Rift between Manly players and officials set to widen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In the hyperbole stakes - is there anything more contemptible than a kid who grew up in the Manly-Warringah district, but always followed another team (Easts)?

Dean Ritchie...come on down Dean!

I have no problem with the directors getting a ring as long as they pay for it out of their own pocket or if Penn wants to buy them for everyone from his own funds.

However the club is running at a loss and doesn't need another $15k of unecessary expense that could be used for better purposes.

Cambo said:
westbec
thats a bit cheeky that post of yours

The leagues club hasnt provided 5 mil in equity
large proportion of that is sponsorship remember at the end of the day the leagues clubs charter has been to support the footy club.

In return 10 days a year the leagues club would get a significant spike in sales during the football season.

Westbec I ask you this question

If Scott penn pulled the plug would the leagues club or Quantum have the financial resources to buy Penn Healths shares??????

$4.5million in propagation grants from the Leagues Club were not sponsorship and Leagues Club was mad to keep promising them for no return when the private owners kept getting issued shares every time they tipped in money. At least the current Leagues Club board had the good sense to stop giving the Sea Eagles money unless they got shares in return
As to whether the Leagues Club or Quantum can afford to buy out Penn, the answer would be no for e the Leagues Club. Quantum, probably yes, but I would need to check their recent ASX filings (not that they would necessarily tell the full story)

I don't see a any great concern there. I highly doubt the Penns will sell and even id they did, I am sure somone would buy them out, either Quantum or someone else.

Quantum who announced a loss?

http://www.quantumenergy.com.au/corporate/asx-announcements-30.aspx

Or someone else? You make it sound like the Penns are easily replaceable by "someone" else. I am sorry if i smell an agenda coming a mile off

happy to be convinced otherwise

Phantar said:
In the hyperbole stakes - is there anything more contemptible than a kid who grew up in the Manly-Warringah district, but always followed another team (Easts)?

I grew up in Bondi. Go figure.

From Quantum's own response to the ASX:

"As disclosed previously, the Company’s results are heavily influenced by government subsidy and incentive programmes in the solar and renewable sector."

This river of gold has been turned off. So are Quantum really, really in a position to buy up more shares in a loss-making football club? Really? Really truly?

By their own admission their asset base is $40m. That's not cash assets, that's total assets.

WAMF said:
Phantar said:

I live in Randwick and in the Sutherland shire before that. I have never lived on the northern beaches. There's nothing more contemptible than me too then I guess.

bones said:
WAMF said:
Phantar said:

I live in Randwick and in the Sutherland shire before that. I have never lived on the northern beaches. There's nothing more contemptible than me too then I guess.
thats its bones were not mates anymore

seriously how could i bet mates with someone who was once shirescum :) lol

As a member of the FC I want a premiership ring aswell. Who else wants one?

Why give this BS article any oxygen whatsoever.

They forgot to mention in 2008 the directors all got rings.... As much i dont agree with it this is a beat up to keep the crap churning. The less we specukate on this rubbish the better.

westbec said:
Cambo said:
Just ask yourself this question of the current owners who has kicked in the most cash and how much say do the penns have for that.

That's an easy one.

The Leagues Club have put in the most money since privatisation at about $5.1 million.

Surfside is next at just under $5 million.

The Penns are a distant third at about $3.1 million.

All of these figures exclude sponsorship which would only push Penn even further behind.

Hello Bob

Great to see you mixing in with the fans. But why now??

What's the problem? Weren't jonesyv5 and vidmar cutting the mustard in the spin doctor stakes. But then again I guess there's only so many people vidmar and jonesvy can pm or ring

Explain to us mere mortals what position Manly Leagues would be in to fill the void if Penn health did walk away?

How much profit did manly leagues make last year surely you could tell us Bob if your organisation is such a financial powerhouse that it could prop up the nrl club.

The Truth said:
westbec said:
Cambo said:
Just ask yourself this question of the current owners who has kicked in the most cash and how much say do the penns have for that.

That's an easy one.

The Leagues Club have put in the most money since privatisation at about $5.1 million.

Surfside is next at just under $5 million.

The Penns are a distant third at about $3.1 million.

All of these figures exclude sponsorship which would only push Penn even further behind.

Hello Bob

Great to see you mixing in with the fans. But why now??

What's the problem? Weren't jonesyv5 and vidmar cutting the mustard in the spin doctor stakes. But then again I guess there's only so many people vidmar and jonesvy can pm or ring

Explain to us mere mortals what position Manly Leagues would be in to fill the void if Penn health did walk away?

How much profit did manly leagues make last year surely you could tell us Bob if your organisation is such a financial powerhouse that it could prop up the nrl club.

Ha ha, I was just about to ask westbec whether they were Bob too :D

Interesting to hear that Graham Hughes stated he is in regular contact with at least 2 Sea Eagles board members. He stated that the board have never discussed premiership rings.
Hughes also pointed out that Penn was the ONLY person involved in Hasler’s negotiations, as the 3 man committee was never actually formed and that it had little to do with Perry.
He also stated that the board gave the unanimous tick of approval to pursue Hasler's contract extension back in April.
Hughes then warned people to believe possibly half of what’s written in the DT. :)
He mentioned there was someone 'close' to the club leaking BS to Dean Ritchie at the DT.
He also mentioned that Penn may have something to gain by these leaks.

WAMF said:
Interesting to hear that Graham Hughes stated he is in regular contact with at least 2 Sea Eagles board members. He stated that the board have never discussed premiership rings.
Hughes also pointed out that Penn was the ONLY person involved in Hasler’s negotiations, as the 3 man committee was never actually formed and that it had little to do with Perry.
He also stated that the board gave the unanimous tick of approval to pursue Hasler's contract extension back in April.
Hughes then warned people to believe possibly half of what’s written in the DT. :)
He mentioned there was someone 'close' to the club leaking BS to Dean Ritchie at the DT.
He also mentioned that Penn may have something to gain by these leaks.

was tunks on???

Would of been interested to hear what he said im pretty sure he and scott are friendly.

I watached the GF at home and feel the club should send me a ring also.

the leaks are for someone's benefit and it seems to me Penn is on the front foot trying to make changes.

And Graeme Hughes is very good friends with Graham Lowe who was the Manly CEO in April when the board unanimously voted to extend Haslers contract. No blame was laid at his feet by Hughes though. How surprising. Graeme Hughes will not let up on this. He even said on his show that he will follow developments closely. He has alterior motives as he wants Foran at the Dogs and by keeping the fire burning and the anger going maybe thinks he can influence Foz to leave.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2