Reward loyalty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
So many of Manlys issues come down to money.
Most should have been avoidable as these clowns at the NRL give compensations to keep players at certain clubs, yet the clubs who develope juniors from scratch get no compensation to retain the player they nurtured.
Its a fact Manlys desire and will is instilled to both new players and juniors as shown in recent years with NSW cup players blooming into quality 1st graders at Manly who could not get a start at there NRL clubs.
Then after gaining that winning culture at Manly, they become wanted at other teams to spread the attitude through their club...and fair enough.
But how about the 1 club players - Foran/Matai/Stewarts/DCE ect....surely these blokes should be give compensation before outsiders like SBW/Burgess just to get them to play NRL....the ethics seem mixed up here....as a fan this issue runs deeper than just Manly, but the NRL need to act on this soon as it rips apart clubs, pi##es off fans and defies common sense.

Interesting than Scam Smith has come out today and bagged the idea of "top ups" for name players, feel the money should go to one club long serving players.

Yes I know somewhat "self serving", nevertheless he's right, players (such as Gifty) should be able to just be a one club player after 10 years loyal service, players in their 11th year and beyond should be exempt from the cap and allowed to play out their days at the club they have played for all their lives.

Minichello is a perfect example of this (whom we hear received special dispensation from the NRL for the 2014 and final season.

The current regime in charge of our game seem to think that its more important to keep a mercenary in the game for a few extra bucks rather than reward a player for his longevity and loyalty.

This game was founded on values of loyalty and mateship and is now consumed by greed and selfishness.

You only have to look at the people at the top of the game and you see greed and selifshness in abundance!

sheridanstand78 said:
The current regime in charge of our game seem to think that its more important to keep a mercenary in the game for a few extra bucks rather than reward a player for his longevity and loyalty.

This game was founded on values of loyalty and mateship and is now consumed by greed and selfishness.

You only have to look at the people at the top of the game and you see greed and selifshness in abundance!

Well said mate, could not agree more!!

I just hate seeing the values of the game consumed by Greenturd and Smith and their grubby cronies at Nein and the News limited corrupt the game.

We fans are just used now, no one is seriously listening to us and ignoring the traditions of the game.

The good of the game seems to run a poor second to the bottom line. I wonder how many of the current administration are actually fans of the game?

Imagine what would happen if a great of the game like Klemmer or Josh Jackson said they were going to rugby? Greenturd would probably crap his dacks in he rush to make up a way to throw money at them...

When you've got Grant and Smith who couldn't be bothered to learn their clubs names or high profile players names then you have to question if any of their decisions will be for the good of anything but their own greedy arses. As for putting that shonk used car salesman Greenturd as operations manager it's just a farcical joke to call the NRL a professional run sport.

Minichello is a perfect example of this (whom we hear received special dispensation from the NRL for the 2014 and final season.
[/quote]

That dispensation, I think around $200,000, is available to every club which has a ten year veteran, luckily for the Roosters, Mini was their only ten year veteran, unfortunately for us,we had about six ten year veterans.

Moondog said:
The good of the game seems to run a poor second to the bottom line. I wonder how many of the current administration are actually fans of the game?

Well Dave Smith doesn't know the difference between a back line and a back row.

Catch 22 wealthy clubs be it financially or due to location tend to retain players longer so you might just be rewarding the wealthy clubs even more so than now.

Anyone who thinks the rules will change for long serving players whilst Manly stands to benefit is kidding themselves.

I never thought I'd say this, but Gallop was better than Smith and Greenturd could ever hope to be.

Greenturd reminds me of a school principal who puts in a whole bunch of programs and commissions new buildings so that they have some perceived legacy. Whether there's any educational benefit or a need for buildings is irrelevant.

All these fools have done is change a bucketload of rules for no reason and sold the game to Nein to the point where fans are a dispensable commodity.

So we can forget anything to do with loyalty as long as these two fools are in charge.

The attitude out of NRL headquarters is quite disturbing, 'get the Folaus, Hunts, SBW's etc back at all costs'. Now I have no issue with rugby league wanting to get these players into the NRL, or accepting them back. My issue is we are bending over to have them back. Breaking the bank to get them, what message does that send to the younger generation....be a loyal servant (like Gifty) or be a mercenary (like SBW)?

To me the NRL is losing sight of the tribalism of rugby league and sanitizing it further and further (and I've gone on ad nauseam about the 1 punch rule, shoulder charge, stadiums). By further breaking down the 1 club player it is ripping further down the hatred that players and teams have for other players. This is what makes rugby league great.

Let's bring up the Storm/Sea Eagles games in the last 8 years. These games have been ball tearers in the last couple of years, and why? Yes both great teams, but they HATE each other.

To be honest though, it would be better if the league really enforced the cap and third party arrangements rather than having it like a black box - than try to have guys be one team players. As Gifty gets on and becomes even MORE injury prone - is that worth it to the club to have him finish here?

The best athletes in the world have not finished at their first clubs. Gretzky left Edmonton, Jordan finished a Washington Wizard and even the Colts let Peyton Manning go for nothing. Peyton especially was their biggest ever star and they just let him go because the team thought it was time to move on. The classy move I feel is to do what a lot of teams do, and we did with Beaver and thats to have them play elsewhere, then come back and "sign" back with their original team, then immediately retire, so they go out a player for that team.

Otherwise you're just trying to find ways to circumvent the cap and create all kinds of exceptions. Go the other way and be totally hard on it but actually enforce it. The NRL is pathetic at it. Look at our 6k breach or the fact they just gave up investigating the Broncos because of the wall of silence. Pathetic...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4