Reynolds dive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the guy is a tooth pick !!!! with a big mouth...

im sure we have all in the past come across a guy that does alot of talking but when it comes to the crunch time he pees his pants. ( his time will come )

regarding graham , yes a very good ball runner and defender ( but he hurt watmough with his knee not the actual tackle ). but biting someone in my books will always be - grubby peasant for life and that act would never be forgotten...

ive said this before

DOG BY NAME , DOG BY NATURE !!!!

list goes on & on

ManlyBacker said:
Graham is one of the best forwards I have seen. But he makes Gallen (and his punches thrown in SOO1) look like a saint after his chomp in the GF. AS C&C says, there are some dog acts that are too far to come back from. At the very least it will take a long time to earn back respect.
He'll never live down the grub tag for being a biter, but regardless of that he must be pretty close to the best front rower in the game at present.

panash said:
the guy is a tooth pick !!!! with a big mouth...

im sure we have all in the past come across a guy that does alot of talking but when it comes to the crunch time he pees his pants. ( his time will come )

regarding graham , yes a very good ball runner and defender ( but he hurt watmough with his knee not the actual tackle ). but biting someone in my books will always be - grubby peasant for life and that act would never be forgotten...

ive said this before

DOG BY NAME , DOG BY NATURE !!!!

list goes on & on

In round 10 against Newcastle Reynolds tried to blatantly trip Kevin Naiqama when Naiqama scored Newcastle's last try (Naiqama stepped off his right foot and as Reynolds was falling he stuck out his left foot in a very dangerous manner to try to trip him) . Then Reynolds stayed on the ground pretending to be injured to take attention away from the attempted trip.

The video ref tipped off the on field referee earlier in the game about a line drop out. The on field referee changed the ruling. Why couldn't he do something about the dive?

Or even more to the point, Isn't it time now more than ever to introduce captains challenge? Just while we're changing the rules willy nilly anyway.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
That's interesting, my understanding was that the penalty was for completing the tackle after the ref had called held, but reading that article above they are saying that the penalty was for the lifting / dangerous position offence.

Yeah that's was my take on it too C&C. Surely there is a way Reynolds can be penalised for it. At least an acknowledgement from the NRL that they got it wrong.

''I see what Geoff is saying, but it's difficult for the referee to see all things in the game.''

Asked about gamesmanship, Anderson said: ''It happens, and it happens all over the field, whether it's a bloke thrashing around in the ruck. There's plenty of gamesmanship - that's been part of the game for a very long time.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/judiciary-unable-to-charge-on-conning-gamesmanship-20130616-2ocfk.html

And there's the official green light for players to take dives. This trend towards diving is the biggest threat to our game since Super League, an if this is the attitude of the ref's boss then god help the game.

RL fans have long been able to laugh at soccer players taking dives, but at least they penalise players for it in soccer. RL is fast going from the toughest to the softest of all 4 codes.

I can't recall an administration that was more out of touch with what the fans want than the one we have now. Somebody needs to remind them that this sport is supposed to be a tough contact sport.

• 👍
Well, hopefully one good thing will come out of this. Reynolds appeared as a rank amateur compared to Greg Inglis, given how he looked like some stuttering gay flamingo for almost an eternity before his dive to the depths of no self-respect. It must now be obvious to the pinks that Reynolds is emulating GI. Hopefully, the tactic will now be seen for what it is and the prima donnas will be penalised accordingly. Or am I expecting too much?

It's a shame that GI, tagged as the world's best, demeans himself by resorting to such tactics.

And to the bulldog supporters cheering Reynolds on... how many losses do you attribute to the absence of Krisnan Inu?

Round 24 should be interesting. Maybe it should be rescheduled to the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre.

• 👍
It's a shame that GI, tagged as the world's best, demeans himself by resorting to such tactics.

Could you demean yourself anymore than declaring yourself a Queenslander when you are born and bred NSW. I wouldn't have expected anything less from Inglis.

MadMarcus said:
''I see what Geoff is saying, but it's difficult for the referee to see all things in the game.''

Asked about gamesmanship, Anderson said: ''It happens, and it happens all over the field, whether it's a bloke thrashing around in the ruck. There's plenty of gamesmanship - that's been part of the game for a very long time.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/judiciary-unable-to-charge-on-conning-gamesmanship-20130616-2ocfk.html

And there's the official green light for players to take dives. This trend towards diving is the biggest threat to our game since Super League, an if this is the attitude of the ref's boss then god help the game.

That's a pisspoor (oops sorry) response from anderson.

Very, very weak. Again, subconscious bias coming into play? Incompetent?

Regardless they can all go and suck start a harley.

Can someone cleverer than I post a poll?
I don't know how to do it.
Question: Taking the emotion out of Friday nights debacle, should golden point be scrapped. No modifications, no in betweens, just a yes or no response?
If no, that then raises another question, what do we do for semis? We can't go back to the old days of replaying the game. There has to be a result on the day somehow.

If we scrap golden point then we should set up an inflatable wading pool at full time and conduct a diving competition as the tie breaker.

With the rule changes coming in that you cant punch a bloke, this grub will get even more valuable..... he and his grub mate ennis will just try harder to get under blokes noses so they retaliate and throw a punch

Chip and Chase said:
If we scrap golden point then we should set up an inflatable wading pool at full time and conduct a diving competition as the tie breaker.

So souths and dogs into the grand final then.

I would like to see Manly take the piss with a choreographed try celebration next time they play dogs. Reenact the whole seen. Two players helping someone do a 360 flip, and someone posing as a blind referee blow for the penalty. Sorted

• 👍
cava2323 said:
I would like to see Manly take the piss with a choreographed try celebration next time they play dogs. Reenact the whole seen. Two players helping someone do a 360 flip, and someone posing as a blind referee blow for the penalty. Sorted

I would like to see Manly win first

1001788_10151675027429456_138183450_n.jpg

There's a video of Choc in the Origin camp on the Sea Eagles site and at the end he talks about the "incident". No love for Reynolds even in the Blues camp!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2