RL news today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Dallas Johnson has accepted an offer "too good to refuse" and signed a three-year contract with Super League club Catalans Dragons in France. His contract was until the end of 2011 but Storm have let him go. A very good player. I am amazed at how the Storm keep making the finals with the level of their losses each year.

Dell has hung up his boots. "Dual international Wendell Sailor has announced his retirement from professional sport, thanking his NRL club St George Illawarra for helping him to find "redemption". Sailor, 35, said he felt the time was right to quit, although he believed he could have played on for another year in the NRL." I actually think he definitely had another year in him. Putting up with his media basking can get too much sometimes but it was good to see a character liven up the crowds the way he did.

Big Willie looks like he is also going to leave the NRL. The Chooks don't want him. I would have signed him. Someone like Des could turn him completely around but there is no doubt you would take on an unknown liability, even under a Manly regime.

I am also looking forward to the 4 Nations final this weekend. Choc looks like being relegated to the bench with Gallen and Lewis starting. Sheens is insisting Gidley will play some part (but oh god why?) and Jennings may miss out completely with Hodges listed as starting. The funniest part of the game will be the ref - with Kiwi Leon Williamson, an Auckland based kickboxing plumber who referees NSW Cup at weekends, getting the gig ahead of Hayne (well he is a biased Aussie in the eyes of the Poms). The atmosphere should be terrific but hopefully we can keep the crowd quiet.

Meanwhile, there was no news that Manly captain Matty Orford had come to terms with the club. His signature is now expected just prior to the 'end of days' Mayan prophecy in December 2012.

As far as i know there has been no official annoucnement that matt has joined the club from the Storm, so I dont expect any further confirmations going forward

Shame to see Dell go, he grew on me over the last year and was good to have a character on the park again, some of the stuff he did had me cracking up, my favourite walking a kick return back at the Warriors

I go to quite a few of the provincal games in NZ, and have seen Leon Williamson a few times. He isn't completely hopeless, but does rule the game very strongly so I am picking plenty of penalties, and he doesn't take any crap either so Thurston will want to keep his mouth shut

He's a character, but I won't be too sad to see the back of Dell (no pun intended), why he gets more  publicity for his on-field exploits than someone like Robbo is a travesty, regardless of his off-field fame. I wouldn't mind having Mason at Brookie, but it's his $$$ I'd have a problem with, not necessarily his image, although in saying that, he's not the player he was before his knee-op, he lacks the leg drive now that once made him so good.

Dallas Johnson is being released so the Storm can have a play at Watmough next year. Why would they release one of their best players who still has 2 years to run on his contract. Choc will be offered the world to go there.. Believe it

Bailey / Rodney / Stewart / Lussick / Galuvao are still a good 2nd row rotation regardless of Watmough.

Lets not over-hype the guy. Yes, he has turned into a decent player - but still has his lapses, and gives away penalties.

He's not the be all and end all on this team. I'd rather us ensure that we get our 1/2's right 1st and foremost.

Ryan link said:
Bailey / Rodney / Stewart / Lussick / Galuvao are still a good 2nd row rotation regardless of Watmough.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WTF, You can't be serious

Based upon Manly Daily today re Vic Morrow and assuming Ox, Wolfy Robbi=o are retained our Top 25 is;

Hoppa Jnr
Cherry Evans
Bruheur
Lussick
Morrow
Cross
Joe G
Seu Seu
Stewart B
Stewart G
Robbo
Wolfman
Farrar
Lyon
Matai
Foran
Ox
Choc
Baily
Rodney
Kite
Teddy
ballin
George
Kingy

Have I missed anyone?

Catalans Dragons have followed up the signing of Melbourne Storm loose forward Dallas Johnson with the capture of New Zealand international Setaimata Sa.

The 22-year-old had two years left on his contract with Sydney Roosters but has been released as part of an exchange deal involving Dragons prop Jason Ryles.

Sa, who has signed a two-year contract, won four caps with the Kiwis and was a member of their victorious World Cup squad but was dropped from their Four Nations touring party after appearing in court charged with a series of alcohol-fuelled offences, including assaulting a female police officer.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8