Rift between Manly players and officials set to widen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
THE fractured relationship between Manly's board and players could break down completely with directors arranging for their own NRL premiership rings.

Follow the link:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/rift-between-manly-players-and-officials-set-to-widen/story-e6frexnr-1226165290267

IMO, the rings aren't the issue.

How the hell would the Telegraph get wind of this for it to be made public!

Talk about a leak in the Board. This is where most of our problems start. Surely the minutes of Board meetings are for the publics' eyes.
The Board has to fix the leak!

amazing that someone on the board/admin/club has leaked this
or maybe someone bragging to someone who then leaked it

I don't want one. Outside of the players I have no idea why anyone would want one. Crazy stuff and crazy story.

Beat up, a bunch of saints and storm officials have the rings too. This is a prime example of telegraph manly bashing. Please stop reacting to stories in the tele.

If that's the case I hope everyone who played first grade this year gets one including wolfman, Seu Seu etc

Cambo said:
If that's the case I hope everyone who played first grade this year gets one including wolfman, Seu Seu etc

Should be the case, how stupid that the NRL only order 20 rings, when clubs have to nominate squads of 25 at the start of every season

It should be every player that contributed to the season, coach, assistant coach, trainers & support staff should all get one

It's not like there is massive prizemoney for winning the comp, which it should be (but that's another topic)

Why does anyone even bother reacting to this crap? Yawn, another Manly drama story. Zorba seems to have us more in the media focus now than ever :) Should have sacked him years ago.

They ordered rings for the coaching staff, they even reported Penn saying they haven't even discussed them for directors. Seeing as bulldog wrote the story its quite easy to guess who fed it to him as Wamf suggested. What a beat up.

If directors want rings, give them nose rings and drag them out of the club.

On what possible grounds do they deserve rings? With power comes self importance and greed. Pay for the rings out of your own pockets you greedy grubs.

WAMF said:
I can almost guarantee that Zorba is stirring the pot.

Can almost guarantee? In other words you have no idea and are only assuming.

Maybe Des told ritchie? Or one of the players.

The board should just let it go. I mean who wants to wear one of those ugly ****ing rings anyway.

They are meaningless to the board, but carry a tonne of meaning for the players

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6