Rodney gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nice to see a good player getting a go in ESL rather than another NRL club. I hate to see former Manly players playing against us.

Pretty funny to see all the "i saw this coming" comments.

Cant wait for someone to dig up up their previous post predicting this outcome.

It would be a real shane to miss it.

Not his fault that he's made of plastic. If he was made of steel, we could probably never have afforded him in the first place.

Is he rejoining Clinton?

Sad news for the club...sad news indeed...ill miss watching my old teammate in our colors.....although I will still have one brother there (Buhrer and Rodney have a junior club in common for the less knowledged)

Clinton also came from said club, used to have a huge set of brakes on him meeting the line

DSM5 said:
Nice to see a good player getting a go in ESL rather than another NRL club. I hate to see former Manly players playing against us.

Totally agree, he's been a good purchase for us.

I suppose it frees up money to keep the likes of Buhrer, T-rex etc....

I reckon the club may also be on the lookout for a back up hooker with Seu Seu later later on his way out the doorsky. The money saved on Rodney and Mr Bye Bye will definitely come in handy and what about the money the club would have put aside when they were hoping to re-sign Hoppa?
I hope we don't have to let any more go but as we know, you can't keep them all.*

*Unless you are owned by News Ltd.

Rodney has been good for our club and if it wasn't for injury, I think he would have had a big impact on our season.

Sorry to see him go , but if it means we keep some of our up and comers, I'm glad to see him get a good payday in the UK.

i dont know where this leaves the club cap wise, but i wouldntt mind seeing Ben Ross join the club on a one year contract

I agree Shane Rodney was good for Manly. I thought he was about our best player last year, until his untimely injury. I hope this situation gives young James Cunningham an opportunity to play NRL next year, and see what he can do.

One of my favorite players. I know it's part of the game, and all that, but is really the reason I've lost interest in the game this year. The Churn is too high, and affinity like it used to be is gone.

I hope this means we can sign Tony Williams now, but he's also as likely to go as stay, as they all are these days. Even Matai considered leaving.

Hopoate / Rodney would have freed up some cap space.

Ryan said:
One of my favorite players. I know it's part of the game, and all that, but is really the reason I've lost interest in the game this year. The Churn is too high, and affinity like it used to be is gone.

Lame excuse mate. Face it, you've lost interest because you've had nothing to whine or rant about. Heck, we've been going so well I can't even remember the last time you felt the need for a YART :)

WAMF said:
Ryan said:

Lame excuse mate. Face it, you've lost interest because you've had nothing to whine or rant about. Heck, we've been going so well I can't even remember the last time you felt the need for a YART :)

No, it was more about guys like Dan, Doug, Mata and co. moving away, the forums deteriorating to MWSE.Com mentality, players like Beaver & co. retiring, and Ice Hockey hooks have been pushed in.

I still love Manly, and the game - it's just not my sole passion anymore. Also came down to hearing someone made death threats against me on these boards at one point (true or not).

I sometimes feel that way too Ryan!! miss the guys we could really enjoy, cliffie, beaver, carroll etc. Yet, you still have Brett, Jamie, glenn, kitey, who are great stalwarts of the club!! You also have foran and dce to follow in upcoming years.

Beaver was a one club man and Glenn, Brett, Watmough, King and Matai are all on track to do likewise.

I really miss Eadie, Thompson, Randall, (Ian) Martin, Krilich, Fulton and co Darren. But there was no Internet in those days. How did we ever survive?

Ryan said:
WAMF said:
Ryan said:

No, it was more about guys like Dan, Doug, Mata and co. moving away, the forums deteriorating to MWSE.Com mentality, players like Beaver & co. retiring, and Ice Hockey hooks have been pushed in.

I still love Manly, and the game - it's just not my sole passion anymore. Also came down to hearing someone made death threats against me on these boards at one point (true or not).

Sad to hear about some of that crap that went on.Thats not right at all.

Many MWSE posters moved over here once the forum was closed as you know. Just before it closed a thread written by YOU about Lowe had a fair bit to do with it i reckon. It was removed pretty quick and while the forum was close to being closed anyway despite your thread , it didnt help at all. It was poor form regardless of wether it was correct or not

And here we are

Ironic

Speaking of Ironic, I seem to recall a time on MWSE forum where someone threatened to sue my arse in court, simply because I mentioned they should get back to work and named the Bank (publicly listed company) that they work for, even though they themselves have never been shy to admit same.
I felt I was within my right as a shareholder :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6