• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
For anyone into collectible type things it is well worth getting this week, 1500th issue so it is bigger looking back over the years and also has a copy of the 1st ever issue from 1970 with it, not too much on Manly in there but we did flog Balmain 44-10 and there is a match report on that

Articles on DCE and Toovey as well in the normal part of the mag

Some good reads in there, the article on Killer back in 04 is an interesting read, really shows how Jamie is just a country kid at heart and how tough city life would have been for him.

Quote from DCE 'I've got a contract to fulfil and I plan on seeing out those years'. Wow isn't that refreshing. Some of these so called superstars could learn a lot from this kid. Benji & SBW I'm looking at you!

Being a bit tough on Benji there, afaik he was asked to renegotiate by the tigers and was told he could look elsewhere.

TokyoEagle said:
Being a bit tough on Benji there, afaik he was asked to renegotiate by the tigers and was told he could look elsewhere.

Yep you are right, Benji left because a handshake deal with previous management wasn't being honored, he is getting a lot less money now than he would have

Kiwi Eagle said:
TokyoEagle said:

Yep you are right, Benji left because a handshake deal with previous management wasn't being honored, he is getting a lot less money now than he would have
Do I have it correct?
Benji had a 3 year deal but wanted four years.
So he broke his contract and took a new TWO year deal.
Yep... that makes sense!

And he signed for half his current monies :huh:

The old saying 'Pride goes before a fall' in action!

Benji thinks he is going to be an All Black :p

lismore_fan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
TokyoEagle said:

Do I have it correct?
Benji had a 3 year deal but wanted four years.
So he broke his contract and took a new TWO year deal.
Yep... that makes sense!

He was signed until the end of 2015, with a clause in there for negotiations after the rise on the salary cap.
He and the CEO did a handshake deal on an extension thru til 2017, that CEO then got punted and the Tigers decided not to honour that agreement and that is where all this stems from

No contract has been broken, a release was requested and granted

HappilyManly said:
And he signed for half his current monies :huh:

The old saying 'Pride goes before a fall' in action!

Benji thinks he is going to be an All Black :p

I think it is a good sign of the man he is prepared to do that, there were a lot of NRL offers that came his way but he won't play against the Tigers so that's his NRL career done

He is realistic enough to know that the All Blacks is a long long way off, said as much in his column today. Could very easily be going to the Olympics in a couple of years

On an aside I have always found the public perception of Benji being arrogant amusing, nothing could be further from the truth with him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6