Ricky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Steve Price,Matt Elliott and Hook Griffin wake every morning to the press howling for their sacking.They are on a pittance while Stuart reportedly earns close to a million.Stuart is now going as bad or worse than all of them after 4 rounds. He has also been unceremoniously sacked by his last two clubs while on huge money and each time he left a lot of baggage behind him.

As Johnny Lang said at a lunch a while back ""Ricky loses two series in a row and the media declares him a supercoach, Mal wins seven in a row and he's a total mug!""

Media protection is a great thing but I have a feeling this time it wont be enough.It finally caught up to Sheens after 8 years of rubbish.

Reports that Ricky jumped on the Roosters bus home and they'll be dropping him off at the gap.

I never got the Ricky Stuart good coach thing. His record is pretty bloody ordinary apart from one premiership he virtually inherited.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
He did lift the Blues to get close but has been a huge fail in everything else since his first 'inherited' season.

He's a better bet as an origin coach as all he has to do is rev guys up for 3 games, and he's working with the elite who are desperate to win. In club land it can't be sustained, particularly at the Eels where mediocrity is a virtue.

I think he is starting to learn some humility. Not necessarily a positive for an NRL coach.

We New South Welshman should all be pleased Parra took him away from us. Sadly the bloke who replaced him is not better. I will give Daley a go but if he picks Pearce and Carney we are shot. PS Snake won't be there whilst Daley is, nor Gift or Choc...actually we could go through unscathed!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I bet he announces in the press that next week he will be pleased if they only lose by 20.
He has basically just done that SER8. Saying it will happen again. Bloody hell look at Flanagan's record with a team of deadbeats he inherited from sticky. Stuart just doesn't seem adequate. Nor are the Eels but fifty zip to that Rorters side is indicative.

When was our last loss by fifty historians?

Daley: peanut. Origin looks like more of the same for a bit longer.

Ricky: not called 'sticky' for nothing. Trouble is his constant companion.

What will happen to all those promises to recruited players when they hoist him? Do we want Hop jnr back? Maybe we can get him without the baggage?

The telling factor at how **** a coach Stuart is lies in the fact that parra chased at least a dozen big names players and signed no-one.

The players are the best judges of who a good coach is and Stuart isn't one that attracts players to a club unless they pay massive overs

The good news is that he will ensure that Parra remain our feeder club for a few more years as their junior players won't aspire to play FG with parra

Ricky Stuart talks a good loss. He did it at origin level - "Don't expect us to win, we need this, this and that first" - and he's been doing it at Parramatta ever since he arrived. He's basically telling his players (and anyone else who'll listen) that they're not good enough to win matches. Not exactly a way to build confidence.
As susan has noted, it's a pretty unusual strategy for a footy coach. Everybody else is expected to win, no matter what roster they're stuck with. But Ricky's preemptive strikes have so far managed to hide his very ordinary record.

susan said:
Steve Price,Matt Elliott and Hook Griffin wake every morning to the press howling for their sacking.They are on a pittance while Stuart reportedly earns close to a million.Stuart is now going as bad or worse than all of them after 4 rounds. He has also been unceremoniously sacked by his last two clubs while on huge money and each time he left a lot of baggage behind him.

As Johnny Lang said at a lunch a while back ""Ricky loses two series in a row and the media declares him a supercoach, Mal wins seven in a row and he's a total mug!""

Media protection is a great thing but I have a feeling this time it wont be enough.It finally caught up to Sheens after 8 years of rubbish.

Compare the cattle and you get why that sense exists and is promoted heavily by the NSW media.

I'll still give Stuart the BoD at this time. He's got pig skin to make a silk purse from, so will need more time with the current squad, and influence over the next lot of recruiting.

Remember, he's inherited a few big money players that he would not agree with, stuck in the squad.

I am expecting to see a surge of Eels juniors debuting during the course of this season as he tries to motivate his 'stars' to step-up, or force them to re-consider staying.

tookey said:
The telling factor at how s**t a coach Stuart is lies in the fact that parra chased at least a dozen big names players and signed no-one.

The players are the best judges of who a good coach is and Stuart isn't one that attracts players to a club unless they pay massive overs

The good news is that he will ensure that Parra remain our feeder club for a few more years as their junior players won't aspire to play FG with parra

Don't know if we can really say that considering he only became coach about finals time last year. All big names tied up by then

Both Parra and 'Riff have the juniors to be dominate clubs in the NRL. Why they constantly buy imports and inflated prices, forcing their promising juniors to move to other clubs, defies logic.
Both clubs need to stick to the 'born and bred in the West' philosophy where juniors aspire to playing for their club, and are treated loyally.
Not that I care.

Hamster Huey said:
Compare the cattle and you get why that sense exists and is promoted heavily by the NSW media.

I'll still give Stuart the BoD at this time. He's got pig skin to make a silk purse from, so will need more time with the current squad, and influence over the next lot of recruiting.

Remember, he's inherited a few big money players that he would agree with, stuck in the squad.

I am expecting to see a surge of Eels juniors debuting during the course of this season as he tries to motivate his 'stars' to step-up, or force them to re-consider staying.

The Who said:
Both Parra and 'Riff have the juniors to be dominate clubs in the NRL. Why they constantly buy imports and inflated prices, forcing their promising juniors to move to other clubs, defies logic.
Both clubs need to stick to the 'born and bred in the West' philosophy where juniors aspire to playing for their club, and are treated loyally.
Not that I care.

Gus tweeted last night it's going to take years for both the Panthers and Eels to have a great team choc full of juniors.
It's because the NRL clubs haven't been looking after there juniors and look for a quick fix solution.
Have heard a few former Eels junior clubs jumped ship to Penrith juniors when Gus came back on board with the Panthers.
For the Roosters a lot of the players playing last night and from the Newtown NSW Cup set up took years to develop and they'll get better.

Gus talks about developing juniors yet 'Riff signs a record number of imports and cuts several of their star locals this season!
I guess he at least is talking about the change. Parra still is not. If they couldn't spend $500,000 a year more wisely than recruiting an ordinary Bonco then they don't need my advice, they need to be certified.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8