Ridiculous semi rule a joke.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gallop (and coincidentally, the TV broadcasters) is not primarily concerned at whether the best team wins the comp, he is concerned at what will generate most ratings in the short term.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Gallop (and coincidentally, the TV broadcasters) is not primarily concerned at whether the best team wins the comp, he is concerned at what will generate most ratings in the short term.

By ratings I assume you primarily mean Fox viewers and News Ltd paper sales.

bones said:
mr seagles said:
bones said:
It doesn't bother me. If we finish top 2 we should be good enough to beat the 7th placed team anywhere. I have no doubts that Manly would have won, and won well had Friday nights game been a finals match. They will lift in intensity when there is more at stake.
what a load of crap???? wasnt the minor premiership a big carrot we are on the outer.....like last year.

You would be one of the people to write them off when they lost to Souths in 2008. If you think they are gone mate , its simple, don't watch them anymore. Not many people will care if you are there or not. Let the people who believe they are a chance enjoy the rest of the season. I have a suspicion you will be back on the bandwagon come finals time acting as if you had faith all along.
The minor premiership is a very small carrot compared to the premiership.

Spot on Bones the Souths loss effectively meant the end of our minor premiership asperations in 2008. It was quite disappointing at the time, but I doubt anybody cares now (with the possible exceptions of Mr seagles) and I wouldn't be surprised if we look back on the Tigers game in a similar light in a few years.

we have lost half the games we have played away from brookvale this season so this new rule has a real chance of effecting us.I know the old cliche that good sides will win anyway but the simple fact is that often the home ground feel and decisions are the key in a close game.

I wasn't aware that the SFS was a 'home' ground for the Tigers. Don't they have just the two, Leichhardt and Cambotown? The SFS was good for us in 08.

They have 3 home grounds including SFS.They have mainly scheduled easts,bunnies and dragons games in the past if memory serves me correctly.

I can't believe the rule!! - I know Des has been quoted as saying we'll beat any team on any ground, but having home semis at grounds like Brookie, Leichardt & Kogarah should definately be the benefit of finishing top 4 in a 16 team comp.

EagleRock40 said:
I can't believe the rule!! - I know Des has been quoted as saying we'll beat any team on any ground, but having home semis at grounds like Brookie, Leichardt & Kogarah should definately be the benefit of finishing top 4 in a 16 team comp.

You can thank Illawarra for the rule change because they refused to accede to the NRL's wishes to have their semi final against Parra two years ago changed to the SFS or ANZ

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4