Richie Fa'aoso cleared to return to the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Excellent news for Ritchie and hopefully he can play again. Seeing him in 2015 would be amazing.

If this was 6 weeks before finals and he could play a couple of NSW Cup games it would be great news - hard to see how he could get fit or in any sort of match practice in a couple of weeks though. But beggars cant be choosers I guess and its at least good news he's healthy at least for his own sake.

It is good news about Richie. A relief for him and his family, no doubt.

So........

If Gifty's ankle healed, return to the nrl through the reggies.

If Richie's neck is cleared, straight back into the gf.

Gotcha!

Don't do it Richie! So far there has been a few successful comebacks but sooner or later one of these comebacks will end in tears.

Hopefully this won't be the case with Richie or anyone else for that matter, but having experienced quadriplegia and being confined to a wheelchair for 36 odd years it's not worth it.

globaleagle said:
It is good news about Richie. A relief for him and his family, no doubt.

So........

If Gifty's ankle healed, return to the nrl through the reggies.

If Richie's neck is cleared, straight back into the gf.

Gotcha!

The difference is simply that Gifty has been unable to run and therefor do any training, whereas Richie has been training constantly and has some as yet unassessed level of fitness.

no.that is only a requirement for lower grades to prevent stacking of reserves with top graders who didn't make the 8.All that is required is a registered contract.

susan said:
no.that is only a requirement for lower grades to prevent stacking of reserves with top graders who didn't make the 8.All that is required is a registered contract.
Thanks Susan.

No, thats only to qualify for lower grades, to protect them being filled with first graders whose own Teams are not in contention.

Richie was out due to injury and lucky for Manly, they were honouring their option to extend him for 2014 :)

Even if he doesn't play, just knowing that there is a big Manly Muther who can take the field, should keep the Pretenders on high alert :D

Hope he has worked on his tacking technique. Else if could be a short comeback. Is he still contracted to us & included in our salary cap.

Jerry1 said:
Hope he has worked on his tacking technique. Else if could be a short comeback. Is he still contracted to us & included in our salary cap.
Yes Manly took up the option so that he had monies to help him recover. Thats why Richie is available for selection.

I really hope he stays on next year. 28-32 years old is prime for a prop, so at 30, I would think he has a couple of good years left in him. I think we need a kamikaze in the pack!

bones said:
I thought Manly signed Lauaki using the cap space created by Richie's retirement.

I was under the same impression, so assuming that's not the case luaki was just a purchase ontop if what were already paying faoso!

Epa was purchased under the Second Tier allowance.

Insurance must have come into play for Richie, even if it was only a relatively small amount.

It will be an interesting Finals yet again :)

Looking Manly good - with the Epilator :D
Bwq7Nk_CcAAmWZK.jpg

https://twitter.com/4ELOLE/status/507423751609147392

bones said:
I thought Manly signed Lauaki using the cap space created by Richie's retirement.

both have played the same amount of first grade this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4