Rooster Shillington accuses Broncos of dirty play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Rooster Shillington accuses Broncos of dirty play

ROOSTERS prop Anthony Shillington last night branded Brisbane's forwards "dirty little grubs" and declared his side would extract revenge if given another shot at the Broncos this year.
The finals kicked off in brutal style at the SFS last night - and there was no let-up in the Roosters sheds as Shillington took aim at "cheap shotters" Michael Ennis and Corey Parker. The Roosters enforcer debilitated Parker with what was arguably the hit of the season in the 37th minute before revealing his motivation to The Daily Telegraph.
"They were dirty little grubs, Ennis and Parker," Shillington said. "We were copping all the cheap shots out there - elbows to the head, our faces held down.
"I hate playing Brisbane now. I used to really enjoy playing them, but they've had a change in personnel. All the upstanding blokes like Webcke and Civoniceva are gone.
"They are all cheap-shotters now. I think Benny Elias was a bit like Ennis. Good luck to him, but we aren't just going to take it."
Pumped up like they'd been invited to a Mr Universe convention, the Roosters produced more big hits than Whacko Jacko in the first half.
Mark O'Meley led the way, his chrome dome bearing down on Broncos forwards like a bowling ball into tenpins. The first to fall was Joel Clinton after just three minutes. Clinton accepted a hospital pass - no, a morgue pass - from Ennis, before being sent into rigor mortis by O'Meley's shoulder.
It was a thunderous start to September, a signal more reliable than the budding flowers and warmer days that spring has finally sprung. Clinton staggered off, but the Roosters continued hitting like a mother who had lost control of her wooden spoon. O'Meley smashed Ennis in the 12th minute, drawing blood for added effect.
But the best came just before halftime when Shillington obliterated Parker. Brut Big Hit of the Year right there. Give that man's underarms a lifetime supply of deodorant.
Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett implored his men needed to "stand up" to the Roosters, who he later claimed were "taking guys out off the ball". But Shillington insisted Ennis and Parker crossed the line.
"All the dirty stuff started after Ogre's first hit," Shillington said. "My job is to back that up. It was good to feel that dominance."
Provided two of the top three ranked teams win this weekend, the Roosters will survive and Shillington is already counting on a sequel to last night's epic. "We're confident that if we meet them again we can definitely give it to them," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001023,00.html

Funny that one can watch the same match and come up with exactly the opposite view.  I saw plenty of crap play from the rorters last night.  Just watch how many times Fitzgibbon places his knee into the tackled player when getting up from the tackle, raised forearms seem to be the go with rorters ball carriers, swiviling their body on top of the tackled guy,and forward passes let go.  I thought they were lucky to be so close at full time.

Just more whining from Bondi Junction. Shillington has obviously been hanging around Mason too much, and has learnt the not so fine art of making excuses for being outplayed. Ennis is a bit of a grub, but lets face it Tupou and Anasta are just as catty. It was good to see Riley Brown get a healthy dose of karma for his cheap shot on Wing early in the year.

Yeah sure I saw OH'nearly knee a player in the guts
and a another bronco's player cop a knee in the face.
What about the head shot Myles gave.

Roosters were laying on a lot of late, cheap shots. Wallace got decked a number of times.

But Shillo is right on one thing - Ennis is the king grub these days.

Shillo is becoming a pretty good man for a quote these days though!!

LOL, old Shillo the Pillow firing up

I don't want our blokes in anything as physical as last nights match, but i want to see Matai and Perry laying blokes out as well !!!

Nah, the Roosters aren't a threat. Leave them in the comp. I'd be more worried to come up against the Warriors at this stage!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6