1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roosters Lineup

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Jatz Crackers, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Roosters

1. Anthony Minichiello
    2. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
    3. Brent Grose
    4. Sia Soliola
    5. Sam Perrett
    6. Braith Anasta
    7. Mitchell Pearce
    8. Mark O'Meley
    9. Riley Brown
    10. David Shillington
    11. Lopini Paea
    12. Setaimata Sa
    13. Mitchell Aubusson

14. Mickey Paea
    15. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
    16. Anthony Cherrington
    17. James Aubusson
    18. Steve Meredith

2. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Mini is back hey.

Sounds an ironic time to say it but I hope he stays injury free for a while now.

I am a huge fan of watching him play. Hopefully, he's quiet in his first game back though

3. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    still a pretty strong team - we'll have to be on to win this

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Watched them win last night.  Nothing special as the Tigers were woeful.  Toupou their most dangerous. As you all know they score most of their points from kicks.  We'll win easily. 

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    No Minichello would have been nice, however their forwards/bench don't look as big as threat if mason/fitzgibbon & myles were included

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Still a strong side, we have to be on our game

For me the key will be our line speed, if we come up quick, and hopefully cut off their metres up the middle, they won't be in a good enough position to take full advantage of Pearce and Anasta's kicking games

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Weird, I'm in agreement Kiwi.  Shutting down Anasta and Pearce is the key.  The Tigers did a reasonable job on those two last night but then dropped the ball or kicked woefully which didn't help their cause.  With 56% of the ball and all the field position they only won by 9.  The Robbie Farrah try said a lot about the in close line defense of the rorters so Watmough and Stewart should go well.  Orford has to step up for this one.     

8. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I think the Roosters will be hard to beat. Their back up back smashed Parra two weeks ago and we cannot afford to take them lightly. It will be wet which should help us though we don't have the same points potential without Snake. The mobility of our back row should help us. The Roosters will be pumped though as they lost the corresponding game in 2007 56-0, leading to Fitler's appointment.

9. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    it is an ok line-up from the Chooks. I think we will win and win easily - around 16 pts.

10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    We would be well advised to win this one. We play them again in 7 weeks and they will have some/all of those players back in the sqaud.

Agree to cramping the kicking game of anasta/pearce.....they will be planning to kick to Bell. also watch anasta run on the last late in each half. Usually when in the middle of the park. He likes to score under the sticks through tired forwards.