RLW Referees Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Some interesting results in there, which can also show we are up against it any time we step on the park

Who is the worst captain to deal with

Price 30%
Orford 30%

Who is the games worst behaved player

Finch 30%
Quinn 20%
Ennis 10%
Watmough 10%
Matai 10%

Who is the games dirtiest player

Crocker 35%
Quinn 15%
Watmough 15%
Matai 10%

Which team shows you the least respect on the field

Storm 30%
Sea Eagles 20%

Those 4 above paint a picture that every time we step on the park, we are already up against it, with Matai and Watmough being looked at more than others and pinged for anything, along with the ref's opinion of explaining their S**t calls to Orford

A couple of others where we got a mention

Who is the games biggest sledger

Hodges 30%
Finch 20%
Ennis 20%
Watmough 10%

Who is the NRL's funniest player

Sailor 25%
Ennis 20%
Finch 15%
Hall 10%
Wolfman 10%

And another which shows we as fans are doing our job

Which team's fans give you the hardest time

Souths 40%
Manly 20%

And another 1 of interest that caught my eye

Do vocal crowds influence you on occassion ?

No 90% Yes 10%

Good to see we have 1-2 honest blokes there

The NRL wanted no part of it Mata, apparently as soon as they caught wind of it, they sent out an email to all match officials telling them not to take part, some of them listened to that, while 1 said "The NRL seems terrified of us having any voice". " We have to go through them before anything and more often than not, they seem to want us to be seen and not heard. This is our chance to have a say and I know a lot of the boys are happy to take part"

Brett Finch got towelled up, with 1 saying he takes advantage of his old man being the boss

Actually agreed with what Vossy said about this last night. He said it's great for RLW (which it is, it's a great little piece), but terrible for the referees/NRL.

Firstly - who cares what the f*cking refs think? I'd rather they got decisions right rather than learn some groundbreaking stuff like "refs think Crocker can be a dirty player". Hold the front page!

Secondly - it proves exactly what Sticky Stuart said a couple of years when he came out and said the refs went into games with tip/cheat sheets just like the players. He said that they knew players they were going to target for penalties, just like coaches target players with poor defence or other weaknesses. The refs and NRL totally denied it and I'm not sure but Sticky may have copped a fine? If he did, the NRL should pay back every cent. Becuase he was spot on then, and this just proves it.

Agree 100% Will

I will never forget last season, Round 2 at Newcastle, pretty sure Hampstead was the ref. He blew a penalty early on, yelling out "Steve Matai, Steve Matai, move". Only problem being that Matai was sitting comfortably up in the stands

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Agree 100% Will

I will never forget last season, Round 2 at Newcastle, pretty sure Hampstead was the ref. He blew a penalty early on, yelling out \"Steve Matai, Steve Matai, move\". Only problem being that Matai was sitting comfortably up in the stands

Good one lol

The best Umps should be the ones you never even notice. They should be there but blend in as part of the game, not a focal point that causes major F ups each week. The same applies to any sport.
Can anyone give me the 1 liner they use in cricket ? Forgot what it says but it does say it succintly.

How funny, but totally unprofessional, was that touchie last night making the 'Have a cry" motion to the crowd after he ****ed up that forward pass call !!!

Kiwi Eagle link said:
How funny, but totally unprofessional, was that touchie last night making the 'Have a cry\" motion to the crowd after he F**ked up that forward pass call !!!

Yeah it was funny but the camera panning to him at the time was perfect because Gus was having a whinge about his ruling of the pass and saying that it wasn't forward and then the camera went to the touchie like he was aiming the gesture at Gus for having a big sookie cry.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2