Robbo's upending.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I can understand why that try of Williams was not a penalty try.  What I can't understand is why, after the try was awarded and the conversion attempted, we didn't get a further penalty where the illegal play on Robbo was performed.  it would appear that that illegal play came with no consequences at the time.  Therefore if a try is awarded, any illegal act leading up to it is just let slide unless it is on the tryscorer.  If the transgressor is punished later through the week, the team playing against them benefits but we don't any at the time at all.  Get my drift.  We should have got a penalty awarded where Robbo was upended imo.

were you asleep last night DSM??

this was argued over and over.

he should have been sent off, but 8 point try is apparently only on the tryscorer

I was asleep Fro, after getting home late from the game.  I understand the penalty try point.  My point is that a separate penalty was due surely. 

not under the rules as they are.

can and should have been sent off.

Having said the rules are wrong at the moment. and your suggestion makes a lot of sense

I think in that case with Robbo we have the try but I can not see why an 8 point try can only be given for an infringment on the try scorer. Whats stopping a cheap shot on any player after or during the scoring of a try. 

OK, if wolfman didnt score we would have got the penalty.

Also, Ben Farrers knock on, if he slowed down and let Patten tackle him, it would have been play on.

Farrrrrrk these rules are annoying!!!

They have set a new high bar now to get sent off in a match. I was astounded when I viewed the replay at how bad the tackle was. If that was not a send off offence then it will be open slather now.

What's the most (likely) severe injury you can from a head high tackle, a broken nose or much less likely a broken jaw. I hate to think what could have happended to Robbo as a result of that effort by Goodwin.

Canteen Worker link said:
Can't believe that Goodwin only got 3 weeks. It was a shocker and warrants double that at least.
  He's getting good press ATM s different rules apply.  Imagine the charge and suspension if Matai had done the same.

Anyone remember the semi against Newcastle a few years back? '06 I think?

If Buderus doesn't get sent off for that tackle (where BK was sent to the bin), then send-offs for spear tackles just don't exist anymore.

Side note: was that tackle on Robbo as well?

willstyles link said:
Anyone remember the semi against Newcastle a few years back? '06 I think?

If Buderus doesn't get sent off for that tackle (where BK was sent to the bin), then send-offs for spear tackles just don't exist anymore.

Side note: was that tackle on Robbo as well?

Yeah it was. To think you can get sent off for a high shot but throw someone on their head and you just get put on report.

Was just gonna bring that one up again Wil

To top off that incident BK was the one that spent time off the field, I was ropable that night, we were well in control and Hometown Hampstead butchered us. It didn't help that when we were up 18-0 or 18-6 or whatever it was I was enjoying myself in the Knights season ticket area, and when they came back all the ferals in that stand found me

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4