• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have to agree my only critique is that he gets caught flat footed behind the line.

For mine he was our best tonight

We'd be better off having a card board cut-out of Brett Stewart at the back in defence. I've never seen anyone get run around so easily consistently. He tried hard as usual, and was actually alright in attack. Some nice touches.

I was thinking that if we had Farrar or Hoppa at the back then Soward probably wouldn't have scored that try.  Soward could have run rings around Robbo and still scored.

Call me crazy, but shouldn't the FORWARDS be taking care of the defense? If only Hasler had the guts to drop Watmough, if only...

No fullback would have stopped Soward in that position.
They might have gotten closer to him, but the end result would have been the same.

Excellent game by robbo, id say he was the best eagle on the field. Chimed in at the right time in attack and was safe under the bomb. How about his work under attacking kicks? Brilliant

Personally I thought the lack of a Stewart or even Farrer injecting in our attacking backline moves was one of the big reasons we struggled to score. We pretty much did nothing for 5 tackles then went for a kick when attacking in their 30m. Robbo just can't play that role and our whole attacking strategy is based on it.

jwaa link said:
They might have gotten closer to him, but the end result would have been the same.

stewie woulda got him, but done his knee.
slater woulda got him by throwing a leg out and tripping.
hayne woulda got him with one of his airplane wings, then takes a dive.

ads link said:
Personally I thought the lack of a Stewart or even Farrer injecting in our attacking backline moves was one of the big reasons we struggled to score. We pretty much did nothing for 5 tackles then went for a kick when attacking in their 30m. Robbo just can't play that role and our whole attacking strategy is based on it.

I was thinking the same thing watching the game last night. Whilst i don't blame Robbo (i thought he played very well) this is somethign we will always suffer when we have our top 3 full abcks out....

I also thought the Dragons did a great job of keeping Lyon in check the whole match, he was really well targetted and contianed well.

brookie link said:
[quote author=jwaa link=topic=184694.msg285323#msg285323 date=1282009498]

stewie woulda got him, but done his knee.
slater woulda got him by throwing a leg out and tripping.
hayne woulda got him with one of his airplane wings, then takes a dive.

[/quote]
Haha, I'll pay that one brookie.

I have no problem with Robbo. Has been great for our club. I just hope our fullbacks return  ;D

Supposedly Soward was singing "she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes, toot-toot" as he circled Robbo and flashed past him to the tryline.

I think it's important to keep in mind that Robbo is our 4th string fullback.

Generally speaking, the 4th string fullback of every team in the comp is going to look a bit out of sorts when actually lining up at fullback in a game.

His positioning was off (Again, 4th string fb) on the Soward try, had little to do with speed. He's not the fastest bloke over 20m but I do recall him coming from the other side of the field to force Kevin Gordon into the corner when we played the tits at Brookie.

Darren link said:
Supposedly Soward was singing \"she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes, toot-toot\" as he circled Robbo and flashed past him to the tryline.
I can't think of anyone else to slot in at fullback at the moment.
We all know he's a winger & you can bet your balls he'd rather be on the wing.

Who else would you play at fullback considering who's out?

Yeah i don't know how many times Robbo has run his ass off right across the field to cover the other wing when the other team makes a break. He always puts in 100% and that's all i can ask. We need speed on the right wing and that will happen next year with Wolfman back. :)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6