Roach stands down after ref abuse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Roach stands down after ref abuse

July 03, 2008

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23963721-23214,00.html

FORMER Australia prop Steve Roach has stood down from his role with the NSW Origin side after swearing at referee Tony Archer in the aftermath of Wednesday night's series deciding loss.

Roach was forced to apologise to the veteran whistleblower after delivering the tirade as Archer made his way up the tunnel at the conclusion of Queensland's 16-10 win.

The ex-Blues enforcer also apologised to referee's coach Robert Finch for his behaviour, before informing the NSWRL of his intention to stand down from any further roles within representative teams.

"They both accepted my apology and I am thankful they were so understanding of the situation, but it still doesn't excuse what I did," Roach said in a statement.

"I would hate to think my actions would ever be repeated by junior players.

"It's not the kind of example I've tried to set during my career."

Emotions were running hot after the game, with several controversial calls throughout the match upsetting NSW officials, including Archer's decision not to send Nate Myles from the field for a nasty dangerous throw on Blues prop Ben Cross.

But NSWRL general manager Geoff Carr said there was no excuse for Roach's actions.

"Steve is aware his behaviour in relation to this incident was unacceptable and he's taken responsibility for that," Carr said.

AAP

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
\"It's not the kind of example I've tried to set during my career.\"

This from the man who was suspended for patting a referee on the head.

It shows how desperate we were that we employed him in a coaching capacity for a while!

Roach is just a big useless blob.  He was crap when he coached for us and is crap now.  I just remember how awful our forwards went under his 'coaching' so good riddance to this tool.  I remember posting on why did we employ this fool when his heart was in the tigers, surely there would have been an unemployed ed-Manly forward out there somewhere..

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177787.msg188708#msg188708 date=1215122641]
More room on the team bus next year
More players will get morning and afternoon tea as well.
[/quote]

No apology for your faux pas?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4