Right Rodney?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
seen the game now. Obviously we exploded in the 2nd half which was great. The right side attack for the next game is still a bit of an issue. Rodney was in the gift place, and tried hard and did some good things. B Stewart got involved a bit more there as well. Overall, not as fluent or dangerous but not too bad. Lyon is in top form and makes things happen no matter what.

I don't think we can count on the implosion we caused the cowpokes to have. their defence effectively disappeared for the last 15 mins. I think we'll be playing the broncos but either way we may have to break someone down over the long haul.

I'm not sure if there's a better alternative. any ideas?

• 👍
Reactions: ads
Buhrer is a good ball player, and I believe he has a bit of the G Stewart's about him. If he can play 5/8, he can play lock....Kosef stylez.

T-Rex is starting to have a good (unfortunately NO look) pass about him, and he's adding x-factor out wide.

It would be such a pleasure to see Manly end the career for Darren Lockyer with a Bronco's loss. I'm sorry, I don't believe the hype about him. Great clubman, but The NRL are making him a God, and gave Beaver nothing.

In my opinion, the cowboys defense imploded, simply because we were far too strong for them, we went straight up the middle and worked hard at wearing out their big forwards, once we took the sting out of their forward pack and wore them down, we were free to split them at will, the big guys just couldn't keep up and defend anymore, and the smaller guys had to do too much to cover.

I don't think Bowen was even sited in the last 15 minutes.

The thing about it, is that most of the teams left, will suffer the same fate, if we can hit them through the middle and tire out their forwards, not many other teams will be able to stay with us.

The tigers have a lighter pack so they may be a little more challenging, but we will just run the likes of T-Rex and some of the bigger guys at Utai all day long

Blowouts can happen in finals when one team realises the game is gone. Wouldn't surprise me if we do it another 2 more times to be honest.

Ryan said:
It would be such a pleasure to see Manly end the career for Darren Lockyer with a Bronco's loss. I'm sorry, I don't believe the hype about him. Great clubman, but The NRL are making him a God, and gave Beaver nothing.

The NRL are right with the way they are treating Lockyer, he is a legend of the game and deserves all the accolades he is getting. They were very wrong however, with how they treated Beaver. Its not Lockyers fault that Beaver wasn't given the recognition he deserved. But I do agree that it would be great to see Manly end Lockyers career.

Daniel said:
The tigers have a lighter pack so they may be a little more challenging, but we will just run the likes of T-Rex and some of the bigger guys at Utai all day long

I wish we could run some of the guys at Utai but I don't think it will happen unfortunately as Lawrence is coming back into the side this week.

Ryan said:
Buhrer is a good ball player, and I believe he has a bit of the G Stewart's about him. If he can play 5/8, he can play lock....Kosef stylez.

I never saw Kosef play, but you took the words out of my mouth. In saying that, Dan's suggestion that we need to belt the opposition first could be on the money too, and I don't think that's Buhrers' style at all. Did he come on for Rodney at the end against the cows? If so, maybe use him towards the end of the second half as well? (since we wasted two interchanges on Choc and snake(?) )

Bhurer is best served as an impact player at the moment. He has such good footwork and ball skills, we could waste him by tiring him out early. Des doesn't hold him back because he isn't confident in him, he is held back because Des knows the best time to unleash the Bhurer beast

Maybe you're right Dan. He does provide impact, but I really think we were lacking without a more ball playing lock.

Yeah but I don't think he would be able to play a glenn stewart role. He had more impact of any player in all his minutes last week

That's different then. If he couldn't play a GS role then it'd be silly using him early - I agree.
Why don't you think he could? He has ball skills...

codewana said:
That's different then. If he couldn't play a GS role then it'd be silly using him early - I agree.
Why don't you think he could? He has ball skills...

Glenn Stewart is a very special player. Instead of trying to run the same plays with a different player, we are better running plays specific to the fill in player.

codewana said:
Fair call.

Side note: how's the car going mate?

Got it back yesterday, all seems fine. I have to fix the boot release as it keeps sticking, but I think the rod from the actuator is just slightly bent. I'll take a look on the weekend. Also need to grease up the door in the rear passenger and pad out the strike latches to stop a slight squeek that is annoying my wife, then it should be fine :)

no she is from campbeltown, NSW, she is more of a foghorn than a squeek

you might be right dan and it may be like the 2008 campaign where we turned everyone into speedbumps.

and agreed buhrer is best as an impact player for now (and emergency backrower tackling machine). I think it will be the broncos,and we will have enough to do them as is. getting in touch with my anxious side, if it's the dragons des will likely be cooking up some alternatives if the right side attack is getting nowhere again like last time we played them (even though we had forward dominance); that's the kind of situation where the relative inexperience of the halves might show.

all in all starting as in the cowpokes game is the best option imho; with some rabbit in a hat plan b.

ps, and as for lockyer, did you see t-rex bounce him down the field late in the broncos game? that was the 'time to retire' reminder....

Theres NO doubt G. Stewart is massive down the rightside attack, BUT The good thing on the right was Lyon got plenty of early ball & created plenty of opportunities. At times Glen is overly relied on imo yet has so much skill he still delivers or creates something but i love seeing Lyon take on the line with plenty of room to move & think it doesn't happen often enough. The added option of T Rex on a roving commission is a winner but the big guy prefers attacking the left. Back to Rodney - solid if not spectacular on the right edge.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6