Robert Lui Pleads Guilty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo said:
voicefromthehill said:
And a what stage in our life do we stop picking at the scab on our apparent collective "wound" from the Brett Stewart saga? Cmon people we gain nothing from this, it is sad that any man dare raise a hand at a woman. Let's not politicise this
You make good points and it will interesting if manly say anything. However Todd Carney got deregistered for a season for being a silly bugger on the drink.
Hitting a woman and a pregnant one at that is significantly worse than Anythibg carney did.
Before anyone says Carney was a repeat offender so is this bloke he had a domestic issue with the same girl almost a year to the day prior to this crime being committed.

As someone who grew up with too close a view of domestic violence I have no time at all for low f**king dogs like this cretin. The fact he got a good behavior bond is a joke.
1. I hope we let it go. Don't need more **** through the media. Gallop will not do a damn thing about it.

2. Spot on Cambo.

I think Des was behind a lot of the Manly taking on the NRL stuff about Brett Stewart, so I don't expect the club to say anything on this occasion.

Seriously though, imo Lui does deserve to be booted from the game. I can't believe anybody buys this "rehabilitation" rubbish. He has done it twice FFS (well actually he has been caught twice, he may have done it a thousand times).

voicefromthehill said:
Matabele said:
I bet he plays on the weekend.

I bet he doesn't

swoop said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
David Gallop on Robert Lui: "A conviction involving violence against women is an issue that we take extremely seriously.”
Yeah sure you do.:lol:

C'mon say what you like about him but questioning his stance on violence against women is not a good look, no self respecting man condones such action

What's he done about it? Anyone male that bashes a female is not a man. We have quite a few cases and I don't remember him doing much about it, other than to prejudge Brett, and now taking a different stance to someone who's pleaded guilty.

swoop said:
voicefromthehill said:
Matabele said:

I bet he doesn't

swoop said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
David Gallop on Robert Lui: "A conviction involving violence against women is an issue that we take extremely seriously.”

C'mon say what you like about him but questioning his stance on violence against women is not a good look, no self respecting man condones such action

What's he done about it? Anyone male that bashes a female is not a man. We have quite a few cases and I don't remember him doing much about it, other than to prejudge Brett, and now taking a different stance to someone who's pleaded guilty.

Sorry - not aware of the cases?

IMO he did not prejudice Brett, but as I say my opinion

Cows knew what they were getting into with this grub and this is just part of their planned strategy. He will be back playing and beating pregnant women before you know it.

Cambo said:
So they have to deregister him. You cannot have convicted woman bashers in the game.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-21/nrl27s-lui-pleads-guilty-to-girlfriend-assault/3903872

Why not? Glenn Stewart has been playing since he pleaded guilty to punching a womans head in at around september last year...

Voicefromthehill, google "Anthony cherrington assault" and see how hard nosed that muppet gallop is. Brett was an easy target and that gutless pr!ck still denies he did anything wrong.

Napper said:
Cambo said:
So they have to deregister him. You cannot have convicted woman bashers in the game.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-21/nrl27s-lui-pleads-guilty-to-girlfriend-assault/3903872

Why not? Glenn Stewart has been playing since he pleaded guilty to punching a womans head in at around september last year...

Had me going there for a minute

Chip and Chase said:
Voicefromthehill, google "Anthony cherrington assault" and see how hard nosed that muppet gallop is. Brett was an easy target and that gutless pr!ck still denies he did anything wrong.

I stand corrected.

voicefromthehill said:
swoop said:
voicefromthehill said:
Matabele said:

I bet he doesn't

swoop said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Sorry - not aware of the cases?

IMO he did not prejudice Brett, but as I say my opinion

I disagree with you about Brett, Gallop said it was for the alcohol binge, but we all know the real reason.

And a few more cases are Greg Inglis and Greg Bird and there's a few other lesser profile players that I can't recall off the top of my head.

Mate we can agree to disagree. Though as per previous I stand corrected on other cases, you can add Wes Niquama (spl?) to the list also. I think the Brett case was unfortunately the proverbial "straw" that broke the camels back. Unfortunately he was in a position that he had to be seen to do something, be it media pressure, sponsors "mums" calling him etc he had to do something.

Agree it was for the allegations and not being a bit tired and emotional. But he had to do something, yes he now appears to have a severe lack of consistency in applying his standards - but his stance (right or wrong) did not impact the judicial proceedings.

Has Lui brought the game into disrepute? Gallop should take sterner action against him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6