

Easts can buy all our players if they really wanted too :)
A new ford in the driveway, paid appearances on the footy show and other ch9 programs, the cheapest possible home loans (thx Mark Bouris) a freezer full of chicken and don't forget the pre loaded cash available in the players full tilt poker account.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=185265.msg293472#msg293472 date=1284263702]
He came back to Manly after that and was on the bench in the 96 Grand Final if my memory was right.
[/quote]

I thought he played for the Magpies AFTER the 96 GF??

Yeh that's how I remember it. Des came back to Manly in 1996 from a stint in England I think. He wanted to keep playing, but we didn't table and offer, so he went to Western Suburbs and finished up there.

We lost our greatest player, Bob Fulton, to Easts, and then another champion, Paul Vautin to them.
We've lost the hyphenator and lami and now Costigan (Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles).
Not Beaver. No, no, no, no no.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6