Ritchie Fa'aoso Signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm happy with the signing. With Trex and Lussick leaving we desperately need a hard running forward. Agree with some earlier comments about Richie always giving his all, has a slight issue with his hands.

Even tho he's been to a few clubs, I really think he can fulfill his potential at Manly with the culture at the club.

Great news! This guy rips in hard and is tough as teak. Will come fairly cheap and provide much needed grunt in both go forward and aggression. I believe Manly will get the best out of Richie. IMO very astute purchase.

I also have a feeling we will sign another fwd before next year, possibly Asotasi. So we have lost T Rex, Lussick, Harrison and possibly Mauro.

We have signed, Richie, Chee Kam and Sao all of whom should add starch and longevity to an already impressive pack. So happy Manly stayed in the chasefor Williams long enough to bump him up to $650 000 a year. Fairly smooth transition thus far into the Toovey era.

Look fwd to seeing him run at holes off Foran and Foz close to oppositions try lines next year![amoff][/amoff]

I remember Richie in that game at Brookvale last year when he was concussed. That was sickening, but obviously the guy has some character.

Dave Warwick hasn't really missed a beat so far. Two young players with high upside and the signing of an experienced prop. Very impressed.

Ryan said:
Also, Bennett wanted him pretty badly this year. I reckon Bennett is a pretty good judge of character and ability.
Didn't Bennett just let him go to Melbourne?

Been at a lot of clubs. Why? Then again, Joe was at a few and he's going great. I'd be unhappy if Mauro moved on as I think he's developing into a handy second rower. Anyway all good.

Do you think it was intentional (on the Club's part) displaying a picture of Richie after he's apparently just scored a try against the Desmond H. Dishlickers?

can't say i've seen him play so won't comment on his signing, but i will watch the purple scum with some interest for the remainder of 2012.

TonganEagle said:
Good, think he's a strong reliable player. Plus he's Tongan.

When I was a little kid Manly supporter, many moons ago, my Dad would plant the family blanket on the Eastern hill. Behind us there was always a huge group of Tongans who loved Manly and a beer. They also used to laugh and cheer at the advice my Dad gave the ref during moments of injustice. Good times they were and good folk those Tongans. I think Ritchie will fit in well.

eagles2win said:
Need a centre now Siutongia Likliki I'm looking at you.
Think he could really kick on with us.

Are you kidding? We've got the 2 best centres in the nrl.

How great would a Manly home game be in Tonga:)
The Manly Banner freaks have to stock up on vowels in 2013:D

Really love to hear 2Vs master plan for a well balanced roster.

Welcome Richie from 2013,until then you are fair game:p

Just scratching my head here. I couldn't imagine that Daniel Harrison would have cost us more than Ritchie. I think the ranga has been showing real promise and I can't understand why they told him to go and then turn around and sign Fa'aoso.

It would be money Mick, young guy future ahead of him reasonable dollars, older guy looking for a home discarded where he is low dollars sole as that

Simple as that was what I was supposed to say

Great signing. He was a journeyman player but came to the Knights & really became a fan favourite with his hard charges & big effort each week. I suspect Wayne didn't like him because of his hands, he can drop a ball. He's a great guy & i'm sure he'll become a fan favourite with you guys aswell. All Knights fans miss Faas heaps!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6