1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robbed

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ramrod, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    The Refs gave the Dogs way too much ball tonight.
    Some of the dodgiest decisions I have ever seen.

Some errors - Whare's gift try to the Dogs (but he played well for the rest of the game); Wolfie's knocking the ball out of the sidelines towards the end (not sure about this one?); Taufua in front of Matai (wingers should be behind Centres, not in front; Gifty's rushes opening holes in defence.

Anyway, Manly players take a bow. Very proud of the boys.

What a monumental effort. Credit to Tooves, staff, players for putting up this display right up to the end.

Special credit = to Kingy (what a performance); Choc (genius); Killer (brilliant as always); Foz (hard yakka); Matai (marvelous).

Dirty dogs = Ennis (grub); Reynolds (BIGGEST DIVE and not one ounce of sportsmanship).

Consolation = Dogs will be feeling it all the way to September. Bet they have never had opposition like us before. A couple or more will be sideline spectators. Even if we don't make the GF, I'll like to see us spoil their party ;)

2. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Nope better coached team won

Barba made an error that was the same as Dean's

3. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    I won't give the cretin any praise after he had tried to rip my club apart.

If he left without trying to destroy us, I would still hold him in high regard and respect. The fact he try to sink us because of his GIANT EGO against the board, only got him offside with many Sea Eagles fans.

I despise, abhor, loathe and hate that dirty turncoat.
    I don't normally have these kind of feelings towards anyone, except those who tries to destroy Manly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. djaraboy

djaraboy New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Your board is destroying your club.

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    The penalty that took them to 14 was very, very frustrating

Saw it many times tonight and was let go most times, including 4 times in the next 4 sets

6. panash

panash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    What do you know about our board tool !!!

Mate the luck your side has had this year is phenomenal !! Hasler didn't have this with manly. But geese you would think this will run out soon

• Like Like x 3
  7. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    Agreed. Manly played well tonight. With snake on the field we win. No team would want to play us in the finals. We just need to make the 8.

8. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    It would be very weak to say the refs cost us IMO. Our attack just isn't as structured/patient as it needs to be. I put a fair bit of that down to not having a lot of continuity with our team this year. Hopefully it will come in the next few weeks.

9. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    You are right mate, there are some oversized egos on that board that forced Halsers hand. Its time some of our supporters realized that and let it go FFS.

10. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
  11. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    Two teams played a classical game of rugby league tonight. While I am pissed, you can't deny either team winng.

If anything robbed us tonight it was the bounce of the ball.

NYEagle

12. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I wouldn't say Toovs was out coached. There was no miracle tactic that the Dogs did that gave them the win.

The way our side has been this year, its like Toovs is coaching a new team every week. Key players missing for chunks of the season at a time would make it difficult for any coach especially one that is trying to implement his own style on things.

13. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    No team was robbed in the scheme of things, they won, we lost. True a few lucky bounces went their way, we've had those bounces before also.

14. panash

panash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    How can you say that with so much confidence.

Penalty count was 3-0 to dogs start of game and they were the away side.
    Whare gave them a try
    2 drop balls from kicks led to there 2nd try
    Barba kicks the ball and stops in the corner where wolf takes it out 5mtrs out , then a soft penalty after that scrum which led to the arse off the post try. The bounce helped them yes they were competive & got result but they wernt that much better

15. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Bulldags playing well. they are getting alot of luck going their way. a few injuries are creeping their way. so the luck is due to end soon

16. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    17 players they put out were better than ours. Let's see what happens when we meet again.

17. Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Yes, we are making too many excuses, ref is on their side, if we had stewart we win(We had a full team tonite minus Brett).

I am sick of the excuses we are making.
    We're not playing to our potential. admit it and stop living in fantasy land

18. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 35
    Taufua caught a bomb tonight so there is hope post Robbo. We really miss Hoppa Jnr as well he was very good at contesting attacking kicks.

19. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Yep. We lack class on the wing/fullback without these two. Last year we would have won that game, and also beaten Melbourne.
    I was please to see Taufa jump for a ball, and catch it, yet he was suspect most other occasions, and should have done better when the Berries scored their second try.

20. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    I thought the turning point was in the 70th minute when DCE put up a bomb rather than go for a grubber/repeat set when we had them wobbly while the score was 14-12. That bomb was shocking and uncontested.
    Very poor decision.
    Other than that, I thought he went OK.