Roosters chasing Stewarts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Perhaps we should give Brett and Glenn the benefit of the doubt until we hear something official instead of listening to the ramblings of a demented wannabe journo, who is really only Gods gift to lonely cats.

hypothetical time. If Brett and glenn leave will it still be due to des? Or the board ?

lsz said:
hypothetical time. If Brett and glenn leave will it still be due to des? Or the board ?

Please don't ask :s

eagles2win said:
Another one is when they're up for contract who would you renew Foran or the Stewart Brothers?
Ideally all 3. It's too early to try to say one way or the other but you'd like to think we could keep them all.

Daddycool said:
eagles2win said:
Another one is when they're up for contract who would you renew Foran or the Stewart Brothers?
Ideally all 3. It's too early to try to say one way or the other but you'd like to think we could keep them all.

I like to think that by that time Harrison and some else ease there way into the side and we keep Foran

We just have too get used to these type of stories until guys start putting pens to new contracts. Everyone knows is tough to keep successful squads together and when you through in the type of turmoil that's happened to us, and to them its hardly surprising.

lsz said:

Or the dollars!

eagles2win said:

If it came down to a choice of one I'd take Glenn.

Peter C said:
mickqld said:
So we have an allegation that 3 clubs are out there trying to induce contracted players to break their contract. I wonder if it was Manly trying to induce a player under these circumstances the Daily Telesewer would be screaming headlines demanding Gallop do something against us wouldn't they. Isn't it against the NRL rules to induce players to break existing contracts. Ohh amazing how now Des has left Manly he is now classed as a Super Coach.What another piece of trash from that gutter rag.

If these guys want to go, let them go, I'm sick of all of this, Manly has treated both brothers well and it's about time they show some loyalty to who has paid them over the last ten years, and it wasn't Ha$ler.

Could not agree more. No 2 players have been better treated by their clubs than these 2...at the first sign of trouble now this. Its their right but its still a bit on the nose in my opinion. Its not just Des who supported them....it wasnt out of Des pocket Brett was made the highest paid spectator in the game for 2 1/2 years. Make them fair offers. If they walk I say dont let the door hit you on the way out.

They are both aging - I would be much more annoyed if Lussick left anyway. Losing players with more tomorrows than yesterdays always hurts more and to me the Stewarts arent in that boat...Brett even more so than Glenn despite his age.

I hope that when it comes to contract negoitiations , that Toovs has a lot to do with it . I get a distinct feeling that Perry is on the nose with some players. Especially the Stewie brothers , considering their strong bonds with Zorba , and Des.

MB59 said:
eagles2win said:

If it came down to a choice of one I'd take Glenn.

That's foolish at his age, Foran has around 13 years left, Gift has 5

with Snake thats anyones guess

I will dislike them if they go anywhere but ESL

But there is a player much more important and he wears the 7 jersey

He is this generations Toovey/Joey/Thurston, if we lose him I think id cry myself to sleep as we miss the 8 repeatedly

My belief is we will have both Stewwies forever, as well as Choc,Bhurer,DCE and Foran, however Tooves might need to pull a Bellamy/Hasler and make some <Deleted> play well, Lussick is a manly fan and I don't see him leaving either,Wolf could go either way, Lyon and King are most likely on their last contract with us as is Kite

Ever notice how the players noone cares much for (Mauro,Robinson, Harrison) contracts don't make a single mention? I'd like to know about whats the go with these blokes and their contracts

From Rugby league Week twitter

Sydney Roosters deny any communication with the Stewart brothers. They say they are focusing their policy of youth development. #NRL

Berkeley_Eagle said:
From Rugby league Week twitter

Sydney Roosters deny any communication with the Stewart brothers. They say they are focusing their policy of youth development. #NRL

I'd say there are 2 lies in that statement, one being the first sentence and the other being the second.

To quote Chopper Read, "You'd do well to look at the motives behind them saying something like that"

Peter C said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Can any of you remember the days - not all that long ago - when no-one wanted to poach our players. Trust me, we don't want to go back there!
They were very dark days indeed.
I remember on one occasion we were so desperate for any talent, that we were waiting in anticipation for the signature of Ron Prince from Parramatta and he knocked us back. But we did manage to get Ashley Alberts from somewhere. let's not forget the Squasher.

And we almost snared 'future superstar' Joe Williams, who instead chose to stick with Souths.

Remember Big Dallas? We went to court with Souths in 2003. We won the battle for him against the Rabbits, and then he moved on in 04 without even getting a start in the NRL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4